Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

Just got my first Tribal Lock in today, and it's magnificent! Build quality is every bit as good as GEC. They might not all be this good . . .
but this one is!

VivOU8j.jpg

aWdq2Lo.jpg

Just got my first Tribal Lock in today, and it's magnificent! Build quality is every bit as good as GEC. They might not all be this good . . .
but this one is!

VivOU8j.jpg

aWdq2Lo.jpg

Ha ha ha. Congrats. Great looking knife. Seems to be the general reaction of anyone who picks one up. Every one I’ve seen has been that good. I loved mine so much I bought my dad the jigged burnt amber bone one with the great threaded bolsters for Father’s Day, and it was excellent as well.

Ha ha ha. Congrats. Great looking knife. Seems to be the general reaction of anyone who picks one up. Every one I’ve seen has been that good. I loved mine so much I bought my dad the jigged burnt amber bone one with the great threaded bolsters for Father’s Day, and it was excellent as well.

I recently gifted my father one as well. In the past he has been hesitant to use knives I gave him, as they were “too nice,” so the one I gave him was well-used, in yellow Delrin. He’s as fond of it as I am of this one:

0FE61313-2E5F-4DAD-B751-85D7A0443002.jpeg

I recently gifted my father one as well. In the past he has been hesitant to use knives I gave him, as they were “too nice,” so the one I gave him was well-used, in yellow Delrin. He’s as fond of it as I am of this one:

View attachment 1175711

In addition to my whiskey bone CV I have a yellow Delrin SS. It's a darn good "user". I'm afraid that I baby my other one too much! :p

Picked this up at the "gift counter" of the mom-and-pop drug store in the little town where we're vacationing this week. Couldn't pass up 30% off the $9 price for the no-name SAK clone. :rolleyes::thumbsup:
View attachment 1176312
View attachment 1176314
View attachment 1176313

- GT
I understand why you can't pass up a souvenir knife. I bought a $2 sidewalk knife on my trip to Chinatown, NYC last Spring. I mean, for two dollars, how could I resist? :D
hq7U8JF.jpg

Case finally made one of their new Barlows the right way: two blade clip/pen, sawcut bone, no shield, bolster stamp, carbon steel. :thumbsup: I had to buy one in order to do my part to encourage them. :D
This should get a patina started:
1mV5EsY.jpg

I have a GEC #29 Stockyard Whittler on reserve. That and the 2019 Forum knife will be it for the year. My knife budget is done. No complaints, though. That should add up to a pretty sweet year for knives. :cool::thumbsup:

Y'alla re killing me with that Barlow r8shell r8shell . Maybe I've never had a thing for Barlows because they've never done it right till now ha ha. That one is just gorgeous. Very nice 5K Qs 5K Qs , saw one yesterday but it was in too bade a shape. Kim and I decided to drive a couple towns over yesterday to check out some junk etc. dealers there. One of the places we frequent here had just opened a 2nd shop about halfway to where we were headed. Stopped in to say hi and he told us about a sale going on a couple towns over from where we were headed. Never made it to our original destination ha ha ha, but...

20190810_195713 by Chris Thayer, on Flickr

Left to right, from the top: 1) 1998 Case #18 3-blade med Stockman 2) 1976 Case #25 1/2 small Coke bottle 3)Utica Kutmaster 4) Case Serpentine Equal End Jack. Haven't figured out pattern no. yet, but tang stamp puts it between 1940-1964. Clip and pen open on same end 5) John Primble Stockman. I can't wait to clean this up 6) Schrade, Walden NY tang stamp. Small Stockman. Neat knife, but the point of the clip is bent like Aladdin's shoe! Open to suggestions if anyone know how to fix. 7) Camillus #66. The scales are a white celluloid or something? Has thin little stripes in it, seersucker suit-like. 8) Buck 305 9) Kim th ePatron Saint of Lost Causes I don't know Imperial maybe? She had to have it. Bolster is missing on pile side. Pattern is weird, the main sits behind the pen and my big fingers can't get the nail nick 10) Gerber Silver Knight. Some need more TLC than others, did a couple last night. Who am I kidding, and early this morning too! :) Fun day.

Back