Who else EDCs a fixedblade?

20210310-110410.jpg

I had been using a sykco 511, but this DEK1 is better for that role in every way. It's been on me since I recieved it. It will be hard to usurp it. The thing just works so well as an edc.

I just finished designing and building this fixed blade model. It's intended to be an EDC that is especially well suited for fishing and other activities on or around the water. I posted a full description / explanation / introduction in the Knifemaker's Gallery if anyone wants to see any more of it. It's LC200N with a nickel silver bolster and G10 handle. I call it the Heron.
c9fwUphl.jpg

This one is pretty nice size fixed blade

IMG_5433 by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

But even with the micarta scales it was just a wee bit thin when held so I did a cord wrap with some 330 paracord, removed the innards and tied a whipping knot to keep it in place, now it's quite handy to use.

Untitled by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

Untitled by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

G2

That's a Moki Banff, right ? Had one and gifted it to a knife sensitive nephew. He used it all around the world (he's an avid fisherman...)

Yes, that is correct. It is a very handy little fixed blade. I have not used it for fishing yet, but I expect it would excel at that purpose. I have mainly used it for food preparation at barbecues, picnics, etc., as well as for a bit of light-duty work around the property, opening feed bags and the like.

Back