1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 33 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Boker 732 Urban Trapper

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Boker 732 Urban Trapper , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, August 17 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Off Topic Your Favorite Handgun

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Cobalt, Jul 5, 2019.

1. Colt 1911 and clones/variants

30 vote(s)
    22.9%
  2. Browning Hi power and clones/variants

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  3. CZ75 and clones/variants

8 vote(s)
    6.1%
  4. Anything H&K

9 vote(s)
    6.9%
  5. Beretta 92F and clones/variants

2 vote(s)
    1.5%
  6. Sig Sauer other than 1911 line

15 vote(s)
    11.5%
  7. Glock

36 vote(s)
    27.5%
  8. Smith Wesson Pistols other than 1911

7 vote(s)
    5.3%
  9. All other, FNH, Walther Ruger

5 vote(s)
    3.8%
  10. I am a revolver guy

18 vote(s)
    13.7%
  1. O.P.

O.P.

Jul 21, 2015
    I have a rotation of 3 Glocks and two Walthers. If I had to pick... one gun for the rest of my life?! I’d pack a wheel gun.

Will York likes this.
  2. Noxious Fumes

Noxious Fumes

Sep 7, 2011
    Daily carry - Sig 232. Stainless .380 ( can’t own it in Canada)
    BBQ gun- S&W 1911 E - series bobtail
    I don’t own either..... impossible to carry a gun in Canada..... but what the heck, dreaming is free.....

current fav that I own= Ruger Blackhawk, stainless, 5.5 inch. Barrel, 357/ 9mm.

Cobalt and WatermanChris like this.
  3. O.P.

O.P.

Jul 21, 2015
    I carried a P232 for years. What a pistol. It pointed itself and just looked beautiful doing as much. I miss it.

Cobalt and Noxious Fumes like this.
  4. Briandt3

Briandt3 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 29, 2018
    Reliability all day / every day in all conditions it would be a wheel gun :thumbsup:
    The fact that it can be fired from inside a jacket pocket (imagine a scenario) supports the above quote as well ;)

Cobalt likes this.
  5. JFLemm

JFLemm

Nov 29, 2013
    Got to love that hammer bite from the BHP! From a tool standpoint, Glock rules, it will run in any shi*&y environment.

G26, G30, G19, G17, G21, G34 (some for EDC, some for fun).

Cobalt and Briandt3 like this.
  6. Adian

Adian Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 28, 2013
    Can’t believe all the high end Busse’s here and no high end guns on the poll!

I personally carry a Wilson Combat EDC X9. A nice double stack 9mm (18 rds with the extended mag). Was tired of plastic guns, and this thing is just perfect for carry (I cArry Appendix). It’s a good shooter and Wilson has some of the best Customer Service in the biz.

They recently released a 5” version of it that I plan on getting for when I carry on my belt (gonna have a flared magwell and milled for a dot) or comps.

I do have an HK VP9 that I like as well, but I’ve been reading that they are having some financial woes, which makes me think I may have to eventually buy a Glock

7. inkynate

inkynate Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 4, 2010
    Kahr K9

WatermanChris likes this.
  8. Pteronarcyd

Pteronarcyd

Feb 19, 2019
    I voted CZ 75 and variants because of my CZ 75 Compact chambered in 9 Luger. But, my go-to carry pistol is my CZ 83 chambered in .380 Auto. I keep a CZ 82 (9 Makarov) in my glove box, and I just got a Beretta 3032 Tomcat (.32 Auto) for deep concealment.

I carry the 83 because it rides a bit more comfortably than the 75 Compact in a UBG Regulator OWB holster. It conceals easily, even with only an untucked t-shirt. With a spare 13-round magazine I have a loadout of 27 rounds, more than enough for a reasonable worst-case incident. My biggest concern, should the need to use it defensibly arise, is forgetting I have it on me.

WatermanChris likes this.
  9. MacLaren1

MacLaren1 Gold Member Gold Member

May 15, 2014
    I really like a tuned Sig and 1911.
    I also love a good wheel gun.
    My favorite rounds are .357 Magnum, .357 Sig and .45 Auto

WatermanChris and Briandt3 like this.
  10. Scott321

Scott321

Jul 20, 2016
    My favorite shooting pistol was a Colt DE I rented at a range many years ago. I liked it better than the Gold Cup. It's the reason I picked up a Kimber 10, but I want to de-customize the Kimber to feel more like that Colt. However, I would probably rate my S&W 1006 as a favorite outside of the range, followed by my S&W 66-8, 2.75".

