Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

arrived yesterday,
tXShyQM.jpg

I've thought about it, believe me. It's the only (that I'm aware of) with that particular blade combination in CV. However, the thickness of the knife with the bone stag puts me off. IMO it kills the elegant, slim profile of the pattern.

I do like my teardrop spear point in ebony. I'd love one in MOP, but $200 for a knife with mediocre steel just doesn't add up for me. Maybe a smooth white bone one.

Reactions: HWF
Another one just came in, this one hits "close to home." Being from the St. Louis area, the Shapleigh mark has always been of interest to me, with plenty of well made knives in the past. This one is not very old, late '90s I think, but is still very well made, with some terrific stag bone covers. Solingen made, 3.59" closed, with an interesting punch.

RHTmhTK.jpg

jCOuqaN.jpg

New to me Case/Bose cattle knife.....
Will it move the Churchill out of my pocket? First it’s going back to Case to fix the blade play on the clip..... then I’ll send it to someone with better sharpening skills than mine to put a more acute edge on her.
Then, maybe then.... but who knows.
7B260760-2671-430C-8E4C-4202A3BAACB2.jpeg

Another one just came in, this one hits "close to home." Being from the St. Louis area, the Shapleigh mark has always been of interest to me, with plenty of well made knives in the past. This one is not very old, late '90s I think, but is still very well made, with some terrific stag bone covers. Solingen made, 3.59" closed, with an interesting punch.

RHTmhTK.jpg

jCOuqaN.jpg
Nice score, Jeff! Beautiful knife.

Will it move the Churchill out of my pocket? First it’s going back to Case to fix the blade play on the clip..... then I’ll send it to someone with better sharpening skills than mine to put a more acute edge on her.
View attachment 834180
Good looking Cattle Knife there, Josh! Sorry to hear about the blade play. Let us know how Case does fixing it up if the mood should strike you.

RHTmhTK.jpg

jCOuqaN.jpg
Nice! I've said that the only thing that would improve the GEC #35 Churchill would be the addition of a punch. So, that right there. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

View attachment 834180

Fine looking knife, but a knife that expensive should really not have any blade-play at all or sharpening issues I have to say.

Regards, Will

Fine looking knife, but a knife that expensive should really not have any blade-play at all or sharpening issues I have to say.

Regards, Will

Will power there are no sharpening issues. It came sharp. I’d like to thin the edge a bit and don’t have enough time these days to do so on steels like D2 and 154 CM without taking time from the family. So I send it off for reprofile.
But no. Blade play on something in this price range is not acceptable.

Back