Photos Your very first knife vs your latest - Did your taste and style changed?

:D
Careful with that sebbie if you planned to use it as a whittler. Probably an expensive one if it snap but highly doubt it would :D
Oh yeah! I realized I'm not artistic enough for that kind of crafting. So the Sebby is safe:D

I've been looking into getting myself a Rinkhals. I was curious about the ability to open it one-handed though. Are you able to? It is mostly compared to the Mnandi, which I personally can open with one hand pretty easily, but know that some people have a great deal of trouble with it. Thanks!

Hey, thanks for the interest in the Rinkhals, i don't own a Mnandi so i can't say for sure. Unfortunately, i can only open it to the first detent, with some struggle one handed, then the second one is much more stronger, rendering it nearly impossible with my small hand to open it further with one hand. Definitively, a two handed knife, sadly. But, as for trade off, you get a lot more exotic inlay depending on what you want :D. F&F is about the same as CRK.

Hey, thanks for the interest in the Rinkhals, i don't own a Mnandi so i can't say for sure. Unfortunately, i can only open it to the first detent, with some struggle one handed, then the second one is much more stronger, rendering it nearly impossible with my small hand to open it further with one hand. Definitively, a two handed knife, sadly. But, as for trade off, you get a lot more exotic inlay depending on what you want :D. F&F is about the same as CRK.
Thanks for the info! I reached out to them about ordering one and, it's my first interaction with AB, already super impressed with customer service.

I guess my taste has improved ever so slightly since then right? :D

692504-BC-F380-47-BB-8-FDA-9-CFF14475-C40.jpg

My first knife was likely an SAK Camper. From age 11 I've always had one model or another on me. These days it's a Compact. My latest is the custom Laconico EZC pictured at the bottom.

5tQ5G7Ul.jpg

First knife given to me in the early 80's by my Paw paw...one of my most prized posessions...
3JHdqvN.jpg

Believe it or not, Frost used to be decent quality...
5oDSTaF.jpg

dLMW1rD.jpg

Roll Tide!
Eh82oDm.jpg

My most recent purchase...the remblance is uncanny
i6UQPZ8.jpg

Last edited:
1st knife, old timer stockman, for a few decades.

In between, many. Most notable, for 1.5 decades, a benchmade mini afck m2hss.

Last knife, spyderco sage 1 maxamet, which I never foresee being replaced.

Overall span - many decades.

It's notable that in all these decades, regardless of anything else I've carried and used, I've always had a medium size stockman in my pocket, which will never change.

First knife? A mighty C. Julius Herbertz Bavarian Hunting Knife with a 2 5/16" blade and stag handle. Procured decades ago, when I wasn't quite 3.5 years old. My parents declined to have the shopkeeper sharpen it, and it remains unsharpened to this day. Most recent knife? Cold Steel Magnum Tanto XII.

zRFlZ6E.jpg

Last edited:
I can appreciate what you’re saying here.

13 year old me thought it couldn’t get much better than this:
gU1Z8zA.jpg

I eventually learned it can get considerably better:
96bVfhZ.jpg

Also, first and latest folder.
sWSZrVv.jpg

I like that your style still remains the same just refiner. Nice FK2 :eek: but that rambo blade tho...

My first knife was a Cub Scout knife. It is long gone.

The second knife that I got was a small traditional Boker. I still have it somewhere.

My latest is a Vic Spartan. Arrived earlier today.

EDIT: Just noted the time on my post. I should have stated that my Spartan arrived yesterday.

Last edited:
My first knife was a CRKT M16.........what a piece of junk!
Then I learned about knives......some from this forum.
Then I got the bug for knives bought some pricey knives.
Last knife the Ontario RAT 1 in Aus 8 as a beater.

The oldest still at my hands. A 5 $ buy at a cooperative fishermen shop. I wanted a cheap knife that wouldn't make me cry if it was confiscated by the police. Funny thing is I still have it and it's still healthy as a knife can be (the lower one in the picture, of course...).
w1Zzk2d.jpg

Today, I'm more into fixed blades (because I can) and this is my most recent love. It is an excellent EDC, by the way.

2qJiNQQ.jpg

There’s the first knife I bought for myself, beyond kitchen knives or SAK’s.

OUY0XVP.jpg

And here is the most recent, which I received on Wednesday.

CLaFU2b.jpg

Now, there is nothing really incongruous about that pair, right? But here is a folder I bought just before the Nessmuk...

iGu52Ux.jpg

:D

Back