Woods Bladeworks TiTAN PRE-ORDER

Status
Not open for further replies.
any teasers on the upgrades from the TiTan 1.0 to 2.0?

OK maybe a few teasers...

I'm working on a new type of stainless bearing cages for 2.0. Also trying to cut the weight to 12oz without sacrificing the massive feel of TiTAN 1.0. Pocket clip will be re designed and much more functional with tip down option. Moving to a tough stainless steel like S35VN or similar stainless. Adding a lockbar stabilizer and adding texturing options to the titanium slabs.

Oh and there will be a few VERY special editions with Damascus stainless and Moku-Ti (Laminated titanium) from Chad Nichols.

Oh my.....:D Looks like the New Year is starting out right. I'm in!!

So many changes for 2.0 happening now. Gonna be using the fancy new GTC stainless heavy bearing system. Solving the closed "flex" problem by eliminating the thumb stop and using a huge oversized stainless internal pin that will halt blade on open and close. No more flex from the lock bar. Trying to source wicked new ALL titanium standoffs possibly even a few back spacers of Moku-Ti. Also offering harpoon wharncliffe blade. This will be EPIC!

Hope you decide to offer another blade shape too :D Either way I'll be watching the madness! ;]

What do we need to do to get in on the Titan 2? Just say we are in? Or will there be a more formal sign up at some point? Or is that all still to be decided?

I hope i make it in this round. I really want this version 2 even more.

WW -- Any chance you could let the version 1 buyers get on the list right now? We'd hate to miss it.

WW -- Any chance you could let the version 1 buyers get on the list right now? We'd hate to miss it.

It depends on how many I will make this time. I will make at least 15 but depending on material costs might expand the run to 50. Either way TiTAN 1 owners will get first dibs. I'll let you guys know when the pre order starts.

I'm having a billet of twist Damascus .230" made for me right now... Moku-Ti/Timascus is looking to be too cost prohibitive to do the entire handle (like $450 in raw material for ONE knife). I'll probably do Timascus pocket clips though. :)

Specs on TiTAN 2.0 are getting more final. Gonna be using the GTC stainless bearing system this go around. Here is a sneak peek for the fans... this is NOT FINAL. Just a design in progress.

titan2_zps37045f86.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back