Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

This came in yesterday. A unique knife for sure. Starting to warm up to it.

o0vyx8o.jpeg
Great navy knife Paul, from the bail to the blade.

Such a great Sowbelly. Love the October Harvest color -- it's a beauty! 😍
Thanks! I am a big fan of harvest orange, autumn bone, sunset bone.... Whatever all these different companies call it, it's my favorite!

It's a very nice knife (thankfully because I hadn't seen it in person!). Great fit and finish. The nail nicks would be my only gripe. They are rounded over and not easy to grip. No biggie though.

Queen has really been fun to dig into. The couple knives I have now from that factory are all top notch.

Now for something completely different…

Last week I was in several cities in Uzbekistan…Tashkent, Samarkand, and Bukhara. There is a family of cutlers in Bukhara that faithfully makes Uzbek knives at a high level. It was fun to meet the cutters and spend some time in their shop. The forge area that I was in is just mocked up so people can see how they make knives. We talked all about how he makes the knives at his forge back at his home. I came back with a traditional hunting knife in their hand forged Damascus and Uzbek gazelle. A great way to remember the trip.

Last week I was in several cities in Uzbekistan…Tashkent, Samarkand, and Bukhara. There is a family of cutlers in Bukhara that faithfully makes Uzbek knives at a high level. It was fun to meet the cutters and spend some time in their shop. I came back with a traditional hunting knife in their hand forged Damascus and Uzbek gazelle. A great way to remember the trip.

That goes way beyond a momento Jon. Sweet.👌

Got this cool group of whittlers in from a gentleman. Four Schrade Waldens and a brand that I am not familiar with.

Stamped
ENGELSWERK
C.W. ENGELS
SOLINGEN-FCCHE

I can now understand the fuss with these split back whittlers with the clip main. They are really cool. These seem to be in great shape as well.

xHTR31S.jpeg

Last edited:

Last week I was in several cities in Uzbekistan…Tashkent, Samarkand, and Bukhara. There is a family of cutlers in Bukhara that faithfully makes Uzbek knives at a high level. It was fun to meet the cutters and spend some time in their shop. The forge area that I was in is just mocked up so people can see how they make knives. We talked all about how he makes the knives at his forge back at his home. I came back with a traditional hunting knife in their hand forged Damascus and Uzbek gazelle. A great way to remember the trip.

What an epic post, Jon. Read like a wonderful trip. Doing God’s work. Kudos my friend.

This #89 Camillus Stockman came in the mail Friday. I’ve really been getting into 70’s Delrin handled Stockmans in the last few months. These are the knives I grew up with.There’s just something I appreciate about a USA made working man’s knife.
IMG-0828.jpg
We have similar taste in pocketknives, that one is a dandy!

Talk about “something different” - I’ll say! Really cool trip memento. OH

I've been after some older Schrade medium Stockmans of late and this one arrived today...

A Heritage H834 with Maroon Delrin Saw Cut covers and threaded brass bolsters.
Me6BJI.jpg
Is that the special knife with brass bushings or washers you were looking for a couple of years ago ???

Harry

Back