What's Next? . . . The ALL NEW 2nd Generation BADGER ATTACK ERGO!!!!

Well, I think that did it. I was a bit worried about the balance myself.

The original was heavy and stout. This one will be considerably lighter yet stout with better handles and a better price lol. I am not a small knife guy, but I am buying a few.

can we get a pic of a clean side shot like you did on the SHe would be very much appreciated

Done. Green/black on sage. This is a good size, right in the heart of my carry preference. Couldn't pass it up.

Did I say something wrong again? That is what I get for being 100% positive.

Now, I either have to explain that I am either right or just plain stupid.

Ok. I am stupid. Sorry I chimed in.

You guys who want to EDC a .22" thick 5" long fixed blade.... :p
Should be a badass knife for sure, but not sure it's EDC material for me lol

I could EDC it on my job but I wouldn't. IMO it is too big for normal EDC. Perfect all use camp knife.

I think it will be right for edc.

You guys who want to EDC a .22" thick 5" long fixed blade.... :p
Should be a badass knife for sure, but not sure it's EDC material for me lol

EDC means different things for different people. The specs on this are very similar to an old EDC of mine from before my daily role at work changed.

The original was heavy and stout. This one will be considerably lighter yet stout with better handles and a better price lol. I am not a small knife guy, but I am buying a few.

Wish I could afford to pick up a couple, but money is tight. So just one. ;)

True. Still trying to figure out in what this adds functionality re the RMD.

That's the biggest sticking point for me. I couldn't even tell you, offhand, how many RMDs I have (I want to say 13, but I might have given the nod to superstition & gotten one more)...and only 2 or 3 of them get used. The rest are all backups. And/or an indication of an obsessive disorder :eek:.
Of course a slightly thicker handlewould be an improvement over the RMD (in my eyes, at least).....hmmmmm, perhaps I was hasty in my initial decision; I'll do the last minute re-think at last call.

Small choils allow for much easier sharpening of the entire edge without creating a recurved blade over time.

Also, when we have offered a choiless option in the past, less than 6% have been ordered without the choil.

It is simply not cost effective to tool up for such a small number of knives.
Let's Drink! :thumbup:

Jerry
:D

A number from Jerry. A rare occurrance and useful info.

Helps me resist getting the BAE2 and growing my modest collection when I'm trying to shrink it as I also prefer no choil on small to medium length blades.

If I really want a No-choil SJTAC, I'll have to wait for the Custom Shop to unclog. Mid 2017 give me time to save my pennies and mull this over. Pretty sure I'll still want one.

My remaining choil-less blades will be the last to go since it looks like no others will be offered. [2 CABS LE & 3 BOSS JACK (2 CG + 1 Proto)]

As far as "tooling" goes, he would have to modify his CNC codes for cutting the blanks and possibly machining the main grind profile (Flat, Saber, or Convex). That could be a simple sub-routine with a check box (On-Off/A-B/Choil-No choil). Actual physical tooling would only come into play if the blank is also secured for machining in the choil cut-out as opposed to the handle area. Its certainly do-able as it has been done several times before. (CABS, Tank Buster No-choil option, Boss Jack No-choil option) But if so few buy it, I can see not offering it as a no cost option. NO CHOIL OPTION: How about an up charge similar to that for a premuim finish or handle material? Money talks and there is a (small) market for that option. What say you, Mr. Busse? You can get the Custom Shop to change handle slabs and the finish (or do it yourself) but even the Custom Shop can't fill in the choil for you if you don't want one.

Pete

Last edited:
That's the biggest sticking point for me. I couldn't even tell you, offhand, how many RMDs I have (I want to say 13, but I might have given the nod to superstition & gotten one more)...and only 2 or 3 of them get used. The rest are all backups. And/or an indication of an obsessive disorder :eek:.
Of course a slightly thicker handlewould be an improvement over the RMD (in my eyes, at least).....hmmmmm, perhaps I was hasty in my initial decision; I'll do the last minute re-think at last call.

I have a couple of RMDs and love them more than I loved the BATAC from a few years ago, despite the fact that the BATAC LE vied with the ASH-1 CG for the most solid, stout, bad ass knife imaginable. But the BATAC LE was .25" thick (mine was .27"), which is getting up there, and the RMD could benefit from a little more handle thickness. So the BAe will be a very stout but usable knife. Tempting.

The Ergo handle has more control and a lot more leverage than the mischief handle of the RMD, in my opinion. I love the RMD, but honestly I haven't really used mine since I got my BAe.

This might be what got reduced in the design though. I got 2 and I'm planning on butt grinding 1. Except for the choil, this is almost exactly what I have been wanting for over 3 years now.

As much as I like the looks of this new offering, I think I'd still reach for my Hell Razor (infi)--it's my answer to the RMD and the need for a versatile camp/hike/ general all-arounder... it's even great in the kitchen with while chickens, ribs, etc... The magnum G10 handle and the ergos are enough "ergo" to make it very comfortable with or without gloves, and the 3/16ths (or so) stock make it fast, light enough, and still very stout to handle just about anything. I reprofiled it a bit and convexed it on my Ken Onion Work Sharp--with very good results.

I am waiting for a bigger chopper, hopefully a fusion or NM... or something like that BM, CG, infi... and holiday pricing on G10 for an ergo handle would be awesome.

Congrats to all those who scored on this great deal--I'm sure you'll love it.

Here is a pic of my favorite:
302xthj.jpg

The BAe is such a cool looking knife but with the Boss Street and Ratmandu, I'm not sure I need this one. It will be a wide-bladed bruiser at .22" thick and I'd like to try the new Ergo handle, but the SHe will give me this opportunity, and my wallet will be grateful. May still succumb but trying to resist ;-)

Always hard to tell without a hands-on, but the specs and the look, makes this knife seem like a serious contender for a permanent EDC

GOOD LUCK to all those new owners.

Merry Christmas!

ShaneJustice

What's the problem? You didn't say anything wrong, or even mildly controversial. No worries.

Back