Who else EDCs a fixedblade?

I carried this one today. Cut some chicken with it, check out that blue!
H88RbbH.jpg

That is an interesting fixed blade.

Its a neat concept! You carry it in a sheath or clipped on a belt loop or whatever depending on which way you swing that arm. It covers the blade so the clip is useable or folds the other way to make the handle and just use the sheath. Dpx gear initially had this type of thing for sale but never really took off. I always thought it was a neat idea and grabbed it when I saw.one!IMG_20210325_080854.jpg IMG_20210325_080906.jpg IMG_20210325_080922.jpg

Its a neat concept! You carry it in a sheath or clipped on a belt loop or whatever depending on which way you swing that arm. It covers the blade so the clip is useable or folds the other way to make the handle and just use the sheath. Dpx gear initially had this type of thing for sale but never really took off. I always thought it was a neat idea and grabbed it when I saw.one!View attachment 1533672 View attachment 1533673 View attachment 1533674

Just curious but how much did you pay for that copy? And what steel does it use?

Just curious but how much did you pay for that copy? And what steel does it use?

It was either $19.99 or $24.99. Can't really remember but I had no problem with either price!! Its some crappy steel 5cr Somethin or other. If you go to the website its all available there. Thorium Tactical is the company. They have some interesting stuff!!

I just finished designing and building this fixed blade model. It's intended to be an EDC that is especially well suited for fishing and other activities on or around the water. I posted a full description / explanation / introduction in the Knifemaker's Gallery if anyone wants to see any more of it. It's LC200N with a nickel silver bolster and G10 handle. I call it the Heron.
c9fwUphl.jpg

This is a very nice piece. Impressive work!

I do! Depending on what I'm going to be up to that day, either a Ka-Bar wrench knife (Picnics, parties, etc.) or a Spyderco Jumpmaster 2 (Going to work).

The Ka-bar is my smaller, pocket-sized one that does whatever my slipjoint can't, and the Jumpmaster 2's my workhorse for breaking down large boxes or cutting zip ties and other such heavier utilitarian tasks.

Alternate between the CS Bowie spike, Esee Izula, CRKT Civet or CRKT acquisition (Fixed)

Back