This is my very first GEC : # 77 Northfield Barlow back in 2015
hGDotv1.jpg

So I got a few more of the #77's
XGPUQiM.jpg

Then I bought a few more Northfields of other patterns :
uFwql0v.jpg

Harry
Nice stuff Harry. Looks like you enjoy some stag

My first GEC is a 48 stag from 2014. Got it at a local Goodwill for $20. I’m pretty sure someone had donated the pants and the 48 was left in the pocket.

Attachments

• IMG_8944.jpeg
    IMG_8944.jpeg
    746.7 KB · Views: 5
Mine was an 86-- Oilfield Jack in natural micarta. I have carried it a lot and used it moderately. I love both blades. Not long after I managed to get a Eureka Jack and Charlie's Black Jack. My pace of GEC purchases has mostly been modest, but I bought a large handful this year.

My first GEC was a 78 single blade chestnut brown jigged bone knife that I bought on a whim as gift for my brother.

I got it and was blown away by how nice it was. I immediately ordered a duplicate for myself, then a 14, more 78s, 48, 81, 66, and things have really gotten out of hand since then.

My first GEC was a 78 single blade chestnut brown jigged bone knife that I bought on a whim as gift for my brother.

I got it and was blown away by how nice it was. I immediately ordered a duplicate for myself, then a 14, more 78s, 48, 81, 66, and things have really gotten out of hand since then.
Yeah, I’m around 200 now. Out of hand for sure

Mine was this one my wife bought for my birthday in 2013. It was a limited run of some kind, has a number stamped in the bolster.

I still carry it some but it has some blade wobble and I really prefer a 2 blade for my everyday pocketknife anyway. It mostly stays in my hunting pack as a backup for breaking down big animals in the backcountry.

PS: Hornytoad sold separately

This Ebony 97. I still think that GEC's perfect fit and finish reached it's pinnacle on those, among their best work for sure! Developed me an appreciation for ebony wood as well. Love it.

IMG_20220909_184516.jpg

My first was a 2015 63 fishtail jack in chestnut jigged bone. Back in the days where GECs would sit on the sites for weeks! I don't carry it often but it is a beautiful knife

86 oil field Jack was my first back in ‘19. I was perusing the interwebs and don’t even remember how I stumbled on it. Now I’m in too deep to ever escape…

IMG_3118.jpeg

The 86 frame is certainly a favorite. Managed to snag an HJ and this superb Sucker Rod was a very generous gift.

IMG_3119.jpeg

Back