Your own physical reaction to having had the vaccine shots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pfizer. First zero issues. Second shot gave me a 103 degree fever, raging migraine and light sensitivity so bad that i couldnt go outside or watch a TV. Im not falling for any scamdemic 3rd shot booster B.S.

First shot=four days in bed with an immediate and severe gout attack.

Second shot=five days in bed knocked out with brutal body aches and joint pain.

I haven't felt right since and if I could go back in time, I would have never.

Won't even entertain the thought of a third.

Pfizer

First shot=four days in bed with an immediate and severe gout attack.

Second shot=five days in bed knocked out with brutal body aches and joint pain.

I haven't felt right since and if I could go back in time, I would have never.

Won't even entertain the thought of a third.

Pfizer
Don't blame you. After that I wouldn't do a third one either. I don't know anybody who had a really bad reaction. I do know a couple of pretty healthy people who almost died from covid. Its a crap shoot. You're probably pretty well protected with two, and if you do get it, it probably won't be too bad. Hopefully. Kind of makes you want to take a bunch of money and go to Vegas doesn't it 😜

Your own physical reaction to having had the vaccine shots​

Please stay on topic.
Those who cannot are banned from this thread.

Johnson and Johnson made me very sick for two days. Pfizer booster yesterday just made my arm sore. I am supposed to have "robust protection" now. I had covid in early 2020, so between that and Johnson and Johnson, Pfizer maybe I'm okay.

The reason I received the Pfizer vaccine, was because my antibody level was checked before the Pfizer vaccine and it will be in six weeks again, to compare. It was of course totally volunteery.

Last edited:
Johnson and Johnson made me very sick for two days. Pfizer booster yesterday just made my arm sore. I am supposed to have "robust protection" now. I had covid in early 2020, so between that and Johnson and Johnson, Pfizer maybe I'm okay.

The reason I received the Pfizer vaccine, was because my antibody level was checked before the Pfizer vaccine and it will be in six weeks again, to compare. It was of course totally volunteery.
Some of the early figures I have read is that this protocol may give you as much as 20 times more antibodies. Please let us know what the results are.

Got the moderna shots. 1st shot, pretty sore arm for a couple days. Felt slightly off like the start of a head cold but nothing that slowed me down at all. Just felt "off" for a day.

Got my second shot last Friday at around 3pm. Felt fine all that evening. Woke up Saturday and felt a little off again like a headcold was starting. Stayed in bed and was talking with my wife and said I felt ok...I wondered if it would get worse as more time passed or if I was feeling the worst of it already....over the next hour while lying there it got worse and worse. My body started to ache, my skin got super sensitive like it was slightly sunburnt. Everything that touched my skin hurt. My head started to get foggy and just felt out of it and then I started shivering. I got so uncontrollably cold. Could not warm up. My wife got me a heated blanket and we turned it on high. Had that and 2 other blankets and still shivered for 30 minutes under it until I tried to go shower instead to warm up. My temperature was 97. After the shower I went outside and earlier afternoon temps were in the mid 80's and I was still shivering. Felt like it was 60 degrees outside to me. Wife and her 2 sons went to the lake to play (my wife wouldn't normally leave me like that but her younger son who she hasn't seen in 2 years was home on leave from Germany and i insisted she go have fun with him) and I stayed home feeling like crapola. While they were gone my body reversed its cold spell and I got super hot. Fun fun. Started sweating badly for hours. Also developed a pretty gnarly dry cough. Basically this went on all day. Woke up Sunday morning coughing and still feeling bad. I started taking tylenol at that point and I think it helped. Took about an hour and a half for the tylenol to kick in and then it gave me about an hour of relief before my symptoms started coming back. And then I'd take a couple more. Did that all day.

Monday I slept in as I'm scheduled to work swing shift. Ended up calling in. Felt 80% better but still felt very foggy in the head and the cough was still there. Body aches were much better though (not completely gone but manageable) and my skin didn't feel like it was ripping when something touched it. Even wearing clothes hurt on Saturday when it was at its worst. So much better on Monday.

Tuesday. Ended up calling in again. Body aches are basically all gone but my head is still splitting and my cough would still alarm people at work. I do think by tomorrow though I should be fairly close back to normal and fully plan to be back in the full swing of things.

