Who Would Be Interested In Doing A Collaboration Classic Hunter With Me??

Oh, I didn't say he had agreed -- I just said it would be nice if he did. :D

updated list..
post 279 sequence of job
Bruce Bump:*over seeing, gold Etching 487 and presentation edge

post 490 names,, ((487 to bad we couldn't etch the glass of the case from the back side with the names and gold fill it))
it would be a part of the package then..what did we decide?

Burchtree Michael Burch:* design, blade blank and dummy blank profiling and write up for the selling of it ..
post 286 some on dummy blade blank for fitting reasons

itrade Steve Sando:* design

Nick Wheeler:* Damascus, billet of 1084/15N20 mix. Heat treat spec's

ddavelarsen Dave Larsen:* grind blade and taper and dummy blank tang

Laredo7mm: Sean Couch *231 providing Mokume and Jade
241 242 info on mokume

Chuck Leake donating Ivory 260

John Andrews:* jade rough shaping, cutting of the jade
post 286 some on jade filling
more on the jade 269 280

Rlinger Roger linger:* Heat treating, edge testing, Ivory , fitting Ivory scales and jade
292 a little prayer :D

Dan Gray: *shape bolsters and work up and fit take down parts, handle fit relief, provide dummy blank steel., provide Gold screws grind dummy blank handle profile for fit up, relief work why 295

Jay Maines:*for kick a$$ sheath

pendentive Dan Koster: * Certificate of Origin
(certificate + photos), Dan Koster post 549

Harry Knickerbocker:* Bola (from scrap pieces) 551
tang tip, assist Michael with writing
talk about articles 542 to 546

presentation case:* Ottis Linger, Jr

let me know if anything is missing or needs changing..?

Jay emails approximately three weeks to my door step. I will call Pop and let him know. He has periodically (over many months that turned into over a year) asked when we wanted him to get started on the case. Does not look like long now.

Burchtree, my vote and belief is to wait until your work is finished and the mag article comes out before offering for sale or auction. I think Dan Gray agrees and would guess Bruce Bump would agree. No use sellling short now. A half a life time has been spent on this so far so what's a little more. Patience..... and besides that, its the whole package not just a knife that is of the value.

Roger
-----

Dan,

Can you put a space line between Laredo7mm credit and Chuck Leake credit in your listing.

RL

still willing to do cert & photos.

but need knife here first to do either. ;)

My vote is that is just fine. There is only two months left in 2006 though.

rlinger
------

Anybody Else? Will we be done in 2006?

personally I'd put it down as the date we started it and then it won't matter :D as long as the date details are there why not..?

maybe it would be a antique faster that way too :confused: rrr maybe not :confused: :)

When did we start? How about "Collaboration Hunter 2003-2007" That should just about cover it. :)

We don't have to have too much on there as the certificate will have the start and end date I assume?

Imagine my suprise when I opened the Priority mail package I received today from Jay Maines!!! Best I can say is: STUNNING. Jay did a great/super job on the sheath he made for our knife. Unfortunetly I still have not written a web site so I have no where to host the pix I took, however, I emailed the three pix to Dan Grey and asked that he post them here for us.

In one of the pix you will notice that the belt does not even have to be undone to carry the sheath.

Jay, tell us all about the leather you used. SUPER work Jay.

I am hoping to get this package to Pop this Saturday for display case making. I think after that it goes to Bruce (right?).

rlinger
------

WOW way cool :eek: :thumbup: :D
Jay Also did the patena on the Mokume and added Mokume into the sheath..

collab_sheath3.jpg

collab_sheath2.jpg

collab_sheath1.jpg

Thanks Dan for the posting of pix.

Here is an excerpt from Jay's latest email to me:

"It was an interesting and fun project, and I'm very glad that I offered to
built a sheath for this special knife. If anyone should ask, the sheath is
built from black, Gator hide from LA. The knife has bolsters and butt caps
made from Mokume, so I added 4 round windows on the top of the sheath, and
backed them with more, random patterned, Mokume. Hope you like it? "

rlinger
------

I love it! First Class work Jay. Very custom and looks to be the perfect sheath of this "One of a Kind" package.

Back