Your Most Regretable Knife Purchase

No regrets yet... every blade I've bought in recent memory has been highly recommended by members on this forum. Thanks for all the good chatter - Strat

CS Pocket Bushman - terrible design imho. Sliced open my thumb and severed a tendon - $10k down the drain

CS Pocket Bushman - terrible design imho. Sliced open my thumb and severed a tendon - $10k down the drain

I own one...that thing is a guillotine. With cold or slippery hands, or if you're fatigued at all that thing could be dangerous. Probably why it's been sitting on my desk since I bought it:D

I have a post to contribute, but it's my own fault. As a knife noob, I did not know any better.

I bought a $450 Busse. I thought it was indestructible. (Hence the INFI fame with the $450 price tag) I chipped the edge of the Busse on concrete. :(

Other than the concrete incident, I have no regrets. I just wish a $450 item would be literally indestructible. I thought it was "Nuclear meltdown proof".

Pictures coming soon? brb

I have a post to contribute, but it's my own fault. As a knife noob, I did not know any better.

I bought a $450 Busse. I thought it was indestructible. (Hence the INFI fame with the $450 price tag) I chipped the edge of the Busse on concrete. :(

Other than the concrete incident, I have no regrets. I just wish a $450 item would be literally indestructible. I thought it was "Nuclear meltdown proof".

Ya concrete usually wins. :eek:

Ancient history for this one. Gerber LMF II = greatest disappointment in a knife for me to date. Used it to chop soft branches one time and the handle has been loose ever since. Such a shame too - loved the feel of the handle.

No issues with any of my ESEE's, Beckers or SAKs - ever.

Mine would also be the infamous china made survival knife with the compass on the cap of the hollow handle that contained all of the "important" survival goodies.
In my defense, i bought it when i was a teenager. Way back in the days when i knew nothing about knives other than the fact that one end was sharp and used for cutting and that you held on to the opposite end.
Needless to say, when i tried to use it for some mock survival tasks, such as stabbing a 2x4 and prying on the blade, the blade eventually parted ways with the handle.

I hate to admit it, but I bought one of those S&W chunk knives, but I didn't pay a low price for it.

Busse FFBM,It's real heavy,real dull,real ugly with it's baked on sage colored finish,real expensive,and no sheath.Other than that,I pretty much hate that #**# knife.On the positive side,I love my SRKW Battle Rat.

That sucks...sounds like you need a light saber..busse knives are overpriced. IMO.

i dont have any regrets about what i purchased, but i gate away my Gerber LMF 2 ASEK system to my brother in law, and have not replaced it..i guess that would count as a blade i dont care for...

I've never regretted a knife purchase. I've learned something from every one of them.

The thing I have deep regrets about are the knives I've given away to those who were undeserving, or the knives that were stolen from me by those I trusted. I wish I could take them all back. I'd have four times the knives I do now.

Never buy a knife on preorder again........ big huge disappointment Poor Planing .
If it ant built I don't need it never will I wait like this again..
I have had many custom Knives made buy many name knife builders never waited this long ...............and been stalled as many times still no true word on the knife yet...

Like I have said I don't expect this till Feb....HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT!!!!!!!

Never buy a knife on preorder again........ big huge disappointment Poor Planing .
If it ant built I don't need it never will I wait like this again..
I have had many custom Knives made buy many name knife builders never waited this long ...............and been stalled as many times still no true word on the knife yet...

Like I have said I don't expect this till Feb....HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT!!!!!!!

Have you been hanging the DPX forums?

God bless,
Adam

No real regrets on any knife purchase. I would have said my cold steel SRK - the first day I got it, put it to work and the coating started coming off immediately - but that actually is one hell of a camping/survival knife. I have absolutely torturted that knife and its goin strong....

I used a seal pup for my dive knife while I was in puerto rico. It spent ALOT of time in saltwater. It still looks and functions great. Ironically, the only thing to break was the kydex. After dozens of swims and repeated exposure to the sun, the kydex sheath just literally broke in half one day. The knife is still in good condition but I never got around to getting a replacement sheath for it.

Not a bad knife at all.

I have a SEAL PUP and think it is a decent knife. If you can go and handle one go ahead....I like that it has serrations and is a pretty slim, light blade. Glad to hear it worked well for you in saltwater.

Mine was a D2 mini grip from cabelas. Bought it before I went to work, got to work and just could not live with how cheap the handles felt at that price point ($85) returned it after work the same day. To this day its the only knife I've ever returned.

I bought a custom knife on the forums from one of the makers. It looked pretty good in the photos, but when I got it, the blade was dull, the scales were terrible, and it generally had very poor fit and finish. To be fair, I had a few drinks under my belt when I ordered it, so it may have been a case of "beer goggles." Oh well, lesson learned. :grumpy:

- Mark

I have a SEAL PUP and think it is a decent knife. If you can go and handle one go ahead....I like that it has serrations and is a pretty slim, light blade. Glad to hear it worked well for you in saltwater.

I was taught when I started diving to have a good knife but not a super expensive knife. If you drop it and it goes deeper than you should go, it shouldn't be something that tempts you to do something foolish. I love diving, but 110 ft down is not the time you want to push your limits for a stupid knife. The SEAL PUP fits that niche for me. If I drop it, I'm not tempted to waste time trying to find it. On the other hand, carrying your grandfather's Randall that he used during the war could get you killed if you dropped that thing at depth.

What's surprising on this thread is that Busse has come up as much as any other brand. Interesting. Don't let the Busse forum know--we could have a full scale riot on our hands!

Back