Who The Heck Are Ya?

Mark Williams said:
I have no Sticky powers :(

I usually just ask Kit and he makes it happen.
I think it would be a great idea to have a sticky for the perpetual. "I want to make knives, tell me everything" type posts were we could add all the links to the tutorials that folks have done.

KIT !!!!

Edited to add. I know we are pretty self moderating here in shoptalk. But it would be nice if we had another moderator just for this type thing when Kit is busy. Our other moderator (no offense) is kinda like a ghost around here :)

I am the Warehouse and Shipping Manager for Jantz Supply and now Koval Knives :thumbup: I am not a knifemaker,but it is important to me to know the tips, techniques, needs and desires of the Kinfemakers. This helps us have the products you need! I also need to be able to let our Customer Service reps know what the heck they are selling! and what it is used for. We are currently working on inventory for the 'new to us' Koval line and any input would be appreciated. you can email us at koval@kovalknives.com or just answer here for everyones benefit. Again, glad to meet all you guys and girls with the REAL talent and skills, Let us know how we can help you get what you need.

Anyone use 3M belts or other products? We will add new 3M items soon and if you know of any products Knifemakers need or want now is the time to let us know!:) :)

kenda said:
I am the Warehouse and Shipping Manager for Jantz Supply and now Koval Knives :thumbup: I am not a knifemaker,but it is important to me to know the tips, techniques, needs and desires of the Kinfemakers. This helps us have the products you need! I also need to be able to let our Customer Service reps know what the heck they are selling! and what it is used for. We are currently working on inventory for the 'new to us' Koval line and any input would be appreciated. you can email us at koval@kovalknives.com or just answer here for everyones benefit. Again, glad to meet all you guys and girls with the REAL talent and skills, Let us know how we can help you get what you need.

Anyone use 3M belts or other products? We will add new 3M items soon and if you know of any products Knifemakers need or want now is the time to let us know!:) :)

Hi Kenda
it sure would help if you were a knife maker:) ..but I'm sure you know your business if not now you will later as you go..
yes 3m micron is good..for me anyway..I type with one finger leaving the others to make knives with so a list is not a timely thing for me to do..

but welcome aboard and I'm sure others will chime in also :thumbup: :)

Hi all, I'm Ted Muench in Everett, WA. I've been an on and off collector over the years (my desires seem to outpace my salary on a regular basis, hence the on-off) and I believe that during the long, cold, wet winter I'll be starting to dabble in creating those blades that I can't afford to pay somebody else to do for me. So far, I've found a tremendous amount of info on this site, and look forward to sharing tips and hints with all you other more experienced knife makers.

Happy Holidays!

not quite sure how this works yet, I am professor82601. Myself and my mentor, Wycked Willy are a couple of old, used up, disabled vets who are learning to make knives. wycked has been at it a longer time than i, but we keep on keeping on. We are in central wyoming, and any of you who know this region know that now is the cold season, so we have a lot of time in-shop to try to accomplish things. Our problem right now is to find some anhydrous borax so that we may make some wire damascus. If anyone has any ideas, we would sure appreciate the info, thanks.

I've been hesitant to introduce myself but here goes. I'm 51 and I've been a collector for several years. A while ago I decided I wanted to make knives instead of just buying knives. I realized that it was kind of an all or nothing proposition. If you want to make knives you have to drill holes, cut steel, grind steel, etc. so you have to decide either your in or your not. My reluctance to make the investment was that 3 years ago the doctors told me I had 2 years left to live. Terminal cancer. I'm still here and I still feel pretty good so I made the leap. If it doesn't work out my wife will be selling some nice equipment very cheap. I've purchased a band saw, drill press, hand tools, supplies, heat treat oven and a Burr King grinder. I'm sure I'll have lots of questions and I need to be on a fast learning curve. That's my story. I'll talk to everyone soon. Best regards. Dave

Another newbie here - my name is Kevin and I've been reading/learning here for a while. I first started to learn how to make knives about a year or so ago. Right now just do blades from Texas Knife, etc. I really enjoy doing it, and have recently started learning from a local custom knifemaker (VP of FL Knifemakers Association). I like doing skinners the most.

