Zombies

Make a note that Zombie threads are as quickly growing and popular as Bear threads.

munk

Great site!

*I* am good to go with *two* of the recommended zombie eliminators:

# Warhammer (especially with a pick-like spike on the opposite side)
# Falcata (a sword meant for cleaving through shields and helmets)

Between them, the hi-cap 9 and and SKS with lots of ammo...I am all set as a zombie guy. Guess I need to check my wardrobe though...what's best for zombie clothes anyway?

There appears to be a part of all of us that would like nothing better than an afternoon of Zombie busting.

I'll take my M1A with large cap mags, AK backup, 41 mag, 10mm, and a shotgun.

munk

munk...read the site...you are obviously overloaded! It's a common rookie zombie hunter mistake...usually fatal.

;)

Not at all; you deplete your stock until your position becomes untenable, then flee a prearranged route with the weapons you've selected to take, leaving the others, with barrels still glowing red and spent cases piled high, behind you.

I'd leave the AK and the shotgun, take the M1 and the two handguns.

You can always get another shotgun. After all the ammo I fired through the AK, it's probably not minute of zombie anymore....

munk

Nasty said:
Guess I need to check my wardrobe though...what's best for zombie clothes anyway?

My guess would be thick leather jacket, gloves, pants, and steel toe boots. I don't know if you have any lying around, Nasty. I know it might be a tad rare at the Nasty household;) Heck, i wear the jacket and boots everyday to work:D
Oh and get a leather suit two sizes too small for the Mrs...might as well have something to look at while you're smackin around pusbags;)
I'm thinking combustion might be best weapon against the "second generation +" zombies. That is to say that those zombies that come to life...for whatever reason, after they are buried will have been processed to stay in the ground preserved. Decomposition will be retarded by all the chemicals in their system. I would suggest a good large cal round to the head or even a .22 behind to ear so it can bounce around and turn their brain into oatmeal.
HOWEVER, those that are bitten, thus infected and thus die, WOULD not have anything done to their bodies. Decomposition will rapidly take place. As their gastric system breaks down methane will be reliesed. The movies don't show it, but I bet zombies are very farty;) THUS, any good combustable piercing projectile like a flaming arrow (Danny, Yvsa, et al) delivered to the belly area SHOULD set off a chain reaction of foul smelling exploding zombies. It'd be like one guy lighting his fart that in turn lights another guy's fart that lights another guy's fart, etc.
One well placed flaming arrow could take out waves of the living dead based on Steely's flaming explosive fart domino theory;)

Jake

Speaking of zombies....anyone here ever play Quake (the original version)?

Lots of zombies that went splat when ya nailed them. The Nine Inch Nails music wasn't bad either. :cool:

Semper Fi said:
Speaking of zombies....anyone here ever play Quake (the original version)?

Lots of zombies that went splat when ya nailed them. The Nine Inch Nails music wasn't bad either. :cool:

In a similar vein. A game called "Stubbs the Zombie: Rebel Without A Pulse" is going to be released for Xbox sometime this year. For the first time you will actually PLAY as the zombie, walking around and snackin on brains. looks like fun:)
btw, Semp, Quake rocks:) Doom 3 ain't bad either.
Jake

Here's a post of mine from January:

I was hard at work at school, looking for historical information on Oglethorpe and fevers when I ran into something interesting. And disturbing.

This is probably the most important website readers of this forum will ever visit. It details the history of a (now defunct) Federal Agency, and why Americans would do well to be concerned about the mission of that closed agency. The site is here.

John

I see. Perhaps the Agency can answer the question; "Was the Grateful Dead's Skull and Roses album a secret tribute to their Zombie Overlords?"

munk

The site seems to have disappeared. Too bad, I wish I had seen it. Some of my best friends are Zombies. :rolleyes:

Bri in Chi said:
The site seems to have disappeared. Too bad, I wish I had seen it. Some of my best friends are Zombies. :rolleyes:
Thank you.

Some of my best friends are humans.

It's still working for me...I'll see if I can snag it and burn it to a CD for you Brian.

Thank you for taking the FVZA Aptitude Test. Your score indicates that your personality might be best-suited for a position on the Assault Team. Assault team members conducted strikes against vampire and zombie hideouts, most often in the daytime. Ideal candidates for the Assault Team were courageous team players who never left a wounded team member behind, no matter what the danger.

FVZA.jpg

Thank you for taking the FVZA aptitude test. Your score indicates that your personality might be best-suited for a position as a Shadow. Shadows were elite trained fighters who conducted night missions against vampires and zombies. Unlike members of the Assault Team, Shadows generally worked alone. The best Shadows tended to be loner types who possessed a combination of supreme confidence and a problem with authority. An ideal Shadow candidate was young and single, as the job's training requirements and strange hours allowed little time for a personal life.

Pretty cool:)

Jake

Great, Jake is Bruce Willis and I'm a member of the strike team with Nasty.

munk

munk said:
Great, Jake is Bruce Willis and I'm a member of the strike team with Nasty.
munk

:D I'm in good company...who else is in?

Back