What's Next? . . . The ALL NEW 2nd Generation BADGER ATTACK ERGO!!!!

Bossman says only 6% of buyers wanted choil-less option in the past ( very surprising). I bet if there was a poll taken now that figure would be much much higher. Hard to picture why anyone would opt for a non usable choil on a 4 -5 inch blade compared to full edge. We should start a poll to see what the current interest is in choil less as for me and other people that choil can mean the difference between buying and not buying regardless of how wonderful the rest of the package appears.

very true. I mentioned earlier where I like choils. To me the choil on this one is so small that it is insignificant anyway.

I don't mind a choil, large or small blade. I only hope they keep these around long enough so I can score a dozen or so :) :eek::eek::D Really love this size knife :)

Very high saber!

Nice!!!

Jerry
Say Heah Mr. Busse, I would like to Wish You and Your Family and at Work a Safe Memorial Day, You just answered my question, First I gambled and got the Steel Heart Ergo because most of my B'Knives are non-coated except my Green American Flag Cerakote ASH-1 and that don't count, But my gamble paid off because shortly there after the Badger Attack Ergo came out, so I was elated because it was similar to one of my Fav's 2Knife carry my Rodent 7 and my Rodent 4, but in the INFI, WoW Wee, then the Ergo Battle Mistress and you know I had to have it. Thank You so much. One happy camper in Ohio State Buckeye Country. Go Cav's

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Hi! This is an old thread and I don't know if anyone will reply. blade thickness is with coated? what is the coating thickness? And will this knife, with its thickness, withstand if I try to open the car door with it, or will I use the knife as a lever? Or if I try to cut metal with it, like this guy on YouTube?
I don't actually need to cut metal, but I just want to understand it theoretically. On YouTube, the Bastu 9 knife is made of the same steel and its thickness is 0.03 more.
Sincerely, Vlad.

Hi! This is an old thread and I don't know if anyone will reply. blade thickness is with coated? what is the coating thickness? And will this knife, with its thickness, withstand if I try to open the car door with it, or will I use the knife as a lever? Or if I try to cut metal with it, like this guy on YouTube?
I don't actually need to cut metal, but I just want to understand it theoretically. On YouTube, the Bastu 9 knife is made of the same steel and its thickness is 0.03 more.
Sincerely, Vlad.

These knives all come from the factory (for the most part) with suitable edge geometry to cut metal. They are in the range of 25-30 DPS generally and quite thick behind that edge bevel, so that combined with the tough steels that are used will allow for this. The only problem with this is of course the tradeoff that it will not be ideally suited to cutting almost everything else and will require much more force to cut compared to a knife with the edge angles in the range of 12-15 DPS. There's no free lunch but rest assured you are essentially receiving a knife-like object that will cut more like a cold chisel than a knife.

These knives all come from the factory (for the most part) with suitable edge geometry to cut metal. They are in the range of 25-30 DPS generally and quite thick behind that edge bevel, so that combined with the tough steels that are used will allow for this. The only problem with this is of course the tradeoff that it will not be ideally suited to cutting almost everything else and will require much more force to cut compared to a knife with the edge angles in the range of 12-15 DPS. There's no free lunch but rest assured you are essentially receiving a knife-like object that will cut more like a cold chisel than a knife.
Thank you very much for your response. And it's great, because it's exactly what I need!

By the way, does anyone know that the INFI heat treatment protocols were changed and the steel became less toughness, but harder? This was written in one topic in 2011 here on the forum and quoted the words of Jerry Busse. But the topic with his words was deleted. Has anyone really noticed the difference in toughness and hardness (HRC) on INFI on old and new knives?

ā€œ
We have been experimenting with a new heat treating procedure for INFI that we have termed CNQ which promises to deliver a consistently higher hardness as well as, what we hope will be, a considerable increase in cutting performance on certain materials.

Of course, the incredible toughness that INFI brings to the table will be decreased, but we recognize that there are some applications where exceptional toughness is not a top priority. . ..

We will keep you updated . . .

Back to drinking. ...

