"Your" Best Flipper?

Gotta say again, super cool seeing all these different knives that people consider to be their best flipper.

There can be only one ;)
lYJIt3xJulrG6HAVAKJOECBPFuiNbJ-SKwxGSIUhFEcaAFUs1amZvDoWATtSrdhxq_Yb6aeYReDxDMiiC7e_WlsJ2_nY4bag2mTDAI-ZXqvoBultne5rUVP_nttnCJYTGhXUC2lfEkWDkT9FZgVu1JjpH9Btdb7Wclq3klP404bmREqYwXgDRlK0rqI7uVJakFM4fN0CFHcTmQ2_bAstGaEEIUFLjlQ91b9H6BPXHgz54UdTAy-RMDgn0NSBKNU48fN5wRzRYVq4qh4S73erxDds0AnUrCl6ESgK1qXLEk7hr0kfp10bWZ4ml-imrFVS7rqvfjcu9ni4sst3CJHG1C2CEEu43xvqTQhdggM8NqzBbDXi9SehkXgC7BE6IJGByz3kIepP62mZYgMo5xTwYf6CI20aBSAVoNlKzLb-MmlDTA1DRRxJvta3anEQ_8JAlBIUotekhYnOSqHlqNsBe3mq-6oS7Jfi3Lhtfbtoms1iuT5AEeQw_fEPxN1NI1OPta0v083eE45sLT-U3NFOrSIeQtdoHhqCmDBUSXJCmhgpbYUo1-Ncz2f_RwTHMsRum2Ok-TX_T4_CkDrMUKtzmjH_6qyNT9vOis_yry8cMjCEj2g4HosJnOzMuTfWAyZmnpAglWd1kx1yMKxjbcdSRDwh=w1470-h981-no

For any flipper it is the Freeman 451 for sure. For a frame lock flipper I would have to go Koenig Arius. They can't get much smoother than these 2!

I've handled the 451 Freeman and agree, it's an amazing flipper. Just wish it was smaller and lighter. That's the only reason I don't own one. Sounds like he's actually working on a small version now finally. I really hope it come to fruition.

Last edited:
Zt452 with ceramic bearings. I'm not big on flippers, but this one is really nice.

All of my WE flipper knives are just about perfect. The best I have are the WE 705, 604, WE/Ferrum Forge Buc and We/Laconico Keen. My ZT 0456 has a near perfect flipping action as well.

You all gonna laugh but my son tells me this is my smoothest flipper and I have to agree. I picked it up at my first Knife/Gun show for $20 bucks, It's a Browning 0033 and I over paid for it but it has such a satisfying click when it opens and has a buttery smooth drop shut close. Problem is that it will fail on a light spine tap every time so it sits next to my pc to be used for fidget purposes only.
Quiezic.jpg

I've handled the 451 Freeman and agree, it's an amazing flipper. Just wish it was smaller and lighter. That's the only reason I don't own one. Sounds like he's actually working on a small version now finally. I really hope it come to fruition.
This. I would own 451 mini instantly.

As for my favorite of what I do own, I don’t have a favorite really because there is something about all of em that I don’t prefer so they all are equal. All good but none stand out for one reason or another. Some too strong a detent, some too weak, some with forward angled flipper that’s uncomfortable, some not enough jimping so finger slips off sometimes, some gritty action, etc. My favorite flipper I used to won was the CKF Morff.

Last edited:
I have to assume, based on the responses thus far, that most people simply haven't ever handled a Kershaw R.A.M.

Shirogorov F3 & F95, and Curtis Large F3. Hinderer Half Track not far behind.

We made it all the way to page 3 before anyone mentioned the Freeman 451. But that's my vote. Bigger than what I usually carry around town, but what a flipper! I'm on the list for a Skaha. Hopefully it'll live up to what I've read.

This. I would own 451 mini instantly.

As for my favorite of what I do own, I don’t have a favorite really because there is something about all of em that I don’t prefer so they all are equal. All good but none stand out for one reason or another. Some too strong a detent, some too weak, some with forward angled flipper that’s uncomfortable, some not enough jimping so finger slips off sometimes, some gritty action, etc. My favorite flipper I used to won was the CKF Morff.

Can't remember where but I read fairly recently he really is working on a smaller version. The only other negative I had about the 451 was the blade geometry. Crazy thick behind the edge wedge like blade. Great for heavy use which matches the size and build of the 451 but not so much for my typical EDC. Hopefully the smaller version with have a "slicier" blade?

Back