So for me it was like 30-40 hours of really bad aches and temp swings and feeling like everything that touched my skin was ripping it off...and a couple days of a bad head cold with a cough...

Moderna
1st - sore arm, but nothing I’d complain about or even mention If I wasn’t specifically asked. Think a tetnus shot.
2nd - first 12-14 hours no reaction. At about 14 hours ran a fever. I basically slept for 12 hours and was 100% back to normal the next day.

EDIT: Just to be clear, I consider this entire process to be a non-event. Didn’t want my description to be taken as anything other than a minor inconvenience.

Last edited:
Zero, nada, not so much as a hint of any side effects after either of the two Pfizer shots, neither did my wife. If it makes any difference, we're both well into our 70's.

Months ago now, Moderna shots, scheduled them for Fridays.

First shot- sore arm for two days, felt slightly off Saturday morning like the onset of a cold but can't say if it was psychosomatic or real, slept in a bit and then felt ok, had some beers that evening.

Second shot, sore arm was a little more sore for a couple days, same undefined vaguely- unwell feeling, slept in again Saturday morning, felt ok after. Drank beers and whatnot that evening like usual, same as first.

I haven't found a good excuse to sleep in 'til noon on Saturdays since.

Had my second pfizer shot last weekend, and for work on monday had some slight ache (and I mean slight, some might simply call it an awareness) through the entirety of that shoulder. The only distinguishing feature was that it was through the entire shoulder area, not just the bicep or anywhere else. But apart from that, didn't slow me down at all, and my job is pretty physical (currently factory maintenance at a cabinetry plant, random, yes)
There was some thought that my other conditions might make it rougher for me, but I guess not. My wife was likewise unaffected.

I got the Moderna awhile back. IIRC, no issues after the first shot. However I felt a little tired after the second... not enough to stop me from working on attic insulation. It might not have been related to the vaccination.

I know at least two people personally that felt very sick after the second shot. It lasted about a day. IIRC, one was with Moderna and one with Pfizer. Both are workaholics, but needed to take a sick day. I don't know if it's related, but both had unrelated injuries/surgeries that they were recovering from.

Vietnam took delivery of 3 million Moderna doses from the U.S. government July 25, and my daughter-in-law got one yesterday. She says her shoulder is sore and she feels dopey but otherwise ok. Most countries want to track a resident alien's address and phone number, and here it was put to good use. She got a call Sunday morning from her closest hospital, where she had never been a patient, to come in that afternoon for her shot. It was close enough to bike it but she got a friend to drive her. Public transportation and cabs are shut down there and they have a 6 PM to 6 AM curfew.

Last edited:
Had one of Pfizer two weeks ago, almost painless process. Sore arm for 24hrs, had the shot at 0730hrs and was in bed asleep by around 1900hrs, had the best night's sleep I have had in months. Had a bout of the chills the following afternoon (people laughed at me as I was wearing one of my issued alpine jackets in my office) and that has been it. 2nd is set to be delivered around the 16th of this month. When I tried sticking the TV antenna cable in my ear, the reception was honestly no better. I was quite disappointed.

AstraZeneca 12 weeks ago. Mild headache and fatigue for about two days. Nothing serious. Had the second shot three days ago. Nothing to report. Feel fine.

I'm 46 and got my first Pfizer shot April 15th. I was 'needle sore' in the arm I got the jab for a day or two after, but otherwise no ill-effects.

Got my 2nd Pfizer needle on Thursday. I experienced 24hrs of hyper-vigilant paranoia: every slight tingle or instance of elevated heart-rate was met with the thought that some nasty side-effect was in the mail. I just tried to relax, took it easy for the rest of the day, and I seem ok. Less 'needle sore' than the first shot too, for some reason.

I do know some people who have been sick (mostly flu-like symptoms in varying degrees of severity) after their second dose. Happy to say all seem fine now.

My folks each got one Pfizer and one Moderna (as offered by their local clinic) and both are ok--no side-effects to date.

Happiness and health to all...

-Brett

I got Moderna

Shot one: Nothing
Shot two: Tuned in to Saturday sleep day, I slept until dinner when my wife kicked me out of bed to cook two hours later I was back asleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back