Why do knife snobs hate Cold Steel??

Status
Not open for further replies.
well not a tempting offer, but I do have some carbon V and can make recon1:cool:, to bad it would be more work than it's worth

Yeah, I have to agree. How does one display a "left nut" on his living room or office mantle and tie it in with the rest of the decor? :barf:

Hope life's treating you well Andrew. I can't wait for my folder! :D

No, you are WRONG.
I owned one in Carbon V, black blade.
I know what I "had".
If you do not know the full history, that is ok, but it's not cool to say things you do not know, it makes you look foolish

No Zippy, you are wrong.

The Recon 1 released in 2001, made in Japan, and was made of AUS8A.

If you do not believe Ankerson or Andrew Demko, then perhaps you will believe Lynn Thompson on this matter. I was with him today, training him. After your rather snotty little response, I asked him,"Hey Lynn, correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't the Recon 1 always made of AUS8A?"

"Of course it was."

"Then, I have an ass to virtually kick..."

So, there.

No Zippy, you are wrong.

If you do not believe Ankerson or Andrew Demko, then perhaps you will believe Lynn Thompson on this matter. I was with him today, training him. After your rather snotty little response, I asked him,"Hey Lynn, correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't the Recon 1 always made of AUS8A?"

"Of course it was."

So, there.

Be careful when messing with a master of the art of waynejitsu man! :D

No Zippy, you are wrong.

"Of course it was."

So, there.

Be careful when messing with a master of the art of waynejitsu man! :D

Ouch! LOL.

Maybe it was a fake. An urban pal I bought turned out to be fake.

No Zippy, you are wrong.

"Of course it was."

So, there.

Love it!

All I know is, even though AUS8 isn't a 'cool' blade steel. I've had to sharpen mine ONCE since April and use my American Lawman a lot.

I'm beginning to get the feeling that, unlike the Sebbies all my friends carry, my 'grail' knife would simply be a Demko Custom version of the Lawman.

All I know is, even though AUS8 isn't a 'cool' blade steel. I've had to sharpen mine ONCE since April and use my American Lawman a lot.

I'm beginning to get the feeling that, unlike the Sebbies all my friends carry, my 'grail' knife would simply be a Demko Custom version of the Lawman.

A good choice. I believe the entry level AL goes for $460. I would venture to call it a Hinderer killer. I own and EDC a Demko custom version of the CS Large Espada. See vid. I can say without pride that it is the strongest folder I own, followed by a CS Spartan.

[youtube]Vbuz40nFZLw[/youtube]

[youtube]1cQuFvVoE78[/youtube]
(skip to 1:14)

A good choice. I believe the entry level AL goes for $460. I would venture to call it a Hinderer killer. I own and EDC a Demko custom version of the CS Large Espada. See vid. I can say without pride that it is the strongest folder I own, followed by a CS Spartan.

I have a Demko custom AL with Ti backspacer (raises the $bar$ a bit) en route but I don't get the Hinderer killer reference. My XM-24 has a 4" blade Ti framelock flipper, with standoffs so big they'd support my house.

The Demko is a mid-lockback. It's a completely different design and both are totally badass folders.

Which one would be intact if you put both of them in a safe and closed the door with a lit stick of dynamite is anyone's guess.

I tried to watch some of your new vids last night on your channel but I couldn't hear the sound with my speakers all the way up. Turn up the volume man! I'm ready for Rant #2 btw :thumbup:

Just a parting shot,I like the CS voyager series,esp. the clip point blades,but those plastic handles really suck IMHO.If they only would make them available,even at a higher price,with anodized aluminum handles,preferably smooth,I would consider them toip drawer.
I also have a pocket Bushman,a knife that although bought at a redidiculously low price on sale,really demands your full attention when opening or closeing,esp. the former. When in the open position it is a pretty good rough work knife.
In general I think most of their knives are overpriced exp. when on sale.:rolleyes:

"but I do have some carbon V and can make recon1, to bad it would be more work than it's worth "

Andrew, thanks, I was kidding in the vein of offering a sacrifice to something that's likely unavailable but I may PM you regarding a custom.
K

No Zippy, you are wrong.

