Your First GEC

My first, which I no longer have, was the 2012 forum knife. Nice knife but too heavy for me to pocket carry.

My first GEC was this Tidioute #55 Hound Tooth with Mexican Bocote covers.

22554776385_d98760a6ea_b_d.jpg

I never was one for doing anything half way and I guess that includes my first GEC. It was a Charlie Campagna Texas Camp Knife SFO and what a beautiful knife it was. However because I have soft nails the punch was just a bit hard for me to open so my First GEC also became my first sale on BladeForums. I ended up selling it to a very greatful Member of The Porch. Ever since I've always gone out of my way to try and find a fellow member that may want what I've got to sell before just putting it up for sale. ✌

images.jpeg

Last edited:
Mine was a natural micarta soda scout in 2015. The sheepsfoot and cap lifter caught my eye. The funny thing is, back then, it sat on the website for several days while I pondered whether or not I should buy it. I’m glad I did because I still use it all the time.

My first GEC a #23 in bocote. Still have it. Not a favorite. Fit and finish bleh... the rest I have are as they should be. I’d rather use Case knives. GEC are overpriced.

My first GEC was a #72 lockback in burnt orange bone, that I purchased back in 2010. It's a real beauty. But it arrived with very little fanfare, as I remember. It was a bit small for what I was after.

Oddly enough, my second GEC wasn't purchased for another 5 years or so. Quite a large gap in time, but I was kind of taking a hiatus from knife buying for a bit. Once I bought the #15 Boys Knife, I became totally addicted. The level of craftsmanship on this piece was utterly spectacular

olryBD0h.jpg

qd3hVO8h.jpg

My first GEC was a #72 lockback in burnt orange bone, that I purchased back in 2010. It's a real beauty. But it arrived with very little fanfare, as I remember. It was a bit small for what I was after.

Oddly enough, my second GEC wasn't purchased for another 5 years or so. Quite a large gap in time, but I was kind of taking a hiatus from knife buying for a bit. Once I bought the #15 Boys Knife, I became totally addicted. The level of craftsmanship on this piece was utterly spectacular

olryBD0h.jpg

qd3hVO8h.jpg
That 72 is one I’ve been hunting. Very nice knife

My first was the natty 85 in my profile picture. 85s remain one of my top patterns to collect!

My first GEC was gifted to me by Duncan @Campbellclanman , to add to the generosity, it was his favourite knife too :) :thumbsup:

jv7M5Co.jpg

I bought my first GEC soon after, one of the first #15 Boy's Knives, but it had a fault, and the UK dealer only had the one :(

56BAp5Q.jpg

So he offered me a #66, which I gladly accepted :) :thumbsup:

MSqo0qj.jpg
What was the fault on the #15?

Back