ZT 0801CF In The "Wild"

#491 Is in hand. Absolutey stunning. I haven't handled many customs or midtechs as much as you guys her on the forums. But this is as nice as any knife I've fondled. And it's breathtaking. No joke. I've been looking at it for almost in hour inspecting every angle and edge. Edges and crevases have a muted rainbow color. The blade is perfectly ground on mine. Dead center. 40% lockup. Sharpness of blade is very good. Very glad the CF is flat and not shiny. It is better looking that way in my opinion. If this was left-handed it would be absolutely perfect. At the price I got it for I feel like I stole it. Honest....it's.as good as everyone has said. Thoroughly impressed.

I have #564
Question, I really like to flip this knife, My first ZT with a lock bar stop pin. Should I be easy on it because of this design.
I am not overly flip crazy, but because of the strong detent, the blade comes out with authorit

Thanks

I wish I had a backup as I like to use my knives. I wish I had another just to keep pristine.

I am right there with ya! I wish I had one to put in the safe and one to use the heck out of!
2rep8ok.jpg

All I can say is I wish I had two. #0138 just arrived!! Absolutely amazing.

Well I fell in love with this knife at first sight when it was debuted. My feelings were what everyone is describing at their first flip of the blade I thought it was stuning. Judging from the reviews of the 0801 I was pretty sure I would be happy with the exciution of the knife, certain it would be of great quality and function. It turned out to be so but it really is more beautiful in person and as sharp as any knife out of the box. It is up there as one of my favorites but it is not close to the 0888 in my opinion. That knife is an in house special product that will be hard to top!

I managed to snag 3 or them. Sold one on the bay yesterday and I'll probably keep the other 2. Seems to be pretty nice. But, the lock bar is super sticky on all 3...

Around the 4-minute mark of Jim Skelton's May 2 video he says that the 0801cf is probably one of the coolest production knives ever. He also briefly shows his model.

Highest Serial# is still around 750? If it stays that way and no more are produced I'm going to guess a run of around 600-700.

I managed to snag 3 or them. Sold one on the bay yesterday and I'll probably keep the other 2. Seems to be pretty nice. But, the lock bar is super sticky on all 3...

That's weird, I have handled two 0801cf and they had no problem whatsoever with the lock bar....

Send them back for a checkup?

I finally received mine. Perfect specimen and the color changes on the sides of the lockbar and inside the handle with the logo. It's really too bad I was only able to get one because I don't know if I can get myself to use such a FINE piece without a backup. It is everything I hoped for and then some.

ZT, please consider releasing other versions of the 801 (since it's apparently confirmed that the 801CF is def a one time thing)... Different color perhaps, steel choice, etc. The Singularity/801 is an excellent platform.

Again, another shout out to KnifeCenter for coming through... $256 SHIPPED FTW.

Just received mine from a forum member. God damnit that's nice!! #406 here.

Back