Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

I'm pretty pumped, as I just snagged a VERY desirable piece of GEC goodness, #811313 Natural Stag, ser. #03.

1sZPhPE.jpg

rvwj0Ap.jpg
Ah, you’re the one. I’m glad it went to a nice guy. I thought about it a moment too long.

What a fun week. In addition to our flea market/estate sale finds (there are more, just too busy to get the rest posted), couple things I've wanted for a bit and finally got hold of in last couple weeks came in. First is a TC #46 Ironwood, thanks @GreasySideUp . Kim tried to lay claim to it when she saw it, but I think I have her talked into making it a "family knife" ha ha. The second is a stag handled Case Swayback Jack. Will get pics of it posted in next few days when things settle down and I can get decent pics of it. black mamba black mamba that is one heckuva score!
20190814_200935 sized 30.jpg
20190814_200757 sized 30.jpg

My first GEC of the year, my 97 Allegheny came in today's mail - very nice fit & finish on this one - not a nit to be picked! Big and stout Sabre Blade and my first worm-groove bone handled knife. This is one of two Club Knives I buy each year; my second GEC of 2019 will be the Blade Forums Traditional Club Knife when they are released. OH
GEC-AAPK-976119-Allegheny-2019-Club-Knife.jpg

This two-blade Lambfoot knife arrived Monday. The knife is a solid, well built knife. There is absolutely no under blading of either blade and the pull for both blades is a smooth 6. The covers are Rosewood and there are no gaps, cracks, or chips in the covers or between the covers and the liners. No gaps anywhere even between the liners and springs. The blades came sharp; however, I did touch them up with a fine, white, ceramic rod. The knife is well finished with a satin finish on both blades and both blades are centered in their wells. Overall this is a first rate knife and I'm glad to have it.

TvryVdK.jpg

Great pair and great pic.

Have made couple more trips to flea market/estate sale this week ha ha. Having a great time. Here's the deal. Each day is additional 10% off through this Sunday, 90% off. Tuesday's haul, left to right, top to bottom: 1) 2015 Case Trapper jigged bone. Satin SS blades. Surface rust cleaned right up, unused with factory edge; 2) Opened up box that said "6318* Stockman CV". Nope. This nice little 1998 "Limited Edition" Case Barlow in black jigged bone was inside. Polished SS blades Surface rust, cleaned right up, unused with factory edge; 3) 2011 Case Texas Jack in black synthetic. SS blades. Wiped it out and oiled it. Unused, factory edge: 4) 2012 Case Peanut in yellow Delrin. SS blades. Wiped it and oiled it. Unused, factory edge; 5) Imperial Prov U.S.A. Kamp King. Cleaned it, oiled it. Again, appears unused with factory edge; 6) Schrade Walden Med Stockman. Kim's project knife. Lots of blade left, believe it will clean up well; 7) Schrade Walden Sm Stockman. Blades are well used, but the bone on this was so pretty we took it anyway.
20190815_205434 sized 30.jpg
Thursday I was working 20 minutes away, and there was something I wanted to snag at 60% off if no one else had. And found something unexpected: 1) Buck 102 Custom Dave Yellowhorse c. 1988-89 I believe. Just couldn't let this go to a bad home. It's mint, factory edge. All I did was polish the tarnish off the brass and wipe the blade; 2) Schrade USA 7-OT. This was unexpected. For several days I though the two $25 sheaths were just sheaths, realized yesterday there were knives inside. This was in the second. Functionally in great shape, still very smooth and locks up tight, original sheath. Appears to have been barely used. Believe this is a carbon blade, will test soon. Should clean up nicely; 3) Imperial Prov U.S.A. pen knife. Great little knife, but for some reason when the clip is fully opened it falls inward. Not sure if it's fixable, but for $4 it was too cool to leave there; 4) Case Caliber lockback. This is actually a gift for young woman we hired part-time last year, she's working and going to college. Has been out in the field with me several times in the last few weeks. She's been using my knives and talking about how much she would like to buy a knife. Graduates this semester, so Kim and I gave her this as a pre-graduation gift. Gave it to her this morning and she was so excited! Kim has promised her a really nice knife when she graduates, so we're going to look on-line when we slow down and let her figure out what she likes.
20190815_213645 sized 30.jpg
That's the fun we've managed to squeeze in between a 60 hour work week ha! Will be out there again tomorrow (Kim has her eye on some things but the Canadian in her won't let her buy them at less than 80% off) and maybe Sunday. A little better pic of the Buck. Clicking on the pic will take you to Flickr page and you can better see the detail.
Buck Custom 102 Dave Yellowhorse by Chris Thayer, on Flickr

Last edited:
xJ3NyYF.jpg
YZ2G6j2.jpg
tH6sNnt.jpg
Rh6hsD1.jpg
CoziW6o.jpg
0yCKsiL.jpg

Picked up a couple of RR moose patterns. Very good fit'n'finish and walk'n'talk. A bit odd the handle is not symmetrical, they are wider on the stamped bolster end. Really unique spey blades on these, I like it. The black cherry bone is super nice,pics don't do them justice. I almost hate to say it, but the color and depth rivals the old Case redbone. I picked up the black one to send to my best friend, its from the Blackbeard series. I think I'm really going to like this particular moose pattern. I'm hoping to talk to the guy that does the knife orders at the sporting goods store where I get these. They sell out of the RR stuff fast, I'm hoping to talk him into trying the saddlehorn (RR calls it a curved trapper)and halfhawk. The saddlehorn has the same blades as these.

CoziW6o.jpg
0yCKsiL.jpg

Picked up a couple of RR moose patterns. Very good fit'n'finish and walk'n'talk. A bit odd the handle is not symmetrical, they are wider on the stamped bolster end. Really unique spey blades on these, I like it. The black cherry bone is super nice,pics don't do them justice. I almost hate to say it, but the color and depth rivals the old Case redbone. I picked up the black one to send to my best friend, its from the Blackbeard series. I think I'm really going to like this particular moose pattern. I'm hoping to talk to the guy that does the knife orders at the sporting goods store where I get these. They sell out of the RR stuff fast, I'm hoping to talk him into trying the saddlehorn (RR calls it a curved trapper)and halfhawk. The saddlehorn has the same blades as these.
I can't decide if that's really cool or a little creepy... :eek:

Back