Edit: Missed the carry part of the title. I settled on a CW45 for that role.

11. tokerblue

tokerblue

May 1, 2010
    I'm in CT, so my carry gun has had to be adjusted due to law changes over the years.

Glock 27 during the federal AWB (10 rounds). Then a Glock 19 when the federal AWB was sunset. I also carried a Kahr PM9 when I needed better concealment. Unfortunately, after Sandy Hook, my choices were once again limited to 10 rounds. So I carried a Glock 43 with +1 baseplate since it was small, thin and light. After shooting the Sig P365, that's most likely going to be my new carry gun in the near future.

12. DrHenley

DrHenley

May 31, 2019
    My two favs are a vintage Dan Wesson Panther, and a Sig Ultra Compact, both 1911s in 45 ACP. I never really thought I'd like a 1911 until I bought the Dan Wesson. There were so many articles about 1911s I decided to find out what the fuss was all about, so I went to a pawn shop and bought the well used Dan Wesson for $500. I fell in love with it almost immediately. Best $500 bucks I ever spent.

Cobalt likes this.
  13. JohnTheTexican

JohnTheTexican Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 1, 2006
    I really like Sigs. My favored carry that isn't a KelTec P3AT was a Sig P239 in .357 SIG, but I recently got a P365 that's easier to carry. Crimson Trace lasers on the KelTec and P239, and the SIG Lima 365 green laser on the P365. 'Cause I have really bad eyes.

14. dogboye

dogboye Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 1999
    Glock. G45 or 19X first choice. G27 or G23/32 second.
    Need to get a G20 for woods work. As backup to the Ruger 44Mag.

15. jimmyjones

jimmyjones Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 16, 2005
    I normally have a S&W Model 60 or 640 on my belt, I'm a revolver guy. I keep trying to EDC a semi, but I just can't seem to warm up to them, love them at the range. My favorite pocket pistol is my Beretta 950 Jetfire, rule 1.

16. cpirtle

cpirtle Leathercrafter Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 28, 2001
    This is a really tough question and I would not want to have to make the decision. I own everything in your pick list except CZ's (Dan Wesson excluded) and really like them all for different reasons. I have my favorites to shoot, custom 1911's, custom Sig X-Five Shorty, BHP, Glock, HK, Single Actions, Smith (especially wheel guns).. but they are not good carry choices for a one pistol forever choice.

My summer carry is generally a S&W 320PD because it is unmatched in weight. I carry it a lot in the winter too, but often carry a PC 327 (8 shot .357) in the winter. I like revolvers for concealed carry for a lot of reasons, weight to firepower ratio being one of them.

If I were forced to choose based on your criteria I would go with my Glock 30s (not to be mistaken for the 30sf). It carries great, is reliable, has excellent firepower, is relatively light/compact and plenty accurate.

JJ_Colt45 and Cobalt like this.
  17. shunsui

shunsui Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 12, 2008
    They don't allow carry around here, but my friend is a LEO and can carry off duty. He's been carrying a Sig 365 for awhile and he recently picked up the manual safety version, P365-MS.

I got to handle it the other day, and it's pretty sweet. The ambi safety levers are very slim and operate with a satisfying click. The 365 has really nice ergonomics too, even for large hands.

18. Steven65

Steven65 Traditional Hog Platinum Member

Mar 11, 2008
    When it comes to carry it has to be Glock (34 for me) but I am interested to know what your all time favourite pistol is? Which 1911 variant/model?:)

19. UNRL Ghandi

UNRL Ghandi Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 24, 2013
    I had a Nighthawk GRP Recon .45 with a surefire light and a .22 conversion kit. My goodness what a beautiful gun and super freakin accurate. Gave it to my brother in exchange for him to come out and work at my farm on Fridays this year. He offered to help for free but I told him I wanted him to feel obligated to be here and to work hard. He's been here every Friday for months now. :)

I'm eyeballing the Wilson EDC X9 Adian mentioned as a potential carry if I ever leave MD and then a nighthawk agent 2 in .45 for fun.

20. littlehoot

littlehoot Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 7, 2015
    +1 on the Ultra compact Sign 1911. I've got one in 9mm, it's a fantastic gun! Capable of shooting way better than I'm able. It's fairly concealable, and relatively lightweight.

My second choice is a Springfield XD in 9mm or 45 (for open hip carry), and a Springfield xds in either caliber for concealed carry.

If I'm doing deep concealment, it's a sig 238 in 380- but it's my wife's regular carry gun. It too, is an absolutely fantastic gun.