"Of course it was."

So, there.

This reminds me of kindergarten where one kid say's something and automatically another say's "no you don't" just because he or she has never saw one or heard of one.
Carbon V was stamped on the blade, it came from their Special Projects line (if I remember that correctly). You usually remember something you carry for a year, LOL!!
As far as fat lynn, (I just can't imagine him "training", LOL!!! Did you guy's do any ground work? Was it like riding a turtle, ROTFLMAO!!!
Anyhow, just goes to PROVE what I have been saying all along, they change to whatever steel they can get cheapest at the time and that is the new CS "wonder steel".
So, what about a 440A Recon-1..., remember that one or do you only remember the most common?
440A, c'mon..., what an embarrassment. Ya know what, the advertisement was basically the same for all the steels- "this is the best steel for this knife", no matter their steel, it is "the best"..., reminds me of kindergarten again, lOL!!

This reminds me of kindergarten where one kid say's something and automatically another say's "no you don't" just because he or she has never saw one or heard of one.
Carbon V was stamped on the blade, it came from their Special Projects line (if I remember that correctly). You usually remember something you carry for a year, LOL!!
As far as fat lynn, (I just can't imagine him "training", LOL!!! Did you guy's do any ground work? Was it like riding a turtle, ROTFLMAO!!!
Anyhow, just goes to PROVE what I have been saying all along, they change to whatever steel they can get cheapest at the time and that is the new CS "wonder steel".
So, what about a 440A Recon-1..., remember that one or do you only remember the most common?
440A, c'mon..., what an embarrassment. Ya know what, the advertisement was basically the same for all the steels- "this is the best steel for this knife", no matter their steel, it is "the best"..., reminds me of kindergarten again, lOL!!

The Recon 1 was always AUS-8A, I know because I have all 3 versions.

The 1st ones were made in Japan, then the last 2 in Taiwan.

Like I just said...
"This reminds me of kindergarten where one kid say's something and automatically another say's "no you don't" just because he or she has never saw one or heard of one."

Like I just said...
"This reminds me of kindergarten where one kid say's something and automatically another say's "no you don't" just because he or she has never saw one or heard of one."

I am telling you it doesn't exist in any steel except AUS-8A and never did.

Like I just said...

Pics then? Let's have some evidence before this thread spirals out of control (like far too many CS threads before it) and it gets locked. :eek:

Special Projects is the name on all of their catalogs dude. I think the CEO of the company knows what he's talking about?? The Special Projects catalog might have had a typo in it? Maybe.

As far as Fat Lynn, there's no reason for that crap waynejitsu. You talk about groundwork and hve "jitsu" in your username. You sound like some of the punk a** grappling students at my friend's school (Gracie Jiu Jitsu), who have a "few" skills then think they're bad a** and go around half-cocked, until one of the brown belts or black belts get out on the floor and crush their dumb a**es and maybe humiliate them to boot, if they have a history of going too rough on new students and whatnot.

Fat Lynn could probably kick the snot out of you, I've watched his training videos for too long. And you Waynewhatever do not conduct yourself like a martial artist but like a punk, and not just in this thread but in a few others where you've made an a** out yourself with your childish behavior.

If you're a martial arts practitioner then please turn it down a few notches, it's guys like you that make real martial artists look bad. :rolleyes:

</rant>

I am telling you it doesn't exist in any steel except AUS-8A and never did.

Example-
Here is the scene of an accident.
Does the police get a statement from the eye witnesses or does he take the word of someone who was not there and did not see the accident at all?
An eye witness is legally NOT the best evidence, but it sure beats the heck out of getting any evidence from someone who never saw it.

Same thing here, you NEVER saw one so you can say it never existed. I had made posts about it when I had it, which can still be found on the web and a review of the knife is also on the web. While you are reviewing a product, let's say..., a knife, you know the steel it is made of.

Now..., you want to see it. Like I said in past posts, I SOLD or TRADED it already. Looks like I should have kept it, but that is too late.

Now- Let's get BACK ON SUBJECT, how about that for a novel idea.

For arguments sake, let's say I never even owned a Recon-1..., how about that, does that make you happy?

End of story and we are now back on original content:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back