Your First GEC

Ernie1980

Gold Member
My first, which I no longer have, was the 2012 forum knife. Nice knife but too heavy for me to pocket carry.

Half/Stop

Gold Member
My first GEC was this Tidioute #55 Hound Tooth with Mexican Bocote covers.

22554776385_d98760a6ea_b_d.jpg

t.willy

Gold Member
I never was one for doing anything half way and I guess that includes my first GEC. It was a Charlie Campagna Texas Camp Knife SFO and what a beautiful knife it was. However because I have soft nails the punch was just a bit hard for me to open so my First GEC also became my first sale on BladeForums. I ended up selling it to a very greatful Member of The Porch. Ever since I've always gone out of my way to try and find a fellow member that may want what I've got to sell before just putting it up for sale. ✌

images.jpeg

Last edited:

Sacto

Basic Member
Mine was a natural micarta soda scout in 2015. The sheepsfoot and cap lifter caught my eye. The funny thing is, back then, it sat on the website for several days while I pondered whether or not I should buy it. I’m glad I did because I still use it all the time.

jakemex

Basic Member
My first GEC a #23 in bocote. Still have it. Not a favorite. Fit and finish bleh... the rest I have are as they should be. I’d rather use Case knives. GEC are overpriced.