Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

This is so not fancy or really rare but of late I've been picking up Schrade knives I grew up with and here's an Uncle Henry with a tang stamp that followed the SCHRADE WALDEN stamp. This is the SCHRADE NY USA. stamp. I carried this one for about 3 yrs in my early days of pressure washing because the blades were stainless. This arrived in the mornings mail so I oiled it, put a screaming sharp edge on it and will carry it for nostalgia's sake:)

I know where I left it and realized it was missing after a 4 hr ride home. Wasn't about to go back, so I notified the home owner where it was and hopefully they could use it or know someone who could :)
3rTryM.jpg

Very pleased with this latest French arrival - St. Martin pattern by GR Knives Theirs, a smaller knife than most French ones, the Horn is really nice, let's hope it behaves in this dry environ ;) Many French makers (not Fontenille-Pataud any longer despite being expensive...) still stamp their knives, much cooler than etches.

aw4F0qD.jpg

1940-64 Case Large Stockman 6375!! Large Stockman are my favorite pattern. This is my grail knife. Ive searched forever. My buddy found this at an estate sale with a bunch of others models in a box. He didnt know much about knives, let alone Case. He was looking for guns. I immediately let him know that by dumb luck he had found my grail!!! I told him all about what he had and we valued the items by looking at ebay and other sites for similar condition models. I offered him a fair price and its now mine!! I cleaned it. The condition you see is how it was when he showed it to me minus 60-80 years of pocket gunk!! I touched up the edges and they shave clean!!! There are a few micro chips in the main, but I dont want to change the condition too much so they will slowly fade away as I maintain the edges.

IMG_2495.jpegIMG_2493.jpegIMG_2492.jpeg

Thanks Will! It even still has great spring tension and walk and talk. It was pretty gritty when I got it but soaked it in mineral oil and then carefully used a dental pick to clean all the gunk out of it. Now its pretty smooth

Last edited:
Pickups from Badger. Had a great time. GEC 14 and Opinel were gifts from btb01 btb01 and the jigged bone Ulster was a gift from H herder . Both 86s were a trade with bigfish64 bigfish64 . Not pictured is a cool GEC15 bail and chain boys knife which Todd gave me. I have already passed it down to my son. He loves it. Thanks, fellas!!!

Was happy to find a handful of speys for the collection.

7KqKIaI.jpeg

Last edited:
Pickups from Badger. Had a great time. GEC 14 and Opinel were gifts from btb01 btb01 and the jigged bone Ulster was a gift from H herder . Both 86s were a trade with bigfish64 bigfish64 . Not pictured is a cool GEC15 bail and chain boys knife which Todd gave me which I have already passed down to my son. He loves it. Thanks, fellas!!!

Was happy to find a handful of speys for the collection.

7KqKIaI.jpeg
Great finds and gifts Paul.👌

Back