Who else EDCs a fixedblade?

I have my Horsewright Cowboy with iron wood scales and brass bolsters and I am carrying it in a horizontal cross draw sheath. I love this knife! It is on me every day. Dave makes an awesome blade!
Thanks for the kind words! Here's a Cowboy with ironwood without the bolsters:

xIowHDM.jpg

7YavOFk.jpg

Here's one with a bolster and sheep horn scales:

RU5V5X2.jpg

Just like the Vaquero above this is a model I make in different steels. In damascus it is the Buckaroo:

vDXCD10.jpg

d3Vg15g.jpg

Last edited:
Got to figure how to carry my LTW Coyote, still have to figure how to better sharpen its D2 steel. I do like Childress neckers too. One of these days I will have to get a Dave Ferry (Horsewright) knife AND Sheath because the sheath is what makes a good knife a great knife and a great package. Good stuff.......nuff said.

Last edited:
So I've been through a few sheaths including pocket sheaths and I found one that I love.

A knife connection pocket pal. Instead of a light I carry my SAK with my guardian 3 because I carry a surefire stiletto with a pocket clip weak side.

The best part is it has a belt loop so I can carry it on my side as well and I don't have to have two sheaths for it. So belt or pocket carry. I like this one. Just thought I would share

IMG-20200222-092201.jpg

IMG-20200222-092210.jpg

Emma is a young friend of ours that helps on the ranch and in the shop. Her knife is one of my California Coyotes with an olive wood handle and a basket stamped pancake sheath:

fTHGWm1.jpg

sIwSbeS.jpg

Emma's mom bought the knife from me a couple of years ago for Emma's 15th birthday.

11zY1NE.jpg

As one of my booth babes at a show we did last Oct:

pONgqox.jpg

0mUJV4N.jpg

yD27PhB.jpg

Booth babes grilling back in camp later that night:

Pmfn5Sn.jpg

RMpT6AE.jpg

She was castrating the calf in those two pics above with a prototype blade I'd developed for said task. Here in my back pocket waiting the next bull calf:

SKQFoxn.jpg

JB8qPZx.jpg

Smoke my daughter, (in the pink shirt in the post above):

avKmo8Z.jpg

Smoke carries one of my Stainless Vaqueros in desert ironwood, also in a basket stamped pancake sheath. When I first gave her the knife and sheath she was carrying it in the front for a right hand crossdraw. She has since moved it to behind her hip like Emma as she has found that more comfortable, many women do. She had a different knife while she was growing up, but misplaced it in a move some years back, so I gave her a new one back in Oct. I don't have a pic of her knife but here is one of my own personal Stainless Vaquero, in camel bone. Hers has a brass bolster instead of the copper. The blade is AEB-L @63 RC.

wSSRIZQ.jpg

Here is one in ironwood with out a bolster:

PGE5F8U.jpg

Along with a Vaquero Ultralite, same blade pattern just sans handle and in damascus. These two guys went to Sweden.

KiauHVE.jpg

I also make the same knife in 26C3 a very pure, high carbon steel. I clay coat em for heat treat and they are 64 RC. Here in elk:

sYNoqzM.jpg

Amber stag jigged bone:

pHKqNCW.jpg

The wife also EDCs in a pancake sheath. Her's is in grey water buffalo leather and is not tooled but it matches her belt we made her too, (heck we made her wool vest and wildrag scarf too):

7PNif0T.jpg

sIf3ACr.jpg

0UECzKT.jpg

She carries a Poco, a small damascus knife:

MHLEZrG.jpg
I like the high carbon blades.I've never seen you post one before.

Back