Xmas is over, no more presents to buy, what's the next knife your buying yourself?

Monday I asked about what knife you were buying with your Xmas gift cards, this is about what knife your buying yourself now that Xmas is over and you don't have to be Santa for another 10 months.

I'm making two purchases soon- first I have a layaway on a benchmade 480-1 Shoki that I'm either gonna pay off or switch to a GB Air (which costs about the same as what I've already paid so it would only cost me about $15 out of pocket). I love the Shoki but the more research I do the more worried I get about getting one with issues and its not like I can just exchange it that's why I'm now thinkin about switching to the Air.

As far as my next EDC, well I've been waiting till after Xmas to pick up a Caly 3.5 ZDP for months now so I'll be buying the next one of them I see at a good price.

I did a lot of knife accumulating last year, more than I needed. This year I think will be for right-sizing the collection to something more reasonable. More selling or gifting than buying. More focus on carrying, using, and maintaining what I already have.

Not to say I won't pass up a great bargain in the Exchange section now and then. ;)

I was going to make a New Year's resolution to not buy any knives in 2014.

Then I heard about the new FFG Manix 2 coming out. So that is one I'm getting for sure. I have a Mini Manix and love it.

I need a new sharpening system before anything else.

1+

I'll own a wicked edge by the end of January, thanks grandma, mom, dad, uncle, and aunt, hand written thank you cards coming your way!

I ordered a 940 last night, sooner state knives still has the old prices FYI....

Looking for a Strider SNG to buy
Not sure if I want Lego or CC though

I have a custom dagger on order. After that I will pick up a Boker Kwaiken Flipper and try and trade into an SNG. After that -and I hate to say it- but I might be done. For the foreseeable future anyways.

I need a new sharpening system before anything else.

I had some extra amazon credit left over so I picked up a set of diamond and extra-fine rods for my SM, For Xmas I got a paper wheel system along with a second grinder to put it on so I don't have to switch the different wheels out on my main grinder/polishing wheels.

What system are you thinking about?

I'll be saving for a while but when the time is right, I will look into a PM2 or something in that price range.

A few. I got a red Skyline off the Exchange, I have a BM Mini Onslaught in the mail from a trade, and I'm going to the Post Office sometime in the next few days to send an MO for my old Adamas :D

Also, I'm trading my Mini Grip for a single spear GEC Ebony Boy's Knife!

I made the foolish mistake of selling off my contego when I picked up a military. Now I realize there's room for both of them in the rotation. The m390 version is calling to me.

I'm going to try and keep it to 4 knives this year . First up is the GSO 4.1 . Hopefully I can trade some for what I want and don't have to buy them ;).

I want to buy knives, but right now just going to scramble and save up money for when custom orders come up sooner than expected.

It's already on order. I took advantage last night of a certain online knife store's 20% off sale and ordered a Spyderco Hungarian.

LOL ... there are so many out there ;)

But really affordable in case of money will be

- Cold Steel American Lawman
- Spyderco Stretch
- BM Mini Griptilian
- GEC # 15 Radio Knife (or #92 Eureka Jack)

... and that´s what it has been, so far

I've been looking at Cold Steel knives lately so I think I'm gonna get a Voyager XL and an American Lawman. I've been eyeballing the Spyderco Military ever since I handled one at a gun show, but it's expensive and I could get three nice Cold Steels for that much.

Back