Your recent opinion on Nick Shabazz ?

I think I could have been a bit more clear. I simply bring this up in regards to you and your vids because you did in fact coin the term and not because you are by yourself a cause of a new fad that I do not subscribe to. Nor am I disparaging the opinions of anyone that does subscribe to it. But opinions such as this that have gained traction in the community and repeated by many have been the driving force in design, sometimes in a direction only a portion of the community agrees with. That was what I was really pointing out and was not intended as a criticism of you.
You can't be serious. He absolutely did not coin that phrase. Google "cliff stamp". Even Nutn has been harping on that for ages.

I’m just being honest with my opinion and I’m far from a tacticool bro. Just can’t help to think he’s a bit fruity whenever he screechs at a knife...”So Murdery”

I disagree with your opinion. I think it's great you are in a position where you can just brush off other peoples' opinions about knives. I would wish the same for all of us. However, reality is often times different. A lot of non-knife people scare easily. Some of these people are in positions of power. Some of them might decide about our employment or career. A lot of us have to take that into account.

For example, If I take a really big and aggressive looking knife into my office job, that will get me fired, period. So yes, 'murderyness' is relevant to me when it comes to office carry knives. Different strokes for different folks.

He seems like an nice guy and his videos can be informative.

I don’t know how to say this without offending Nick but his taste in knives is a little betamale-ish. I guess it is similar to Ben from BladeHQ who prefers sub 3 inch blades. While I respect him for liking what he likes but how the heck do you cut anything with those tiny blades. My little 5’1” Asian wife carries a larger knife

One wonders who's the real beta male, the one carrying a 3" pocket knife, or the one who thinks his masculinity is related to the size of his pocket knife...

I know when I have something wrong. And I got that wrong. I stand by my post
No offense meant, but what is your original post even trying to say? It seems like you're saying that you don't want thin edges (irrespective of stock thickness), and that it has something to do with aesthetics?

Most people love thin edges because they, along with overall blade geometry, aid in cutting. That hardly seems contentious to bring up in video reviews of cutting tools.

He seems like an nice guy and his videos can be informative.

I don’t know how to say this without offending Nick but his taste in knives is a little betamale-ish. I guess it is similar to Ben from BladeHQ who prefers sub 3 inch blades. While I respect him for liking what he likes but how the heck do you cut anything with those tiny blades. My little 5’1” Asian wife carries a larger knife

Don't worry, it's OK. You are much more manly than I am. I've made my peace.

No offense meant, but what is your original post even trying to say? It seems like you're saying that you don't want thin edges (irrespective of stock thickness), and that it has something to do with aesthetics?

I think talk of thin behind the edge, talk of slicing, and talk of thinner stock inevitably goes hand in hand despite being 3 different subjects. And as many in this thread alone have pointed out, its the direction the pendulum is swinging. I mean, I have heard “thin behind the edge” so many times in the past year that I thought Shabazz coined it. Look at the two examples I mentioned. The ZT 909 and the Benchmade Loco. They were absolutely not thin behind the edge, but nor were they sharpened prybars. Those aren’t the only knives I buy but is it wrong to like em? Were they bad? All I’m saying is that slicers, thin stock, and thin behind the edge is all fine and good, but not necessarily what I want.

I saw a PM3 (or PM2, I forget) disassembly video of his, where he put egregious amounts of oil all over the lock-side liner, and in between where it meets the g10 scale. Now I will really only watch one his videos if I am just checking out a potential purchase and there aren't any better reviews available. He seems pretty consistent and generally covers the main features/pros/cons of the knives so that is a plus for sure.

I think the great thing about knife reviews is that you can find someone who shares similar preferences and ideologies as yours and gleam more information. For example, Shabazz hates big knives while someone like Kevin Cleary loves them. My preferences lean more toward Nick than Kevin's. I don't knock Shabazz or any other reviewer because of their opinions because — well — they're opinions. That being said, there are only three reviewers whose videos I watch religiously — Shabazz, Cedric & Ada, and AdvancedKnifeBro.

I think talk of thin behind the edge, talk of slicing, and talk of thinner stock inevitably goes hand in hand despite being 3 different subjects. And as many in this thread alone have pointed out, its the direction the pendulum is swinging. I mean, I have heard “thin behind the edge” so many times in the past year that I thought Shabazz coined it. Look at the two examples I mentioned. The ZT 909 and the Benchmade Loco. They were absolutely not thin behind the edge, but nor were they sharpened prybars. Those aren’t the only knives I buy but is it wrong to like em? Were they bad? All I’m saying is that slicers, thin stock, and thin behind the edge is all fine and good, but not necessarily what I want.
Nobody says you're wrong to like whatever you like. But as a reviewer, it's his prerogative to note things he doesn't like. And he, like many others, doesn't like how many knives have thick edges. He generally even notes out when a knife has thick stock, a thick edge, a poor grind for slicing, or any of the above, rather than conflating them all together like you said is commonly done.
Again, do you just not personally care if a knife has attributes conducive to cutting performance because it doesn't affect you, or after you saying you actually prefer knives that have thicker edges, all other things being equal?

Great thread! I had written Nick off due to a brief look at one video. The accent was a total turn off to me for whatever reasons. After reading here a bit I looked at a few of his reviews. The first one was about the Sebenza. He actually had changed his mind after trying one. Brilliant! I've binged several more of his vids now and subscribed. Sometimes, whether in knives or reviewers, ya gotta take a closer look.

I saw a PM3 (or PM2, I forget) disassembly video of his, where he put egregious amounts of oil all over the lock-side liner, and in between where it meets the g10 scale. Now I will really only watch one his videos if I am just checking out a potential purchase and there aren't any better reviews available. He seems pretty consistent and generally covers the main features/pros/cons of the knives so that is a plus for sure.
I can't speak to him over-lubing pivots, but I too put oil in between the liners and the G10 scales on my knives. If you get water on your knives a lot you can get serious rust in between the liners and the scales, so some oil helps with that.

Nobody says you're wrong to like whatever you like. But as a reviewer, it's his prerogative to note things he doesn't like. And he, like many others, doesn't like how many knives have thick edges. He generally even notes out when a knife has thick stock, a thick edge, a poor grind for slicing, or any of the above, rather than conflating them all together like you said is commonly done.
Again, do you just not personally care if a knife has attributes conducive to cutting performance because it doesn't affect you, or after you saying you actually prefer knives that have thicker edges, all other things being equal?

Actually thats not what I’m not saying at all. There are knives thick behind the edge that I do in fact like. But i never said I prefer thick behind the edge. But I do prefer thick stock and precision slicing is not an everyday need for me. I just think it all goes hand in hand. Production companies are not gonna look at the conversation and say, “how am I going to make a thick stock knife with a proper grind?” They are going to make a thinner stock knife that can slice better. The ZT 470 is proof of this.

Back