Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

248810015_5183924291622090_6376834822853525915_n.jpg

A nice mail call yesterday from our very own JohnDF JohnDF . I reached out to John as I was keen to acquire one of his slips and we agreed a trade for the slip and this wonderful case from 1975. Great craftmanship on the slip John, I am delighted with it. It is the ideal size for a host of my knives but it seems to be perfect for my GEC mustang.

The knife is great as well. It is the oldest case knife I have handled and it is in fantastic condition for its age. They sure don't make them like they used to;)

On a side note by the time the package reached me in the UK it had split open but amazingly the contents were still intact. Good to see there are still some honest folks out there.

Many thanks for the trade, John 🤝👍

FJIMG-20211024-140934.jpg

FJIMG-20211024-141130.jpg
I love that copperhead! I definitely need to get one.

Lionsteel Otnat, red Linen Micarta covers, titanium liners, M390 blade steel.
An SFO at Collector Knives, a BF dealer member.

The build is not strictly traditional, but it ticks off a number of "+" boxes for things that please me in a knife.
Wasn't certain if I was going to like the lanyard, but it's perfect for pulling the knife out of the pocket sheath.
I like that the blade can be pinched open, yet I would still call this a 5 on spring strength.
Has half a stop. Not something I specifically look for in a knife, but it fits on this one.
I find the handle comfortable. Nice texture to the Micarta.
The unusual "spear point" is actually a very useful shape. It's already been in use today.
The cut swedges add to the interest of the shape in my eyes. And the machining work is gorgeously done.
Blazing sharp out of the box. One of the few knives I started using right out of the box before stopping to sharpen it.
Two thumbs up on this one, for sure, Mike.

FAM5eqe.jpg

The build is not strictly traditional, but it ticks off a number of "+" boxes for things that please me in a knife.
Wasn't certain if I was going to like the lanyard, but it's perfect for pulling the knife out of the pocket sheath.
I like that the blade can be pinched open, yet I would still call this a 5 on spring strength.
Has half a stop. Not something I specifically look for in a knife, but it fits on this one.
The unusual "spear point" is actually a very useful shape. It's already been in use today.
The cut swedges add to the interest of the shape in my eyes. And the machining work is gorgeously done.
Blazing sharp out of the box. One of the few knives I started using right out of the box before stopping to sharpen it.

FAM5eqe.jpg
That does look like a very useful work knife. Sort of a cross between a spear and sheepsfoot blade.:thumbsup:

Ruhiger Sturm, that's a beauty of a Case stag . . . what is the pattern number?

Frank, I agree 100% with your assessment of the lionSteel. I have a Bolus drop point in ram's horn which I consider to be one of the finest pocket knives I own, and their M390 is THE finest I've found on any traditional. Mine, too, came scalpel sharp.

FAM5eqe.jpg

This blade shape is very similar to the Benchmade Osborne 940. I've never had one but a lot of people love them. Definitely an attractive blade that looks like it could get a lot of work done!

FAM5eqe.jpg

Those are nice, aren’t they? The reverse tanto blade isn’t my cup of tea, but I picked one up with the clip point earlier this year and was really pleased with it.

a9Z5FKH.jpg

3032C30E-A11A-4069-857B-5F53B11BB37F.jpegRuhiger Sturm, that's a beauty of a Case stag . . . what is the pattern number?

Frank, I agree 100% with your assessment of the lionSteel. I have a Bolus drop point in ram's horn which I consider to be one of the finest pocket knives I own, and their M390 is THE finest I've found on any traditional. Mine, too, came scalpel sharp.
I didn’t see your post until now. This one is a 53047.

Back