Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

The stockman is my newest. I'm really loving this 81 pattern.

37752896555_0b2ea13ed3_c.jpg

I've had my eye on this "strawberry bone" Rough Rider muskrat for months. The fit and finish is excellent, but I couldn't get past the color. The pile side was sort of OK but rather blotchy, and the mark side was a faded red, almost pink. Well, the last few days I've been experimenting with dying bone so yesterday I bought it and today I got some red RIT dye at the grocery store. Fifteen minutes in a hot dye bath improved the looks considerably. Two slim clip blades -- what's not to like?

24770376818_4eb8d7fce2_b.jpg

I've had my eye on this "strawberry bone" Rough Rider muskrat for months. The fit and finish is excellent, but I couldn't get past the color. The pile side was sort of OK but rather blotchy, and the mark side was a faded red, almost pink. Well, the last few days I've been experimenting with dying bone so yesterday I bought it and today I got some red RIT dye at the grocery store. Fifteen minutes in a hot dye bath improved the looks considerably. Two slim clip blades -- what's not to like?

24770376818_4eb8d7fce2_b.jpg

Nice dye job. Looks like sweet, sweet licorice!

My first Tuna Valley and it’s pretty nice over all pretty happy . All blades have a nice snap with about a 5 pull all centered .Main blade is a little gritty about 3/4 position when opening and closing so hoping it’ll break in and with some flushing . But with that Being said beautiful blade with nice details .
ZhlbfNZ.jpg
BRLM5HY.jpg
LHyFWvq.jpg

My first Tuna Valley and it’s pretty nice over all pretty happy . All blades have a nice snap with about a 5 pull all centered .Main blade is a little gritty about 3/4 position when opening and closing so hoping it’ll break in and with some flushing . But with that Being said beautiful blade with nice details .
ZhlbfNZ.jpg
BRLM5HY.jpg
LHyFWvq.jpg
Very nice!

ZhlbfNZ.jpg
BRLM5HY.jpg
LHyFWvq.jpg
That's a fine looking knife! The stag looks great and the extra touches really bring it all together.

That's a fine looking knife! The stag looks great and the extra touches really bring it all together.
Unfortunately after spending a few hours with it I decided to send it back to the dealer . It did have some beautiful stag and detail on this one . But even after flushing the gritty feeling on the pull of main blade did not improve actually started feeling worse and more like gravel lol. Had sharp transitions everywhere and a very very proud pin that was on a angle at least 1/16 of a inch proud . Very poor grind on the main blade also . Hard to believe this one made it out of the factory . Very disappointed with this one and TV .

New to me Northwoods stockman. Edges just need a minor touch up as they will just st about shave as is. I am assuming this is D2 steel? Not real familiar with these older Northwoods.
E8B9353B-4DBF-43B5-8942-79DBE4C54910.jpeg

Back