Your COVID19 responses (projects you’re doing), let’s see ‘em, and mine (86 splitback whittler mod)

Finally have time to try to learn to play the dulcimer :D

7IbmnZr.jpg

Love seeing what everyone's projects are. I've put this one off quite a while. We've been in the middle of a livingroom renovation for about 12 months now. Last fall we put in a fireplace, and my wife and I did all the stonework. But we never got around to grouting all the seams. We finally tackled the project last weekend. The only thing left is to wash some of the mortar off the stone faces, then I can finally check this project off my list. Still have the floor, stairway, ceiling beams, and trim to go. ughIMG_8801-lo.jpg

Love seeing what everyone's projects are. I've put this one off quite a while. We've been in the middle of a livingroom renovation for about 12 months now. Last fall we put in a fireplace, and my wife and I did all the stonework. But we never got around to grouting all the seams. We finally tackled the project last weekend. The only thing left is to wash some of the mortar off the stone faces, then I can finally check this project off my list. Still have the floor, stairway, ceiling beams, and trim to go. ughView attachment 1318497
The fireplace looks great. :cool::thumbsup:

So here is another attempt at making an unconventionally shaped molded clamshell slip sheath. I feel like my stitching is cleaner, edges are cleaner, and the distressed look i was going for turned out perfectly.
However, I slipped with the stitch groover...Son of a...lol.
Im having fun, and very happy with how this turned out, and how plush it feels. :)
Plus! It slides in my pocket ever so nicely beside my wallet...cant even tell its there. :D
CCC7B465-955C-4E2E-AF04-F015A253AA0A.jpeg
DDC7AD0F-6CAE-4F7F-9EEF-871C7E28A0A8.jpeg

So here is another attempt at making an unconventionally shaped molded clamshell slip sheath. I feel like my stitching is cleaner, edges are cleaner, and the distressed look i was going for turned out perfectly.
Im having fun, and very happy with how this turned out, and how plush it feels. :)
Plus! It slides in my pocket ever so nicely beside my wallet...cant even tell its there. :D
View attachment 1318546
View attachment 1318547
Nice. :cool::thumbsup:

View attachment 1318546
View attachment 1318547
That looks awesome. Could you share how you achieved the distressed look

Love seeing what everyone's projects are. I've put this one off quite a while. We've been in the middle of a livingroom renovation for about 12 months now. Last fall we put in a fireplace, and my wife and I did all the stonework. But we never got around to grouting all the seams. We finally tackled the project last weekend. The only thing left is to wash some of the mortar off the stone faces, then I can finally check this project off my list. Still have the floor, stairway, ceiling beams, and trim to go. ughView attachment 1318497

Looks awesome to me!

That came out great!:thumbsup:

View attachment 1318546
View attachment 1318547
I like the looks of that!:cool:
Finally have time to try to learn to play the dulcimer :D

7IbmnZr.jpg

Sounds like fun, Mike!
My wife and I were working on Wildwood Flower a while back, need to start up again!
GHMoNuE.jpg

Back