ZT 0801CF In The "Wild"

#682, just got it today! Worth every dollar of the 400 I spent! It is stunningly brilliant

But, the lock bar is super sticky on all 3...

One of mine is like that with a semi-sticky lock. It's getting better. The second one is perfect.

Also, the jimping is more aggressive than a regular 0801. Overall, outstanding flippers.

It makes you think how good the regular 0801 is and I'm looking forward to the 0801BW. That'll look sick.

Does anyone know if Kai has shown a prototype (or pics) of the 0801BW? I've looked and can't find what it is supposed to look like....

#0042 checking in. This knife really transcends the concept of a simple tool and moves into the realm of art. Just stunning.

Does anyone know if Kai has shown a prototype (or pics) of the 0801BW? I've looked and can't find what it is supposed to look like....

ZT is coming out with a 0801BW? I did not know that!!! That is awesome news. BW on titanium should look outstanding? What a holy trio that will make. Not that my honeymoon with the 0801cf is going to be wearing off any time soon... The titanium on the 0801BW will remain uncoated, won't it?

Got a 0350BW and a 0560BW recently, and I really like the coating. It's very smooth, and I'm guessing it will wear very well. Anyone know what it is made of? I think I looked into that once, :rolleyes: but my remaining functional brain cells apparently decided to take the weekend off.

ZT is coming out with a 0801BW? I did not know that!!! That is awesome news. BW on titanium should look outstanding? What a holy trio that will make. Not that my honeymoon with the 0801cf is going to be wearing off any time soon... The titanium on the 0801BW will remain uncoated, won't it?

Got a 0350BW and a 0560BW recently, and I really like the coating. It's very smooth, and I'm guessing it will wear very well. Anyone know what it is made of? I think I looked into that once, :rolleyes: but my remaining functional brain cells apparently decided to take the weekend off.

I think the 0801BW will look better than any ZT BW because the handles are all titanium whereas in the 0550BW, 0560BW, 0300BW and 0350BW at least one side is black G-10. All surfaces are Tungsten DLC (Diamond-like Carbon) coated, then tumbled with stones to produce the distinctive ZT blackwash finish.

Although only 0560BW and 0300BW were announced at the 2013 Blade Show we did eventually see 0350BW show up everywhere unannounced and 0550BW as a BladeHQ exclusive.

Lock is sticking . I penciled it and it's still sticky. Might need breaking in.

As I mentioned before, one of mine has a real stiff lock bar that sticks. It really shouldn't stick like a titanium on steel contact since it has a hardened stainless steel insert on the lock bar contact so that you get steel on steel contact. I'm guessing that the lock bar is a little too long in some cases. I've played with the one with issues and it's only marginally better. Another one I have has been as smooth as butter and perfect in every aspect. I'll be sending mine in.

I think the 0801BW will look better than any ZT BW because the handles are all titanium whereas in the 0550BW, 0560BW, 0300BW and 0350BW at least one side is black G-10. All surfaces are Tungsten DLC (Diamond-like Carbon) coated, then tumbled with stones to produce the distinctive ZT blackwash finish.

Although only 0560BW and 0300BW were announced at the 2013 Blade Show we did eventually see 0350BW show up everywhere unannounced and 0550BW as a BladeHQ exclusive.

Thanks, Ramin. Yea, I've been liking that BW finish. Kind of wishing ZT would have used it on the 0600, as well. Oh well. I've been eying the 0550BW; have yet to pull the trigger. But now that I've gotten a couple of the others, I suppose it's just a matter of time. Kind of how things are with me and ZT. Resistance is futile!!!

And where can I sign up for a 0801BW? I can only imagine how beautiful that one will be. I am so glad ZT is taking this model another step further. And I truly hope it won't be their last. Thanks for the great news. :thumbup:

Thanks, Ramin. Yea, I've been liking that BW finish. Kind of wishing ZT would have used it on the 0600, as well. Oh well. I've been eying the 0550BW; have yet to pull the trigger. But now that I've gotten a couple of the others, I suppose it's just a matter of time. Kind of how things are with me and ZT. Resistance is futile!!!

And where can I sign up for a 0801BW? I can only imagine how beautiful that one will be. I am so glad ZT is taking this model another step further. And I truly hope it won't be their last. Thanks for the great news. :thumbup:

There's no guarantee that the 0801BW will show up just like 0566BW, 0566BWCF, 0801BLK and 0770CF-M390 since there has not been an official announcement. We may never know unless and until they all of a sudden show up unannounced at a dealer like the 0550BW did or the 0300 and 0301 Gen 2. Hopefully, we'll see them at Blade Show next month.

Some although listed at dealer websites we'll probably never see: 0561BLK, 0561BLKST and 0561ST.

Any and all of these, may all of a sudden take a back seat to more exciting and popular models like the announced at SHOT Show 0562, 0562CF, 0620, 0620CF, 0102 and 0180.

Last edited:
Upon further inspection of my 0801 there is also a slight dimple....that is the best way i can describe it on the opposite side of the blade. Sending it back for warranty. This will be my first experience of warranty with ZT, has anyone else got any feedback on zt warranty and customer service to ease my mind?

As I mentioned before, one of mine has a real stiff lock bar that sticks. It really shouldn't stick like a titanium on steel contact since it has a hardened stainless steel insert on the lock bar contact so that you get steel on steel contact. I'm guessing that the lock bar is a little too long in some cases. I've played with the one with issues and it's only marginally better. Another one I have has been as smooth as butter and perfect in every aspect. I'll be sending mine in.

Let us know if they fix it. I'd hate to send this out and risk it for nothing.
Thanks.

Upon further inspection of my 0801 there is also a slight dimple....that is the best way i can describe it on the opposite side of the blade. Sending it back for warranty. This will be my first experience of warranty with ZT, has anyone else got any feedback on zt warranty and customer service to ease my mind?

Hard to say these knives are so new and limited production. Hope there won't be any issues with parts.
If parts are available they generally take about a week.

Back