Your First GEC

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by JohnDF, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Ernie1980

Ernie1980 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 19, 2012
    My first, which I no longer have, was the 2012 forum knife. Nice knife but too heavy for me to pocket carry.

2. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    My first GEC was this Tidioute #55 Hound Tooth with Mexican Bocote covers.

[​IMG]

3. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Gorgeous knife!
    I wish they'd do another run of those. I love the #56s but I'm not a big fan of spear blades.

natchezz and Jolipapa like this.
  4. Half/Stop

Jul 25, 2014
    Thanks John! :) I like Spear blades, but I really like them straight edges! ;)

JohnDF likes this.
  5. t.willy

t.willy Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 31, 2016
    I never was one for doing anything half way and I guess that includes my first GEC. It was a Charlie Campagna Texas Camp Knife SFO and what a beautiful knife it was. However because I have soft nails the punch was just a bit hard for me to open so my First GEC also became my first sale on BladeForums. I ended up selling it to a very greatful Member of The Porch. Ever since I've always gone out of my way to try and find a fellow member that may want what I've got to sell before just putting it up for sale. ✌

images.jpeg

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
    Dschal, Will Power, ISKRA and 3 others like this.
  6. hamsco

hamsco Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 30, 2015
    My first is this 99 Wall Street. It sparked my fascination with Wharncliff blades. Still have it and still use it.

[​IMG]

ISKRA, paulhilborn, Dschal and 2 others like this.
  7. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

Jan 14, 2017
  8. Pinemoon

Pinemoon

Mar 25, 2005
    Yeah, that's the stuff :thumbsup::thumbsup:

9. Half/Stop

Jul 25, 2014
    Thank you! :)

10. waverave

waverave Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 7, 2018
    oops

11. waverave

waverave Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 7, 2018
    My first :) Saw it for sale here in the exchange and jumped on-board :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
    GEC_43_cocobolo.jpg

12. Sacto

Sacto Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 27, 2017
    Mine was a natural micarta soda scout in 2015. The sheepsfoot and cap lifter caught my eye. The funny thing is, back then, it sat on the website for several days while I pondered whether or not I should buy it. I’m glad I did because I still use it all the time.

13. jakemex

jakemex Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 19, 2011
    My first GEC a #23 in bocote. Still have it. Not a favorite. Fit and finish bleh... the rest I have are as they should be. I’d rather use Case knives. GEC are overpriced.

JohnDF likes this.