Who smokes a pipe here?

As much as a liv e my Irish Peterson's, I do admit the italians make a great pipe. My Savinelli is one of my best smoking pipes. The Savinelli top. Bottom is a Cammineto Bussiness.
26959788874_f353e40c70_c.jpg
[/url]Untitled by Carl Levitan, on Flickr[/IMG]

I buy all my tobacco bulk. The Tobacco shops are pirates!

I buy from an online seller and put up three or four pounds of tobacco if there is one I like, in case of impending apocalypse.

Just normal life for me, no apocalypse. I still chuckle to myself about doing some work in SA and taking 10 lbs of tobacco with me in my luggage. That raised a few eye brows at customs.

I read with interest Leghog's comments about what he uses. But honestly, I would use up several of those "tins" in a very short time and the tinned tobacco is more expensive. Probably going to try some things I haven't in a long time.

I got a chuckle out of the Prince Albert ad that was reproduced here. The stuff smells wonderful but tastes like ...... well, you know what. Major bite to. I remember as a kid wandering around the workman either on the highway or the railroad and Prince Albert being smoked. One of the neighbors had their own "little dump" and there were hundreds of Prince Albert cans in that thing. As kids we frequented that dump first with out BB guns and later with our 22's.

I have a Savinelli Giubileo d'oro (320), a few Jacapo's, a Ferndown Root Briar, and a Peterson Army Spigot. This time of year I like to smoke cigars, but when in the house, the wife loves the room note of a good aromatic.

I’ve been smoking a pipe 36 years, just curious if there are any more pipe smokers on BF? What do you tend to favor, a Briar or Meerschaum? Do you prefer a straight, bent or maybe a 1/4 bent. Do you normally find you like the feel of a smooth or rusticated pipe the best. What type of Tobacco’s do you enjoy, Burley blends, English, Aromatic or maybe some of you enjoy Virginia blends. I myself enjoy smoking traditional shaped pipes, I usually smoke a Billiard or a bulldog W/ a saddle bit. I get my Tobacco, #300 blend from Uhle’s Pipe Shop of Milwaukee, Wisconsin. It’s a cubed cut Burley that burns long providing a cool smoke with excellent taste and aroma. Would love to hear from other pipe smokers and see some pictures if you like.

tEe2hyw.jpg

Last edited:
As a registered user, you can post pictures using a picture hosting site. I use Imgur, but there are others. Once you have uploaded a picture to the hosting site, copy the web address of the picture. Note: picture web addresses must end in .jpg or .gif

Then go to your post and click the image tool on the toolbar next to the smiley tool. Click the link icon in the popup. (Looks like a chain.) Paste the picture address into the window. Then click the INSERT button.

I used to smoke a pipe a few decades ago. My favorite pipe was a rough surface briar. My blend was made for me by a tobbacconist in the Los Angeles area, where I lived at the time. Similar in taste to Captain Black Royal, but with a touch of Latakia for more flavor.

As a registered user, you can post pictures using a picture hosting site. I use Imgur, but there are others. Once you have uploaded a picture to the hosting site, copy the web address of the picture. Note: picture web addresses must end in .jpg or .gif

Then go to your post and click the image tool on the toolbar next to the smiley tool. Click the link icon in the popup. (Looks like a chain.) Paste the picture address into the window. Then click the INSERT button.

I used to smoke a pipe a few decades ago. My favorite pipe was a rough surface briar. My blend was made for me by a tobbacconist in the Los Angeles area, where I lived at the time. Similar in taste to Captain Black Royal, but with a touch of Latakia for more flavor.

knarfeng knarfeng ,
I tried uploading some pics to Imgur, but was really unsure of where or how to upload on the site. I did start an account. Then when I tried to click on the image tool on my post, it would just blink. I really hope I can figure it out, would love to be able to share pics. I see you visited a Tobacco shop in the Los Angeles area, Did you ever make it to The Original Tinder Box in Santa Monica? Thanks for your help!

Once you have uploaded a picture to Imgur. Click the picture. it will enlarge, and on the right of it will be different kinds of links for sharing your picture. Choose the "BBCode message boards and forums" link. Click the copy button next to it. Then you can go to your post and just paste in that link without needing to use the picture tool here on BF.

I was working in the San Fernando Valley at the time and living in the San Gabriel Valley area out by Pomona. Never went to Santa Monica.

Once you have uploaded a picture to Imgur. Click the picture. it will enlarge, and on the right of it will be different kinds of links for sharing your picture. Choose the "BBCode message boards and forums" link. Click the copy button next to it. Then you can go to your post and just paste in that link without needing to use the picture tool here on BF.

I was working in the San Fernando Valley at the time and living in the San Gabriel Valley area out by Pomona. Never went to Santa Monica.
knarfeng knarfeng I appreciate all your help, I found the way to upload pictures on BF, if I can just figure out Imgur. I have uploaded some photos, now if I can figure out how to copy and share the image. Hopefully I’m getting closer!😊😉

I tend to prefer bent billiards and brandies with largish chambers. As far as tobacco goes, I’m all over the place but Squadron Leader is pretty much my go to.

Here’s a selection of recent pics:

aDSgNbQ.jpg

8LtfE3N.jpg

35ijztU.jpg

dTgczxb.jpg

THLwWcD.jpg
JAB JAB Looks like a couple of nice Peterson’s you have there friend, very nice pipes & assortment of tobacco. I’m still tinkering with posting pictures, but I’m closer than I was!

Reactions: JAB
I've been smoking Uhle's #300 Blend from Milwaukee, Wisconsin, since college... that's more than 40 years now. I prefer a briar, saddle-bit bulldog, preferably. Goes well with coffee, or a good Scotch.
Hello A Alberta Ed , I know this is an older post, but as a new member here and after searching through some of the older threads I happened upon this thread of, Who smokes a Pipe here. As a Pipe smoker of 36 years I noticed that you too have been a longtime customer of Uhle’s Pipe shop and have smoked there #300 blend for years. Just thought it was neat to run across someone with that kind of Brand loyalty, as I too have smoked Uhle’s #300 for years. Was just curious if you’re still getting to enjoy your pipe? If so, Happy Smoking!

Back