Your Midget Knife

Anyone else find it interesting than a extra small modern knife would not really be considered all that small for a traditional knife?

Some I carry do not look too out of place over on the porch, but would likely be considered too small to really be useful on the modern side.
That's not to say anything is really cut and dry or definitive, but modern knives are generally much larger in most all dimensions.

Anyone else find it interesting than a extra small modern knife would not really be considered all that small for a traditional knife?

Some I carry do not look too out of place over on the porch, but would likely be considered too small to really be useful on the modern side.
That's not to say anything is really cut and dry or definitive, but modern knives are generally much larger in most all dimensions.

Now that you mention it, when I was a kid fogging up the glass on the knife display, some of them knives I oogled glued to the cardboard were kinda teeny.
Like really teeny.
Don't remember the brand though.

I use this lil' guy quite a bit.
xb95F2yl.jpg

That looks quite handy. What's the make/model?
It is a Korcraft Everyday Blade.
The blades are the xacto type and change take only a minute. Comes with several different shaped blades and has a clip.
Very handy and sharp. Once you master it, you can open and close one-handed.
Forgot to mention; I believe it is made in the US.
Q9cK6Xdl.jpg

My smallest knife? A SAK "Signature" on my keyring. Same size and tools as the SAK Classic SD, but replaces the toothpick (or is it the tweezers?) in one scale for a retractable (blue) ink pen. Truth to tell, I only use the scissors and (when I forget one) the pen. In the 10 years or so I've had it, I've never reached for it to use as a knife. Generally speaking, I forget I have it with me when I need a knife.

My smallest knife I use the knife blade? A (two blade) Barlow, somewhere between 3 1/8 and 3 1/2 inch closed, depending on which Barlow it is.)

It is a Korcraft Everyday Blade.
The blades are the xacto type and change take only a minute. Comes with several different shaped blades and has a clip.
Very handy and sharp. Once you master it, you can open and close one-handed.
Forgot to mention; I believe it is made in the US.
Q9cK6Xdl.jpg

Thanks! :thumbsup:

I expected it to be forged from unobtainium and sold in drops of seven units at midnight every third Thursday, so I was pleasantly surprised to find that it's readily available and relatively inexpensive. :D

With SAKs, I think you can get one that is too small to be very functional. Classic size (58mm) is too small for me. On a key chain for a minimal use here and there might be okay, but you would really have to work at cutting a stick beyond pencil size. I am enamored with the 84mm size. It works really well for an edc for me and cuts most everything I need to cut. It is big enough to be functional but still fit inside a watch pocket and go un-noticed. I don' care for pocket bricks. A modern about this size would work too, but I do like the tools on the Small Tinker quite a lot and use them more than you would think.

I used to want a hand filling knife. I have them and they're ready for action if the need presents.

I agree ^. I had the Mini Champ and ended up giving it away. For me the blade is too flimsy when you scale it down to the 58mm models.

Back