Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

^^ Double tap )
NSWduwo.jpg

9OF21g5.jpg

Just received my Joker. Nice little (3.5") knife.no half stop with good w&t and very sharp. The only problem I can see is something that the big river site should have picked up on. You would think being named after the world's largest rainforest they could tell the difference between bubinga (ordered) wood and the plastic I received. Hahaha! Whatta ya think Gary? 5K Qs 5K Qs IMG_9042_copy_1024x769.jpg

Just received my Joker. Nice little (3.5") knife.no half stop with good w&t and very sharp. The only problem I can see is something that the big river site should have picked up on. You would think being named after the world's largest rainforest they could tell the difference between bubinga (ordered) wood and the plastic I received. Hahaha! Whatta ya think Gary? 5K Qs 5K Qs View attachment 1698598
Looks good, Alan, congrats! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
I don't have a Joker with the plastic handle, but I have a Pallares with the plastic scales that I like very much. But I'm guessing there was a price differential between bubinga and plastic handles at Amazon.
I'm very happy with my Joker that has a blade like yours.
pallares.mark.Vopen.vulcanslip.jpg
joker.used.open.pile.jpg

- GT

Just received my Joker. Nice little (3.5") knife.no half stop with good w&t and very sharp. The only problem I can see is something that the big river site should have picked up on. You would think being named after the world's largest rainforest they could tell the difference between bubinga (ordered) wood and the plastic I received. Hahaha! Whatta ya think Gary? 5K Qs 5K Qs View attachment 1698598
Any chance those handles are horn?

Any chance those handles are horn?
I wish. If it was any color but yellow you might be right. It really doesn't matter as I bought this one as a test which it passed.
5K Qs 5K Qs The leaf shape blade ticks all the boxes for me. It looks good, it's sharp and should work for all my needs. I think I first saw it on an Aitor Castor knife which I couldn't find. The yellow plastic handle on your Pallares looks identical.

Last edited:
I wish. If it was any color but yellow you might be right. It really doesn't matter as I bought this one as a test which it passed.

Just a thought. I had looked at the various Joker models when I was shopping and didn’t remember any plastic handles except some dark green ones. Yours reminded me of a Joker with horn handles which Gary 5K Qs 5K Qs has posted. It looks nice, whatever it is. :thumbsup:

Just a thought. I had looked at the various Joker models when I was shopping and didn’t remember any plastic handles except some dark green ones. Yours reminded me of a Joker with horn handles which Gary 5K Qs 5K Qs has posted. It looks nice, whatever it is. :thumbsup:
That's what I thought until it showed up. I'm leaning towards keeping it.

That has a very unique look to it. They do have a campfire bone out now that is similar but has streaks of red or orange.
Oh cool I’d like to see that one 👍🏻
I like the natural or cream barnboard I think they call it because it goes with my beard & owl Barnboard hanky lol.

5K Qs 5K Qs The leaf shape blade ticks all the boxes for me. It looks good, it's sharp and should work for all my needs. I think I first saw it on an Aitor Castor knife which I couldn't find. The yellow plastic handle on your Pallares looks identical.
I've looked for Aitor Castor models off and on for at least a couple of years; I think they're really nice. But the models (I think they came in 2 or 3 sizes) are discontinued, and I'm not very good at finding stuff on the secondary market.

Glad you like the blade on your Joker, Alan!

- GT

This faux tortoise Marbles is larger than I usually carry, but I’ve come to really like tortoise. My wife had ordered me to pick out a knife for Christmas, so when this one went on sale it just seemed logical to grab it. She says it was too cheap and I need to keep looking. :)
zOvewaB.jpg

I bet it's Super Slicey. 🤠 :thumbsup:
I dunno ... I did skin a 🤬 🤮 grape with it, and cut a few translucent slices at supper tyme, before flushing that vile disgusting yucky flavor thing.
Didn't get any olives to see if it can skin them like a tomato/love apple. It takes a really sharp knife to skin a not frozen olive, you know... 😁

Back