Your recent opinion on Nick Shabazz ?

Just as flattering, humbling, and honestly, surreal, as the popularity I seem to have on YouTube. It’s great to get the feedback where people aren’t feeling the love, but mostly it’s heartwarming. You all are awesome, and I truly do appreciate all the kind words.
Don't get all soft on us now, batman. ;)

Nick Shabazz is awesome! :D

Great reviews and disassembly. Though some of his subjective tastes are different from my own, it's refreshing and wonderful to hear another opinion.

He seems afraid of anything "stabby". WTF, that is what knives are FOR.

I carry a lot of oversized folders, but I never found Nick to be "afraid" of any knives on his channel. If you think knives are generally for stabbing, I'd be really interested to hear your use case. In my experience, stabbing (piercing cuts) is the least common and least appropriate application of a folding knife.

I carry a lot of oversized folders, but I never found Nick to be "afraid" of any knives on his channel. If you think knives are generally for stabbing, I'd be really interested to hear your use case. In my experience, stabbing (piercing cuts) is the least common and least appropriate application of a folding knife.

Stabby/Piercing/Pointy blades were useful in my prior work place (not for me personally) but basically every industry that uses bags. The two I can think off are (Industrial) Bakeries and Plastic Product Producers, simply because Flour and Plastic Granulate arrives in Bags, you cut them and dump the stuff into whatever machine that needs to be fed with it. But I agree, it's very specialized and 95% of the people with a pocket knife don't need something that it super pointy to pierce a ton of stuff every day and most of those tasks can be done with practically any reasonably pointy blade.

He describes them as scary, in a scared voice.

I think a good knife is useful in cutting AND stabbing ability. But again, it seemed to me that he used the word as an adjective to describe any "aggressive" looking knife and not as a result of how it actually performed in any stabbing tests done.

I like "stabby" knives.

They are the type that I usually carry and I am carrying a very "stabby" 4.5" bladed CRKT Otanashi Noh Ken today that you can see here. :)

He is one of the reviews whos opinion I do value. Most knives he likes I do as well so I will check his channel before buying to see if he has done a review.

My Dad used to joke "Its the guy who wants to stab you with a butter knife because it hurts more. That you need to be afraid of" lol

The whole "stabby" thing is really going to depend on where you live. One hand you may live somewhere in the world that you need a intimidating looking knife, and its perfectly ok to own one.
Where as you may live somewhere like me and you have to be able to convince the cop that it's not a weapon, it's a tool. Its gonna be pretty tough to convince them your Rambo knife is used to open boxes.

Also if you actually had to use your knife for SD...Don't rule out that if your knife looks too "stabby" the cops will use that against you claiming that you had some weird fantasy about stabbing someone.

The problem is measuring it. If you treat it as "thickness at the end of the V-bevel", then it'll vary depending on sharpening angle. And what do you do with Scandis? People often discuss "reporting these numbers", but it's non-trivial to even find a way to do so.

Probably one could get a slot of a known width (and quite thin) cut in the end of a steel ruler, and then measure how deep a blade sits in the slot.

Generally seems like a nice guy, but tempered with the fact that he doesn't like knives >3 inches and that he's kind of whiny (then again IIRC he's from New York, maybe that's just the accent).

Generally seems like a nice guy, but tempered with the fact that he doesn't like knives >3 inches and that he's kind of whiny (then again IIRC he's from New York, maybe that's just the accent).

He was in Michigan, now resides in California.

I like Nick , warts and all...…… He has a good presentation style; knows the item he is discussing and keeps the program moving along...… Other You-Tubers that take 10 minutes to give you 2 minutes of content drive me nuts...…. I don't think Nick would BS you into buying something that he, himself, didn't believe in...…… So, I like Nick and would like to maybe someday meet him...…..He seems like a genuinely nice guy...…..

So, I like Nick and would like to maybe someday meet him...…..He seems like a genuinely nice guy...…..

Use the Signal and he'll come running:
K4L4LTa.jpg

Back