Who Would Be Interested In Doing A Collaboration Classic Hunter With Me??

sure is John
this was fun being a part of..
I was just looking...this thread is at
20,029 views and 981 replys

sure is John
this was fun being a part of..
I was just looking...this thread is at
20,029 views and 981 replys
Sure was! Kind of like your picture on your avatar, when we were trying to get our regular shop work done along with the colab knife. It was sure worth it, like you are saying.

Before that article can be done, we'll need to figure out the charity the money goes to, and how/where it will be sold. Any suggestions?

Before that article can be done, we'll need to figure out the charity the money goes to, and how/where it will be sold. Any suggestions?

where the article will be part of the selling process hopefully maximizing it's sale ,
I agree this should be done soon..

is there a girls or boys group ( boy/girl scouts ?) that will promote what we do, and still have all the money go to them without some of it or most of it going to the head as a salary ,, the red cross gets like 200K a year from our donations:mad:

I wonder if a well known purveyor would sell it for us?? :confused:surely he could value it for us..

First, it is great to see my ol'buddy Big John back on the thread. Miss ya John and we need to talk again over the land line.

I agree or will say that my belief is it not be sold before the mag article. The mag article adds to the value and will promote our end desire. My vote is to throw sales to the wind until all is finished. We already have years in this and it looks like another 1/2 year and I should not expect publication for even much longer than that. I believe in partience and we have already practiced much of that.

On another note I have noticed a flaw in finish. Two corners of the ivory are too much above the front bolster. I will need to (or Dan) correct that. One of these two corners will require some jade contouring. I am guessing in working and reworking the bolsters may have accented this situation. Regardless it needs correcting. I have decided not to address it at this time. I rather think it best to get the case finished and Bruce's work finished first. To correct is only a couple day's but it does involve more USPS mail travel time and money. To put it short; I am just not happy yet with the handle and believe that which I described should be corrected. Other than that little but pesky problem this thing is drop dead pretty and looks to be fully functional. I will never get over Dave Larsen's superb grind of this blade. We could not have chosen a better grinder.

rlinger
------

Aw ... shucks Roger. :eek:

I agree with Burch that we might want to settle on a charity for our donation before the writeup. Whenever I volunteer or make a donation to charity, it's either Habitat for Humanity or the local Food Pantry. Neither of those are outdoor related though, which might be more appropriate.

Seeing the light at the end of the tunnel on this baby has me drooling!

I am easy on where it goes except I will NOT vote for big name charity. If someone mentions United Way I will throw a childish fit. Except for that type of thing I am game for what you all wish. I sincerely believe though that we wait until the mag article is published before selling. Partience; and this thing ain't a knife just yet.

rlinger
------

Roger I agree we'd be better off to wait until after any article is published to sell the knife, but it might be a good idea to say something to the effect, "proceeds of the sale will be donated to..." Any you're right, we need to pick the right recipient.

I haven't done much homework on them so take this with a spoonful of salt but I kinda like these guys

Fallen Heros Last Wish Foundation

Maybe someone could start looking into charitable organizations we might make our donation to?

Okay, and that sounds fine with me. However, I believe it best I do not have much say in this part of our endevour. I only ask we do not consider big name, established, "so called" charities. You know; those that have made a living from them. I want to step aside from this part of it and let the rest of you who have better insight take the reins. If it goes to war effiort I can not think of a better end result. Just please stay away from established big entrenchments like Jerry's Kids, United Way, and the such and I will be happy. Let's just get the most bang for the buck. You guys figure it out. I will be proud of all this. I already am.

Dave, hell of a grind pal.

rlinger
------

Dang, Roger, I sure have missed you and the gang, too! I gotta agree, ol' Dave does a fine grind! I don't know what happened with the original idea of the funds going to a terminally ill hunter charity organization, but I agree with you guys on whatever you decide for the charity designation. Since 9/11 a lot has changed and new worthwhile charities have opened up, as we all well know. I don't like the idea of our knife funds going to the big name organizations, either. My vote, anything but the big charities. You guys rock!

Is the one Dave posted a big charity? If not; it sounds like a pretty good one.

I may have been a little too vocal in my recent post. I do like the idea of affording someone who could not otherwise swing a good hunt but I sure wouldn't know where to look for that man. Great if we can and great if it goes to another. I am not good at this picking stuff. Hell, Salvation Army is good with me and as big an organization I would feel comfortable with. So you see my spread; it goes from individual to the good big. I will not pitch a bitch (try not to) regardless. I am just not good at this part of the project. All I know is I want the MOSTEST we can get for this baby.

rlinger
------

Nope, you are not too vocal, Roger. I agree with you and think we need to decide where we are going with the funds after our knife is finished (or before).

Dan Koster,

For proper display in the case we will need the cert to read from the more narrow direction (the 8 inch wide direction). It would read in portrait style, not landscape. Okay?

Thanks.

rlinger
------

Dan K.,

Well now pop has decided to make the case wider than long. The knife will look better horizontal instead of longitudinal. SO, now its better to have the cert read landscape instead of portrait. Sorry.

rlinger
------

Hey Dan, there is something about that knife in the picture with your post. It reminds me of something I've seen before. Nice looking work.:thumbup:

rlinger
-----

Thanks, Roger. Just my spin on the WSK idea. :thumbup:

Back