Xmas is over, no more presents to buy, what's the next knife your buying yourself?

I was considering the M390 Contego from Knifeworks.

But...

We got the kids an xbox 360 for Christmas and I just heard about this Rocksmith game. Now I'm contemplating the Contego or a beginner electric guitar and this game. They're about the same price.

Decisions decisions...

I was considering the M390 Contego from Knifeworks.

But...

We got the kids an xbox 360 for Christmas and I just heard about this Rocksmith game. Now I'm contemplating the Contego or a beginner electric guitar and this game. They're about the same price.

Decisions decisions...

Nuts to either or! Buy the Contego and the game and save for a better guitar!

I got a sng inbound if I like that next is a smf tiger or ghost stripes and or a pt

I had all intentions to hold off on any purchases until at least post tax season but made two impulse purchases a few days ago.

Para 2 and a zdp delica 4 with blue scales. I've been wanting both for quite sometime and have been waiting out for para 2 prices to fall.

Still want a benchmade 960 in a color other than red and want to pick up another 943.

I'm sure GEC will come out with some must have knives in the next month as well.

Boker kwaiken titanium flipper. Looks to be a nice little edc. I was going to get one of the regular kwaikens and mod it but I had emailed lucas about 6 months ago asking why he never had designed it as a flipper model when his customs were and he was kind enough to tip me off to holding out. He said it would be exactly what I was hoping for and he didnt disappoint. Should be here tomorrow.

Like others here I did a lot of knife accumulating in 2013, more than I should have. I don't have any strong wants but I do have a number of knives that I'm eyeing a little bit:
Spyderco Starmate
Spyderco Delica
Spyderco Stretch
Spyderco Para2 digicam (for a RIT dye project)
Kershaw Cryo II, Scrambler, or ZT 0566

I've heard rumors of a Ti Para2- that would be a must-have unless it is priced too high.
Also any new Mule Team that is released would be a must-have.

Last december i bought an ESEE 5 and a ZT 550 and got a Boker import lockback and a CS Mackinac hunter as x-mas gifts. Got the ESEE and ZT at substantial discounts saved about $100 total off the collective price. However In the past 12 months i completely slacked off, all i bought was a Leatherman Wingman and a used Spyderco Salt 1, spent about $60 total in the 12 months.
However this week i just order 3 knives Spyderco/CS/Condor , might order another 2 before New Years. In the next year my wishlist includes a Svord Von Tempsky Bowie, ESEE Junglas and a ZT 0566. Was looking at a Starmate but i've read about quality control issues so i'm having second thoughts.If i buy the Svord and/or the ESEE it won't be bought til at least after April. The only one i'm guaranteed to buy in the next 6 months is the ZT. I'm figuring i can afford to a buy one new knife every 4-6 months. I'm pretty happy with my collection so i'm looking to concentrate more on quality over quantity. Probably going to go gold here soon and possibly sell some stuff off.

My plan is not to buy any knives, and save for a Brian Tighe, Tighe Rade.

I'm gonna place an order from Khukuri House. Haven't decided which ones, there's like 2 dozen things I want there. Almost certain I'll be getting a 3 Chirra(The Beast) and their Chukuri Plus, but I'll probably add one more to my order...just gotta decide which.

I have a couple on order. A sodbuster style fixed blade by Gene Ingram, and a Viking sax, 10 inches of 350 layer pattern welded goodness. :D

Probably a Domino. After that i think I'll be set on folders for awhile. Then I'm thinking a few fixed blades, mostly off the knifemakers market and maybe one or two production fb that i want. But mainly that darn Domino.

I know I own a lifetime's amount of knives, but that doesn't stop me from looking. As far as something new, I'll know it when I see it. I need inspiration. I like to be a little spontaneous.

Just bought 2 handmade/custom fixed blades and am done. Yep DONE. I have had so many different iterations of folders and fixed blades over the years it ain't funny. Dug out of my gun cabinet an old Keith Coleman camp knife that is nuclear. I have a TM in 01 which seems to me to be about the bowie I've owned and I've owned alot of those. Also bought a cheap COAST FX350 I think it is called. Looked it all over, carried it, used it, sharpened it and used it a bit more and ya know what, it is as good functionally as any frame lock I've owned, and again I've owned a lot of them. I kid you not. The build quality is excellent and for 26 bucks you can't do any better. So I says to myself, I am able to officially retire in Feb. Don't have a pension or anything and to young for s.s. yet but we've done a decent enough job of putting dough away. So the bottom line is I am looking at this COAST frame lock, how well it is made how I can if I want to retire and I think yea this could be my last folder and wouldn't regret it one minute. So that's it. I will sell a few off in my collection and keep a few but I can actually see me being done collecting/selling/trading knives for a good long while, who knows. I mean lets be real here how many actually use a folder for anything other than opening the ocassional box etc or envelope. If I am at our camp I ALWAYS use a fixed blade or an axe for wood splitting or filleting fish. So there ya go. Keepem sharp

PS look on You tube at the COAST frame lock. Uses actual G10 that is nicely textured. I was bummed and happy at the same time. Very well made and it will do everything I need a folder to do.

Back