Winter kith?

So who do I gotta pay to get the knife I want? Lol, on another note my is pretty much done. Gotta do a little finish sanding tonight. Will post some pictures later!

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

Well fellows, good, bad or indifferent, it's finished. Not perfect by any stretch and if it does not pass muster, I'll sit this one out. Thanks, it was a fun project.

kith2 by Mi Co, on Flickr
kith3 by Mi Co, on Flickr

To answer some questions, yes that is the only pin. I wanted to put a thong tube in the rear as additional support/function, but didn't do it once I noticed the scale had popped. I was hoping for the "bolster" to look clean and was worried pins in it wouldn't look good. Should have done blind hole pins I guess.

Warren, if you want this knife that's ok with me. My plan was to finish the knife and a sheath tonight before midnight. I'll leave the knife just as is like you stated. I will still do the sheath and have it ready for you. Thanks.

Perfect!

Knife and sheath are done now.

I hope everyone is right handed!

Leif Lambertson

I'd be proud to receive anything people have posted so far. Really excellent work everyone.

Well fellows, good, bad or indifferent, it's finished. Not perfect by any stretch and if it does not pass muster, I'll sit this one out. Thanks, it was a fun project.

kith2 by Mi Co, on Flickr
kith3 by Mi Co, on Flickr
Looks really good, love deep grinds like that. What do you use for your makers mark, very clean.

Knife and sheath are done now.

I hope everyone is right handed!

Leif Lambertson

Man I love to see people do drastic tang tapers like that. Looks really nice, good job.

I suck at trying to take pictures but here is my knife. I can now say that I will probably never use ivory micarta again. Such a pain to work with and keep clean.
6980bb4b5f9659dc87f8a4633987718b.jpg

I suck at trying to take pictures but here is my knife. I can now say that I will probably never use ivory micarta again. Such a pain to work with and keep clean.

Nice profile. Very sharp fingerish.

It's a pain to work, but man it looks good when done. I've done a few in ivory micarta and love the end result. :thumbup:

Ok, we have out 14 finished knives. I'll start a new thread after I do the draw this morning. If you haven't e-mailed me your address, please do so asap. My email is wjkrywko @ gmail . com. (No spaces obviously.)

Ok, we have out 14 finished knives. I'll start a new thread after I do the draw this morning. If you haven't e-mailed me your address, please do so asap. My email is wjkrywko @ gmail . com. (No spaces obviously.)

Willie,

If you are going off the 14 names on the first page with "complete" next to them, I think I am listed 2x. Unless you want me to send and receive 2. ( that might actually work out for me...:eek:

Willie,

If you are going off the 14 names on the first page with "complete" next to them, I think I am listed 2x. Unless you want me to send and receive 2. ( that might actually work out for me...:eek:

Yup. I'm dyslexic. My wife checked the list and found that mistake. She did the random draw for me, with the one rigged vote for me to get the knife with the separated scales. I'm starting a new thread for the guys who finished.

Ok guys sorry to disappear on you for this kith but I ended up in the hospital with a Herniated disk and severe nerve pain down my left leg that kept me out of the shop for a while. Along with recovery I had to make some important life choices regarding my career choice that probably leed me here at the ripe old age of 37. I hope to be back in the shop and improving my knife making skills soon.

Sent from my GT-I9301I using Tapatalk

Back