Woods Bladeworks TiTAN PRE-ORDER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ladies and gentlemen.... I bring you Titentacles!!! :p
I sent my Titan back to Will for a bit of a spa treatment and while it was there I had an idea. I wanted something to make the knife individual to me, and it's called the Titan which often makes me think of the Kraken so I asked Will if he could draw up some tentacles and laser etch them onto the handle scale. Will was most accommodating and hooked me up. I love how the tentacles are rising from the depths out of Will's logo. Will's level of commitment and caring is truly second to none. Thanks again man!! Oh, and I'm sorry I only have my old school phone cam for these pics - doesn't do the knife justice. Cheers.
Titenatacles1.jpgTitentacles2.jpg

Ladies and gentlemen.... I bring you Titentacles!!! :p
I sent my Titan back to Will for a bit of a spa treatment and while it was there I had an idea. I wanted something to make the knife individual to me, and it's called the Titan which often makes me think of the Kraken so I asked Will if he could draw up some tentacles and laser etch them onto the handle scale. Will was most accommodating and hooked me up. I love how the tentacles are rising from the depths out of Will's logo. Will's level of commitment and caring is truly second to none. Thanks again man!! Oh, and I'm sorry I only have my old school phone cam for these pics - doesn't do the knife justice. Cheers.
View attachment 334602View attachment 334603
gawddamn that thing is sexy!

WW -- Checking this every day...what do you estimate is the time frame on pre-orders? Thanks!

WW -- Checking this every day...what do you estimate is the time frame on pre-orders? Thanks!

Getting the shop ready now. Built a new MASSIVE 15 Gallon barrel tumbler with SS media. Updating a few jigs. When I'm ready to accept pre-orders you will know.

Really excited about this next round of TiTAN's. Fingers crossed that its a big run of 50

Really excited about this next round of TiTAN's. Fingers crossed that its a big run of 50

Good news guys! I'm moving to Atlanta next month to start a new day job running a CNC making custom guns. Great thing is my new boss is super excited about my knives and has given me the go ahead to use the CNC for the next run of TiTANs. That means tighter tolerances, cool 3D patterns on the ti handles, and bigger runs!

Also I have been chatting with Jake Hoback about his new HRD system. If your not familiar with the Hoback Roller Detent system it's a replacement for the regular pressed in ball detent on a folder. Regular detent balls drag and make friction. The HRD is a user adjustable hex screw that contains a rolling floating ball detent. This makes for a much smoother knife. I finally got to hold one of Jake's folders and WOW. Night and day.

TiTAN 2.0 and all other Woods Bladeworks folders will be including Jake's HRD system. Full 100% bearing folder! I'm so excited.

[video=youtube;imlppF4q2i0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imlppF4q2i0[/video]

Wow that's great news! Hoback's knives are crazy smooth and the idea of a TiTAN with the HRD system is a little frightening. Congrats on the new job Will!

Last edited:
I last heard from him on the 10th. My TiTan has been in the spa for a few months and was supposed to have been shipped back to me last Monday. I haven't seen it or heard from him again. I hope it shipped. I imagine he is super busy with the move and new job and we'll hear from him again once he's settled in.

I'm not dead! lol Just insanely busy. Yes Oregon your knife went out with insurance you will have her in your hands by the end of the week. I'll send you a few pictures to tide you over till then! :)

Sorry I haven't chimed in here. I've been to busy playing with my newly refinished knife and wanted to get pictures up but just haven't had time. I've fallen totally in love with this thing again and it kicked a knife out of my pocket that stuck as my EDC like it was glued there. The knew rubbed satin blade looks amazing with the flipper still stonewashed. This thing is a beast and I love it. I'm looking forward to all of the new projects planned and excited to see what a CNC will allow. I'll still try and get pictures up, but I didn't want anyone to think my absence after the last few posts was anything other than a total love for the TiTAN after it returned from the spa.

UGH... Vet bills had me selling off a few knives and unfortunately my "Tentacled" Titan was one of them. I didn't even get to carry it. Will my good man, please keep me posted on future developments - especially if you move ahead with your smaller version. Oh well, at least I sold it to a true lover of big ass knives. Lol.

UGH... Vet bills had me selling off a few knives and unfortunately my "Tentacled" Titan was one of them. I didn't even get to carry it. Will my good man, please keep me posted on future developments - especially if you move ahead with your smaller version. Oh well, at least I sold it to a true lover of big ass knives. Lol.

damn that sucks!

WW -- All settled in Atlanta now? New job okay? Any word on the 2.0s?

Well things got complicated. My new boss was excited when he got to handle some of the new knife designs I have cooking. He wanted me to start work right away on designing and building a prototype folder for the company. Last week he calls me and wants me to sign some papers at the office. Most of it was standard new employment stuff except for a non-compete contract he drew up. He wanted me to sign a 10 year non-compete for both gun designs AND knife designs!

Not cool.

I haven't worked this hard and come this far to be locked out of the thing I love for 7 years. He tried to justify it saying anything I created prior to our professional relationship would have to be added to an "exemptions" list. I only considered this new job because he assured me that weekends and nights I would have to R&D new designs for my knives. It appears he's backing out on that deal. Too bad.

I was prepared for that possibility so it wont set me back seriously. Just time. I hate wasting time. Well that's the update.

I go to BLADE in 2 weeks and then TiTAN 2.0 will start right after I get back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back