Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

I can't decide if that's really cool or a little creepy... :eek:
Why can't it be both? :D

Round 4 of the flea market/estate sale below. 80% off, crazy. I'm going to spend the next month sharpening knives! Anyway: 1) Moore Maker 2305 punch Stockman. Was in pretty rough shape, particularly the horn. It was a dull grey. Can't believe how well it came back. Should be a good user; 2) Kabar 1187. Doesn't look like it was ever used. Kim loved the handles, it's in her stash now. Think these were made like 1980-84? Not sure; 3) Buck Toothpick. Going to see if I can find a shield for it; 3) Ulster Boy Scouts of America Knife. Blade is etched. This one was in great shape except for some scratches and a couple chips on the spear; 4) Kabar 1184. Very cool knife with carbon steel blades. There are several versions of this, the Stagalon is different on the later versions and some of the later ones have a lanyard hole. Have seen some info that this version was made in 1950's and 60's, but not sure how accurate it is. If anyone has info I'd love to know. This one also in Kim's stash!
20190818_172557 sized 30.jpg

Just received this in record time today from Timothy La Combre. I've been curious about his knives, and when I saw this, I loved the blade shape. It's in that "modern traditional" vein, what with this snakeskin-looking carbon fiber, but the thing is built like a tank, has singing walk and talk, and high-quality stainless.

48575360976_5d37600f7b_b.jpg

Just received this in record time today from Timothy La Combre. I've been curious about his knives, and when I saw this, I loved the blade shape. It's in that "modern traditional" vein, what with this snakeskin-looking carbon fiber, but the thing is built like a tank, has singing walk and talk, and high-quality stainless.

I really like that blade shape. :cool::thumbsup:

I really like that blade shape. :cool::thumbsup:

I do, too. I'd call this blade shape a "Native", as designed and coined by Jared Oeser. I probably can't put it in the @Jack Black Lambsfoot thread since it has a 'lil belly, but it's basically a Lambsfoot with a little belly for a'slicin' and a'dicin'.

Did someone say 2 bladed Jack?
HUCTmr9.jpg

kKEqsJN.jpg

The F&F is certainly not up to GEC's however it is not bad, not bad at all. As a matter of fact this one completes my set. From carrying the first two I can say the blade steel is excellent, sharpens up like a razor and holds it very well. They are a nice size, ride well in the pocket, and fit well in the hand. I understand that S&M knives were hit and miss but I got 3 good ones and will get good use out of all of them.
BB0ja1r.jpg

I got the little brother to my large Otter Messer anchor knife today. I think it's the better sized one, but I like more moderate sized knives. I put the two next to an A Wright lambsfoot to show relative sizes. This one came in about as sharp as the big one did. So far, Otter is batting 1000 on "sharp"....
This was really stiff in opening... it actually opened fairly well to almost halfway, and it got really tight. I ended up putting a couple of large drops of 3 in 1 oil in it, and working it back and forth about 30 times. It feels better now, but still a little on the stiff side.. I think it will limber up with use, but time will tell.
Overall impressions for a couple of $50-60 knives? Excellent value.

Anchors%20and%20Wright_zpsogka7sgt.jpg

I have a couple knives from Timothy with that same blade shape and they are great!

Just got my first Tribal Lock in today, and it's magnificent! Build quality is every bit as good as GEC. They might not all be this good . . .
but this one is!

VivOU8j.jpg

aWdq2Lo.jpg
I own a great US & German traditional knife collection. I own 8 CASEXX Tribal-lock knives. I have one arm and these knives work so perfect for me. This Tribal-lock knife is the best all around knife for young and old hands. No rattle or wobble , my favorite new CASEXX design. Tony Bose is a legend and this knife is his baby. A CASEXX collection without a Tribal-lock knife is incomplete.

It's a smashing design. I want one :thumbsup:

Did someone say 2 bladed Jack?
HUCTmr9.jpg

kKEqsJN.jpg

The F&F is certainly not up to GEC's however it is not bad, not bad at all. As a matter of fact this one completes my set. From carrying the first two I can say the blade steel is excellent, sharpens up like a razor and holds it very well. They are a nice size, ride well in the pocket, and fit well in the hand. I understand that S&M knives were hit and miss but I got 3 good ones and will get good use out of all of them.
BB0ja1r.jpg
That's a nice trio.:thumbsup:
They're smart lookin' knives!
Michael

Back