Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

🐎🐎🐎

250386581_5191143390900180_46196841619469314_n.jpg

Grand weekend at the akaMatt mailbox! I landed a 68 Pony Jack and a Buck 112 with a 5160 drop point blade.

Couldn’t be happier with the 68 I received. The cocobolo is absolutely fantastic, I love the cam tangs, and the blades are perfectly centered. Gonna make a great carry when I get to it.

The Buck is also going to make a tremendous user. I find the 112 to be one of the most comfortable knives in my hand, and I was anxious to try a different steel and the drop point blade. This one locks tight and looks great (now). I think mine was assembled in the late 1800s*, based on the filth factor when it arrived, but after a good cleaning and a lot of oil and working the pivot, it now looks and works great! (*box says 04/04/2019)

E6C61AAA-2F5E-4CDF-845D-BECE59D4A923.jpeg

I found this at the bottom of a box of encrusted junk knives. When I asked how much? the owner almost fainted. Are you serious was his answer. So, for less than a pack of smokes and and an hours time of scrubbing I’ve got a new collection started.
Hi Alan,

That’s a stroke of nice luck. My local shop has one framed with a copy of the Schrade patent, and another that was for sale a while back, he allowed me to take a pic.

8CE24FC8-21C1-4403-82EB-8D615047A4A2.jpeg

Just arrived.
I'm pretty sure this qualifies as a "Traditional" knife. Celtic Pocket Knife.
OAL is 3 3/8 inch. Cutting Edge is 2 1/8 inch. Inside of the loop is 1 1/4 inch, at the gap.
Blade Steel is 14260 Spring Steel.
Here's what a quickie BING search brought up. http://zknives.com/knives/steels/steelgraph.php?nm=14260

I evened the edge to 10 DPS, which is what the factory edge is, according to my guided rod sharpener.
I like the it isn't polished, as forged finish.View attachment 1674342
View attachment 1674343
Brand is Toferner. According to the paperwork, made in the Czech Republic.
I suspect I'll be getting some of their other Celtic styles.

Last edited:
Just arrived.
I'm pretty sure this qualifies as a "Traditional" knife. Celtic Pocket Knife.
OAL is 3 3/8. Cutting Edge is 2 1/8 inch. Inside of the loop is 1 1/4 inch, at the gap.
Blade Steel is 14260 Spring Steel.
Here's what a quickie BING search brought up. http://zknives.com/knives/steels/steelgraph.php?nm=14260

I evened the edge to 10 DPS, which is what the factory edge is, according to my guided rod sharpener.
I like it isn't polished, but as forged.View attachment 1674342
View attachment 1674343
Brand is Toferner. According to the paperwork, made in the Czech Republic.
I suspect I'll be getting some of their other styles.
That thing is really cool with the sheath. I think I saw that in another thread and was trying to figure out what it was. Thanks for posting some additional info!

Hi Alan,

That’s a stroke of nice luck. My local shop has one framed with a copy of the Schrade patent, and another that was for sale a while back, he allowed me to take a pic.

View attachment 1672283
Nice. That patent is long expired. I wonder why no one is making a single or double blade wire jack today.
Surely there is a market for a good inexpensive basic slipjoint pocket knife?

Back