Your best knife pic of the week!

gBbNp8V.jpg

I don't think so, I think it's just a clearing. Honestly, I can't say for sure though, as it was my first time up there and we were pretty much in the clouds with breaks here and there for views.

I have seen some people ski in some pretty crazy places out there though. In the pic below, it was a good 5 mile hike up to the lake, and to my surprise there were people actually hiking up the pass on the right and skiing down.

6UVyA5g.jpg

P90C60O.jpg
That's some lens you've got there. First time around I didn't notice the snowboarders in the bottom shot. Hell of a hike out there AND up!

That's some lens you've got there. First time around I didn't notice the snowboarders in the bottom shot. Hell of a hike out there AND up!

Yea, those guys are insane. You get up there thinking thinking you've done something completing such a tough hike and then you see those maniacs. I honestly couldn't believe my eyes for a minute.

As for the shot, I'm thoroughly impressed with the zoom on this little camera. I'm actually just shooting with a point-and-shoot Sony RX100 (mark7). That zoom comes in particularly handy for wildlife shots.

Yea, those guys are insane. You get up there thinking thinking you've done something completing such a tough hike and then you see those maniacs. I honestly couldn't believe my eyes for a minute.

As for the shot, I'm thoroughly impressed with the zoom on this little camera. I'm actually just shooting with a point-and-shoot Sony RX100 (mark7). That zoom comes in particularly handy for wildlife shots.
Wow, technology these days. I guess the lens on my phone ain't to shabby. Beautiful spot.

Well, seeing as how today is the Marine Corps birthday, how about this one? It's not mine, but my son's, taken about 17 years ago, before he was killed in Iraq. He had a good eye and a cheap Canon A-60 camera.
View attachment 1452637

He also took this:
View attachment 1452639

You get my vote for best of the week.I share a birthday with the Marine Corps and I agree your son had a great eye for letting simplicity stand out!! Thanks for sharing your thoughts and his pics with us!!
James

Back