Winner...And Still Heavyweight Champion...The Venerable Buck 110

yes knife was made in california... the factory is in post falls now---if ya read more of joes coas you will see and understand that is how he writes them out....
purdy much straight forward nothing confusing about them...
"... knife was made in Buck's Post Falls, Idaho plant..." according to the letter.
That's what I find confusing, since it is a 2 dot.
Did Buck open the Post Falls plant in the 70's or 80's and produced the 110 and possibly other models there before 2005?
A typo in the letter?

"... knife was made in Buck's Post Falls, Idaho plant..." according to the letter.
That's what I find confusing, since it is a 2 dot.
Did Buck open the Post Falls plant in the 70's or 80's and produced the 110 and possibly other models there before 2005?
A typo in the letter?
sometimes old stock is used to make a knife. when they moved they brought stock and inventory with them. I dont know on this one for sure, but a guess.....maybe it was made in Idaho with an old stock knife blank.......dont over think it. Joe H. said what it is and where...thats good enough.

Everything about the knife screams 1970s California - 440C, 2 dot blade, square frame, Segua wood handles. The Post Falls reference got my attention too. Cool knife!

Interesting subject.
Only Joe Houser knows the answer to all this.

For now it is what it is, a cool knife with a cool story :cool:

I’m sure the Post Falls was a typo, I’ve done that at times as I’m used to typing something that is used frequently just out of habit. Joes note was in 7/2000 so it had to be before Post Falls factory existed.

Edit That’s a really cool knife to have in any collection !

i just emailed joe and this is what he told me "its really supposed to say "of post falls" not in post falls. thats how i worded every coa but missed it on this one. i can change it" and i will pick up new coa next time i go to visit him.....

mystery solved????

Wait a minute. Al passed in 1991 and Chuck passed in 2015. If this was Al's personal knife, how could it have been made in Post Falls when the relocation took place 13 years after his death?
yep was just thinking and checking that....saw 1991....typo....has to be.

Ten years in age between the two.

V3v4_V5v9.jpg

Last edited:
Back