Beckerhead firearms

DSC_0085_zpslaawbtkr.jpg

DSC_0090_zps4hveumtk.jpg

Well, 6,5x55 Swedish of course :D
Planning to get a "tube" in 308 or 8x57 or 9,3...or perhaps all of them eventually.

I could see it being used in the special ops. But for TOE of an Infantry unit I think it would be way to expensive since it uses an AR10 lower instead of an M16/M4 lower. The whole rifle would have to be replaced not just the upper receiver. Definitely a lively round. But with our urban conflicts and door kicking tactics theres no need for a 1200 meter rifle in every body's hands. Maybe one per platoon/ squad as a DM/SDM.

Well, I just learned the best thing ever.. Apparently in VA you can't buy handguns until you're 21, but only from a licensed dealer. I can buy one privately and open carry at 18 (which is less than 9 months away.. sadly no CC permit until 21).

Gonna get a Canik TP9 SA or SF and a smaller 9mm (was thinking S&W Shield since there are some good deals on them, but I don't know yet, the more compact gun will come after the Canik) for when I need something smaller or if nothing else just to have when I'm old enough to get a CC permit.

Also... some pics from the reenactment of the Battle of New Market and the museum that is on the farm that the battle took place. They had an amazing gun collection.

f4kEn6o.jpg

Vc12ZNu.jpg

0RVKRFX.jpg

DAfmxjz.jpg

GmQeFBk.jpg

91mO57o.jpg

ORghZST.jpg

The revolver in the bottom right of the above pic was awesome. It held 9 rounds and fired buckshot.

1vLqZ9s.jpg

The rifle above was carried by a VMI Cadet that took part in the fight. It got hit by an artillery shell. It stayed loaded (unbeknownst to the people who owned it) until 1999 when someone thought to check it.

And a few pics of the reenactment itself.

rT8bgEh.jpg

4yg1NMh.jpg

PnOGWrj.jpg

HYDn3Uq.jpg

Q6ULIeb.jpg

wHdEHrD.jpg

The VMI Cadets (youngest was only 15) charged a Yankee cannon and captured it.
5IDBMfk.jpg

After taking the cannon.
u9vexQ8.jpg

Cool pics N Noswad0208 !

I have this pretty thing hanging in my office at work. Makes me happy and all my co-workers jealous. :cool: (apologies for the crappy pic, can only do so much with interior lighting and difficult angles)

KsrtbUg.jpg

The nine shot revolver is called a LeMat. Very effective from horseback.

I can see why. Seems like that could cause some chaos haha.

Cool pics N Noswad0208 !

I have this pretty thing hanging in my office at work. Makes me happy and all my co-workers jealous. :cool: (apologies for the crappy pic, can only do so much with interior lighting and difficult angles)

KsrtbUg.jpg

Thanks!

Dude that's awesome! I'm super jealous.

I am a very long time firearms trainer and competitor. I am so convinced that the shield is one of the best carry options that I bought another one this week.

the version without the safety. my sig and my kahr elite now live in the safe.

Back