My primary work is in leather and my company is K&D Holsters. I make a variety of holsters for a variety of guns, but also do a lot of knife sheaths and other stuff. Here's a sample of a knife and sheath I did a while back, it was my third knife that I made:

CustomKnife-blacksheath1.jpg

I'm a reader/learner more than a poster on the forums, so you won't probably hear much from me in that respect. Look forward to learning from all you folks.

My name is Ben Hibben and I am Daryl Hibben's oldest son. I dabble in making knives when I have the time and money. I've been watching my dad work on knives for as long as I can remember. Lately I've been practicing the basic skills and enjoying the process. Honestly I have no idea if I will ever make anything to sell or only as gifts and practice. My interests as of late have been in engraving and inlay techniques. Fulltime I am a multimedia guru, doing everything from database-driven websites to shooting and editing video. I look forward to getting to know other makers here and learning more about this fascinating (and yes, addicting) endeavor.

I frequently go by my nickname "Blenster" in general, so it's fine to use either name with me.

I have used the Handle "Beans" for over 15 Years. It is my SASS Handle and a lot of people don't know me by any other name.

I could probly sign my checks using "Beans" and they would get cashed.

I live in Henderson Nevada

Howdy...
My name is William (Bill) Ellis. I make an ok knife under the name Billy's Blades.
http://www.billysblades.com/

I haven't been very active in the past 10 years because of a change in a career that just ended in retirement. I will dangle my feet with the knifemaking thing for a while until my book is finished on the jail. Then, I will probably start kickin' some more stuff out.

Hi, my name is Steve, and I've lived in Connecticut all my life (32 years, so far). I haven't yet had the chance to start in the knifemaking hobby, but hopefully soon, that will change. :)

Hi guys i go by blueedgemaker but my name is Freddie Haire i live in Sunray Texas.i am amechanic by trade and aknife freak by nature.Have made a few knives but have a lot to learn.Imake most of my equipment.No pictures yet bought adigital camera.alas it is smarter than i am.also like to gab.See ya.

Timmee said:
Hi, my name is Steve, and I've lived in Connecticut all my life (32 years, so far). I haven't yet had the chance to start in the knifemaking hobby, but hopefully soon, that will change. :)
Welcome!!! Checkout our NECKA site. We have Hammer Ins a few times a years at my shop here in New Bedford, Ma.Your about a hour and 20 minutes from my house. Once the weather warms up come over on a Saturday, most of the time it's like a mini hammer-in here on Saturdays.:D

hi guys,

my name is dave hatt, i live in long beach california and i am very new to knifemaking, however now that i have completed and sold a few, i am proud to call myself a knife maker. and honered to be in the presence of such talent. anyone in my area please feel free to contact me at: cddc@yahoo.com

reguards,

dave

Hi, names Matt Vollman. Lifelong knife and firearms enthusiast. Own my own video/vending machine route so now have oodles of free time on my hands. Been contemplating making knives for years but now that I have my own house w/shop to boot and all this time decided it's now or never. Had no idea how much is involved. That just intrigues me more as opposed to finding it discouraging. Was a chef for 10-11 years and knifemaking bears a lot of resemblance to cooking at least at first glance. I mean besides the "recipes" and all the one thing you learn when you start cooking professionally is that you'll never know it all, there is just too much to learn. Means you'll never get bored. Coming to you from Sacramento.

My name is Jake Larrimore. I live in Maryland about 30 min north of Baltimore, just south of the PA line. I am knew to the forum and to knifemaking all together. If there are any knifemakers around my way I would love to hear from ya.
Thanks,
Jake

jhlarri said:
My name is Jake Larrimore. I live in Maryland about 30 min north of Baltimore, just south of the PA line. I am knew to the forum and to knifemaking all together. If there are any knifemakers around my way I would love to hear from ya.
Thanks,
Jake

J & Tess Neilson are in Wyalusing PA
I have no Idea how close that is though?:confused:

jhlarri said:
Thanks,
Jake
im in littlestowni i can help i sure will try
my "real job " is at office mats inc just off the square
butch

Hey Jake, I'm in Baltimore. Where just north are you. I'm always in for helping a body get started.

Larry

Im in Westminster, Carroll County if you know it. I go back to college Jan. 15, so i wont be back till early may, but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jake

Back