Why do I hate Cold Steel?

I couldn’t load these, I don’t have fb on my device, but thanks anyway! It made me realize there’s so much more I will never know!
Yea the pic support here isn't the best. You can do an open web search and find a lot of pics of custom handles for CS.

Since the link was already provided I thought you might like to see what a real handle does for the CS Hattori. I wish there was an easier way to load pics but this will have to do.

You are back to linking to this Product/Service FB site again. Like I said earlier, curious, now moving into suspicious. o_O

Yea the pic support here isn't the best. You can do an open web search and find a lot of pics of custom handles for CS.

Actually, it is. Put your pic on a free photohosting site like Imgur, include a link in your post....Bob's your uncle...pictures.

Without repeatedly linking to this Blade Rehandling service on FB that you are not promoting.

(M) Are you a moderator? Then feel free to remove links you don't like. Starting to wonder how you got to 25k posts, that seems curious to me.
The rules state that FB links are acceptable and I am only showing pics of my work, no where does it say I can't. Never mentioned anything for sale, and the link doesn't give viewers access to any other info.
Not used to sites that don't host pics, more work than it's worth just for show and tell. Links removed again, def not worth the hassle.
Bob is my uncle, how did you know?

Last edited:
(M) Are you a moderator? Then feel free to remove links you don't like. Starting to wonder how you got to 25k posts, that seems curious to me.
The rules state that FB links are acceptable and I am only showing pics of my work, no where does it say I can't. Never mentioned anything for sale, and the link doesn't give viewers access to any other info.
Not used to sites that don't host pics, more work than it's worth just for show and tell. Links removed again, def not worth the hassle.
Bob is my uncle, how did you know?

Don't worry man, Marcinek likes to run around and play a little bit as I found out earlier in one of my threads, just let him enjoy himself, you're not breaking any rules so all he can do is simmer. You're exactly right on how he got all those posts btw ;);)

I believe he holds the record for # posts reported. I’ve ignored him so many times I can’t unignore him anymore! As Mark Twain said, “Don’t argue with a fool, he will drag you to his level and beat you with experience.” Do not feed him by responding to one of his posts.

Last edited:
I believe he holds the record for # posts reported. I’ve ignored him so many times I can’t unignore him anymore! As Mark Twain said, “Don’t argue with a fool, he will drag you to his level and beat you with experience.” Do not feed him by responding to one of his posts.
Ok got ya, just ignore him. Easy Peazy.

Actually, it is. Put your pic on a free photohosting site like Imgur, include a link in your post....Bob's your uncle...pictures.

Without repeatedly linking to this Blade Rehandling service on FB that you are not promoting.

Marcinek, you going to be at BladeShow bud? I'll buy ya a beer, you seem absolutely fascinating from our few interactions on here, I'd love to meet you in person ;);)

Marcinek says what he means, not like a bunch of you beat around the bush types. He may not be 100% correct every time he types something but so what.

Marcinek says what he means, not like a bunch of you beat around the bush types. He may not be 100% correct every time he types something but so what.

Yeah he says what he means; he’s a middle school hall monitor. He reports every post he reads. He has nothing to say about anything except pointing out how others posts are either incorrect, inappropriate, or have typos. He whines like a princess. If by “beating around the bush” you mean civil, respectful, or manly then yes, he does none of that.

Just saw the thread and jumped back here to post my feelings about Cold Steel.
I don't hate Cold Steel but I'm not exactly crazy about there products. In general, I find their products a little large for my liking. Also, Lynn's marketing is also a turn off for me.

Here are the only three folding knives in their lineup that I would even consider and why I won't purchase them.

1. The Swift. I passed on buying one because it is assisted opening.
2. The Code 4 drop point. Passed on that because of the metal scales.
3. Full-size American Lawman. This is probably my favorite knife out of their whole line. I will never purchase it though because I don't have a need for it. Combine that with my desire to make a couple of minor changes on the knife right out of the box and it is just not worth my time to mess with it.

I don’t hate cold steel or their products. I have owned and appreciated their shovels, tomahawks, blowguns, throwing stars and machetes. Some are very practical, and some are just fun. I’ve never met Mr. Thompson, but I think I would enjoy meeting him. That doesn’t mean I agree with his opinions, business practices, or marketing strategy, but it seems to work for him. I want to own someday a sanmai trailmaster.

Personally I really like Cold Steel. They have really fun products and are one of the only companies out there that do that. They make the very best modern Navaja Bandolera and their large Bowies are just awesome.

I bought a Recon Tanto because it looks cool. Never going to use it but it's the only mall ninja product I own.

Just saw the thread and jumped back here to post my feelings about Cold Steel.
I don't hate Cold Steel but I'm not exactly crazy about there products. In general, I find their products a little large for my liking. Also, Lynn's marketing is also a turn off for me.

Here are the only three folding knives in their lineup that I would even consider and why I won't purchase them.

1. The Swift. I passed on buying one because it is assisted opening.
2. The Code 4 drop point. Passed on that because of the metal scales.
3. Full-size American Lawman. This is probably my favorite knife out of their whole line. I will never purchase it though because I don't have a need for it. Combine that with my desire to make a couple of minor changes on the knife right out of the box and it is just not worth my time to mess with it.

If the Code 4 had ti scales, OMG, take my money. I lucked out a bit imo and was able to pick up a serrated hold out and code for for around $50 total IIRC, they both got thrown in the hiking pack. I feel like if you can find some good sales on Cold Steel, they do make a really high quality product, regardless of what you think about the marketing/whatever.

Awww, we found another one of "those"
One of the rules here that is frequently enforced, and taken seriously by the Mods, is not posting about other users. This is a knife discussion forum. If you have a beef with another member, there is an area for you to have it out. That area is not here.

Thank you. I just dont like to see people attempting to promote their work as two parties in this thread have done at the expense of the members who pay for that privilege.

Don't like to see their support abused.

Now please continue the discussion about me personally. Scagel forbid we talk about knives or the site.

Back