Winner...And Still Heavyweight Champion...The Venerable Buck 110

Showing a 111 because they are so similar, in size and weight. Really just a variation.

Top- G10 handles, BG-42 designers choice blade

Middle- Buckeye handles, BG-42 stonewashed blade

Bottom- 111 with Ion Fusion blade

PICT0239copy.jpg

I had one before.I remember the literature that came with it mentioned the convex ridge along the edge. Made it even stronger or a different cut or something.

Well, I got one, although its nothing special, just current production.. so no pic

I can't bring myself to carry it, its too heavy for pockets, and one of the main reasons I went to folders was eliminating belt sheaths... I keep meaning to toss it in the 4x4 glove box though.

Wonderful knife, just not my cup o' tea since lockers and i disagree in use a lot.

I've used it a bit, testing it out, Nice knife, great design, handles well, and that heft gives that 'solid' feel, not too heavy in hand most of the time. I was amazed, I'd never handled a lockback that opened sooooo smoothly before.. it glides open so swift and nice, and no drag just before locking. Nor seen one that locks so damned solidly!

G.

There's a Buck 55 out there for 110 fans that want something in the pocket. Bolsters ar a bit different.
55.jpg

I'm also fond of the 110. I also EDC one on my belt 90% of the time, it's an AG rosewood that is the best deer camp knife I have ever used.

jb4570

I never get tired of reading about the 110. When we lived in Montana in the early/mid 80's, everyone who worked outside - rangers, loggers, hunters, ranchers . . . everyone - had a 110 or a clone thereof. The log mill in our valley had a machinist who did their equipment maintenance & sharpening, and he would drill a lanyard hole through the rear of the knife for anyone who wanted it. The loggers would tell you your 110 (or 110-type) wasn't broken in properly until you dropped from 70'-80' up in a tree.

I've only bought one 110 so far, since I have five Schrade OT and LB types. My 110 came from an antique shop locally; I think it was made in '93, with 425-hc steel, or something like that.

thx - cpr

Little anniverery party:D

Well used 100th anniversery edition top
Al Buck Founders edition middle
Cousin 111 was invited to the party too

004-1.jpg

Sorry I'm a lousy photographer

Back