Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

We had a lot of fun digging around in the Moore Makers at our local feed store last week. Have posted some of these already, but here's what we brought home so far. All of these were NIB. 2013 Queen made Gunstock Trapper in Sambar stag, 2013 Utica made Coffin Jack in white bone, 4 1/8" Camillus made Trapper in buffalo horn, and a 2008 Queen made Muskrat in honey bone. Will post a little more detail in Moore Maker thread when I get a chance for anyone that's interested.

20190615_162842 by Chris Thayer, on Flickr

Two new doctor's knives in ...

A.G. Russell with black lip pearl covers and main/scalpel blades. In terms of size, the A.G. Russell comes in between the Case baby doctor's knife and the full-sized Case doctor's knife.

h2bUTNv.jpg

2018 Case with hand-fired, deep canyon jigged amber bone covers, customized bolsters and main/spatula blades.

Jqp2guX.jpg

This just arrived today, a NOS Sabre USA #223 serpentine pen.
I believe it's a rebranded Schrade 708.
An unintentionally misleading listing had me thinking I was buying a lot of 4 of these, but I'm still happy with the knife for the $35 I payed.

Minus the gaps between the scales and bolsters the F&F is pretty good and it's got excellent W&T.
I don't really know for sure but the scales seem like a cracked ice acrylic to me and not celluloid.

These two additions...

Been wanting something in Bonestag for a while
Where did you get the A G.? I recently bought one in black macarta, that and yellow delrin was all they had left. I would have bought a bone if they had any. Just curious that is all .
Bonestag Trapper by D P, on Flickr

And an AG Russell Rancher

AG Rancher by D P, on Flickr

Both received "Pinemoon mods" :)

AHHH, was confused, but that explains it. Thanks for explaining it for me. MUCH PREFER yours, good get.:thumbsup:

AHHH, was confused, but that explains it. Thanks for explaining it for me. MUCH PREFER yours, good get.:thumbsup:
Thanks, yeah, this next generation model is better. It's a lockback. The original (I also have) is simply a slipjoint.

Back