Why did you choose the user name you chose?

Big Bob said:
My name's Bob and people sometimes called me "big guy", hence "Big Bob".

Bob

Well, I _guess_ that makes a certain kind of sense. ;)

All I can say is Thank God you're not 5' 1" and named Dick... :eek: :cool: :D

b]

If this has been done it's been quite a while back and I can't remember for sure, any of the other old timers recall? Yvsa

Dang, Yvsa, if I have to come up with something 'new' all the time I'm doomed. Besides, every two or three years the Statute of Limitations runs out and it is, "New" again.

>>>>>>>>

I picked munk because much of American culture is devoted to shallow cosmetic appearence and happy moronic squeaking.

Also, I'm not tough enough to pull off a "Buck Thorn" or Cougar Allen, and Mad Max was aready in use by the original and best.

(Mel Gibson must make another Max movie before he retires.)

munk

It was hung on me a long time ago and most people in my life know me as Nasty. Many of my best friends don't even know my legal name.

Mom and work don't count in this case...

I had used a couple of handles on the internet, nothing with any meaning to them. One day I sat down to 'make' a pseudonym to use, and 'Kazeryu' is what I came up with.

My original intent was for "Dragon's Wind" but I got the order inverted and ended up with "Wind Dragon" instead. By the time I noticed the error I was already attached to the name. PS - it's in japanese.

It was hung on me a long time ago and most people in my life know me as Nasty. Many of my best friends don't even know my legal name.
...........Nasty

I told the cops your real name.

munk

I used to go by RunningFox but an NDN guy I used to talk to online said one day I'd be able to stop running and then I'd be SilverFoxKnows. It's my only handle for message boards or email.

Frank

munk said:
...........Nasty

I told the cops your real name.

munk

I'm safe then...you don't know my real name.

I setup my acct at work, so speed was a factor. Although once setup I've spent countless work hours here doing research. Actually helped too because I learned about Kydex here and we now use it to make radomes for our antennas. The other factor is that it matched other accounts I already have, so its easy to remember. Maybe I'll change it to my pirate name?

Andy

My cousin and I were watching a Bruce Lee documentary. In one of his screen tests he introduces himself (He had a Hong Kong accent). "My name is Leee, Bruise Leee", he says. We laughed for quite awhile.

The avatar is a picture I drew in PC paint. As you can see, I don't make a living at art.

If I had to choose another username I might use Nostrildamus. Or maybe Munk should use that one. :rolleyes: ;) :)

Memories and birth year, and it was available.

Leased a Liquor Lisc and Facilities from May 84-May94
renamed it from the 'Tiki' to the Last Chance Saloon, thus LCS37.
The building was recently bulldozed by the city of Albuquerque for good reasons. See another post here somewhere about my experiences of 10 years in the Bar Business.

As I mentioned in an old thread, my Chinese name is 丹 DAN1 (red) 华 HUA2 (flower or China). I think it's easier for people to remember me as "Red flower". And I like red color too.

After 9/11, I looked into things a bit, & learned that Europe had a history of 1,000 years of resistance to Muslim invasion, beginning in the West with Charles Martel (the grandfather of Charlemagne) in the 700's halting the Muslim jihad from Africa/Spain, just outside Tours/Poitiers, France, continuing with 700 years of warfare by the Spanish to get their country back by 1492, & culminating in the East with the Polish king, Jan Sobieski, saving the Austrian/German arses by his "Relief of Vienna" on 9/12/1683, thereby bringing to an end centuries of Muslim invasions of Eastern Europe in search of slaves (!) & loot.
A particular quote stayed with me:
"At five p.m. Sobieski ordered the charge. One German-Austrian and three Polish cavalry groups, 20,000 men, charged down hill, echelon after echelon, lead by King Jan Sobieski, straight for the center of the Turkish camp. As the cavalry burst into the Turkish lines, the garrison in the city attacked the Turkish rear. The demoralized Turks and Tartars soon broke and ran, and the battle turned into a route. At half past five Sobieski entered the Grand Viziers tent and the siege of Vienna was broken. ..... Vienna had been delivered in the nick of time: earlier that same day the Turks had exploded mines that had given them access to the city."
(Sort of a real-life "Riders of Rohan" scenario).
Sooo, while I was feeling bad about 9/11, I learned that a bad day, 9/11, could be followed by a good day, 9/12 !

(We won't talk about the preliminary conquest of Turkey by the "religion of peace" in 1453 :mad: ) .

My name comes from my time in the Marines. (Surprized, huh?) :p

My avatar is how I see myself. I am not a sheeple. :)

Back