Jerryā€

Last edited:
Hi all! I hope everything is fine. I have two Busse. And my friend recently bought a Busse Hell razor 2. thickness 0.22 infi steel. We began to rigorously test this knife. First we clamped it in a pipe and stood on the knife together (144 kilograms or 315 pounds), the knife was clamped halfway along the length and did not bend! then we increased the load and with a force of 400 pounds the knife bent by 3 millimeters. To level the knife, I took a 3 pound hammer and hit the knife from the side; after 10 strong hits, the knife did not straighten out. Then we ran over this knife with the front wheel of a Toyota Siena - the knife did not align. after we clamped the knife in the sewer hatch, I used a 0.5 meter pipe as a lever and I bent the knife in the other direction and only after that I leveled the knife. Now it's smooth! steel bent 3 times! after that I hit the cinder block and the metal pipe with the butt of the knife (like Joe X). the knife is intact! Even the handle linings are intact and there is no play. I'll add a video on YouTube later.
Infi steel is the best! and thanks to Busse for such durable knives! sorry for my bad english. Best regards, Vlad.

Last edited:
Hi all! I hope everything is fine. I have two Busse. And my friend recently bought a Busse Hell razor 2. thickness 0.22 infi steel. We began to rigorously test this knife. First we clamped it in a pipe and stood on the knife together (144 kilograms or 315 pounds), the knife was clamped halfway along the length and did not bend! then we increased the load and with a force of 400 pounds the knife bent by 3 millimeters. To level the knife, I took a 3 pound hammer and hit the knife from the side; after 10 strong hits, the knife did not straighten out. Then we ran over this knife with the front wheel of a Toyota Siena - the knife did not align. after we clamped the knife in the sewer hatch, I used a 0.5 meter pipe as a lever and I bent the knife in the other direction and only after that I leveled the knife. Now it's smooth! steel bent 3 times! after that I hit the cinder block and the metal pipe with the butt of the knife (like Joe X). the knife is intact! Even the handle linings are intact and there is no play. I'll add a video on YouTube later.
Infi steel is the best! and thanks to Busse for such durable knives! sorry for my bad english. Best regards, Vlad.
Videos dude

Load the video already

šŸ˜†

I have made a lot of short videos, I will combine them and upload them online later. I estimate that Joe hits the pipe about 200-250 times. Today I gave 200 blows to the pipe and 200 blows to the edge of the pry bar, for a total of 400 blows! and even before that about 30 hits on the cinder block. After hitting the spine on the pipe, the Infi steel began to chip; I noticed about 10 chips. the steel cracked and a piece broke off. Then I rounded the spine with a file and after that there was no more damage on the spine, only slight plastic deformation. I recommend making the spine round. But who knows how this will affect the warranty? because I decided to make the spines round on all my Busse knives.

I have made a lot of short videos, I will combine them and upload them online later. I estimate that Joe hits the pipe about 200-250 times. Today I gave 200 blows to the pipe and 200 blows to the edge of the pry bar, for a total of 400 blows! and even before that about 30 hits on the cinder block. After hitting the spine on the pipe, the Infi steel began to chip; I noticed about 10 chips. the steel cracked and a piece broke off. Then I rounded the spine with a file and after that there was no more damage on the spine, only slight plastic deformation. I recommend making the spine round. But who knows how this will affect the warranty? because I decided to make the spines round on all my Busse knives.
How big was the piece that broke off? Is the blade still in tact?

Yes, the knife is in perfect order! The pieces were 3x2 millimeters in size; a total of 13 pieces broke off in 200 blows. I think because the mount is thin and there is hardened steel. after hitting the pipe there was only plastic deformation without chips.
but my friends, to whom I showed these tests, already want to buy such a knife for themselves! Despite the chips, I was pleased with the Busse; I have never seen a stronger knife.

No, I didn't want to damage the knife, these tests wouldn't have happened if we hadn't bent it. This is a friend's knife. But I chopped a nail with my knife and there were always only plastic deformations on the edge, just like... at the tip. both of my Busse behaved identically (friendā€™s knife is the third). I have completed the video and will upload it to YouTube, please forgive me immediately, I am not a knife tester or a blogger. It would be nice to check the knife with a flaw detector (ultrasound or penetrant flaw detection) ... But I can only use my small microscope to check.

No, I didn't want to damage the knife, these tests wouldn't have happened if we hadn't bent it. This is a friend's knife. But I chopped a nail with my knife and there were always only plastic deformations on the edge, just like... at the tip. both of my Busse behaved identically (friendā€™s knife is the third). I have completed the video and will upload it to YouTube, please forgive me immediately, I am not a knife tester or a blogger. It would be nice to check the knife with a flaw detector (ultrasound or penetrant flaw detection) ... But I can only use my small microscope to check.

Ok cool will wait for the youtube link

Back