Buck Collectors Club Inc.

Being a n00b to this forum, I'm hesitant to post the link to the club as some forums frown on linkage. Simply google Buck Collectors Club and the .org site that comes up is it. The correct one is obvious. I read somewhere that you can join via email, but someone else might have that info. I don't.

Requirements or stipulations? Well, they let me in, so I doubt it. I just went to the site, downloaded the form, filled it out, included a check and sent it in. Got my package today.

Thanks. I'll just go the snail mail route myself and mail it in unless I find out how to email it before then. Look forward to seeing what all the hoopla is about.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if this is the proper forum to ask this question, but seeing as I'll soon be a member here and you are the experts I'll give it a shot. At the risk of showing my ignorance I was wondering if I could get some advice on collecting, and also how is the best way to go about educating myself on Buck knives. For instance, I read where members throw out model numbers, blade and steel types, production dates, etc . . ., like they were a second language. Example: There are several variations of the 110, each having a series of letters following the number. What do those letters mean? What is the best way to learn all of this? I appreciate the help.

I'm not sure if this is the proper forum to ask this question, but seeing as I'll soon be a member here and you are the experts I'll give it a shot. At the risk of showing my ignorance I was wondering if I could get some advice on collecting, and also how is the best way to go about educating myself on Buck knives. For instance, I read where members throw out model numbers, blade and steel types, production dates, etc . . ., like they were a second language. Example: There are several variations of the 110, each having a series of letters following the number. What do those letters mean? What is the best way to learn all of this? I appreciate the help.

This IS the right forum to ask. I am not a old Buck Knife collector, but have learned a few things. I hate clam shell (plastic) package as its bulky and you can't touch and keep NIB. I now try to collect Bucks in Boxes (they stack great) and have the dates on the box and keep them NIB.

Keep a list/journal on knife, price, date, etc and not wait as some do before it becomes a hard timely task. Getting two per year (min) from the BCCI/Buck Pro Account is the best deal period.

This IS the right forum to ask. I am not a old Buck Knife collector, but have learned a few things. I hate clam shell (plastic) package as its bulky and you can't touch and keep NIB. I now try to collect Bucks in Boxes (they stack great) and have the dates on the box and keep them NIB.

Keep a list/journal on knife, price, date, etc and not wait as some do before it becomes a hard timely task. Getting two per year (min) from the BCCI/Buck Pro Account is the best deal period.

Thanks AW. Great advice!

MW,
Read the Buck forum thoroughly.
I prefer Bucks so I only collect Bucks, otherwise I'd just have a bunch of various knives.
I mostly only buy what I like.

Well, I've sent in my check for BCCI. Can't wait to hear back! Hopefully it will be before I start my next hitch.

Last edited:
Question: I registered with the Pro Site but every time I try to log in it takes me back to the buck.com site, yet it tells me there is already an account related to my email. Why is this? Also, what are the advantages or the Pro Site and will my recent purchase of a 110 from the custom shop have any affect?

Last edited:
Question: I registered with the Pro Site but every time I try to log in it takes me back to the buck.com site, yet it tells me there is already an account related to my email. Why is this? Also, what are the advantages or the Pro Site and will my recent purchase of a 110 from the custom shop have any affect?

I had the same problem. When I got my BCCI membership number in my club packet, I simply emailed the Buck Pro Shop ("contact us" menu item) and gave them the number. By noon the next day, they had my access to the Pro Site set up.

Your BCCI membership will not get you a discount from the Custom Shoppe, so no affect there. But you will get some fairly deep discounts from most of the items in the store itself (for example, I'm ordering a $995 set of cutlery for $398). Each year, you get 2 discounts on knives, 2 discounts on sheaths, 2 discounts on sharpeners, and 25 discounts on Buck Stuff. Really good prices - and no shipping if you order more than $50. Pretty good deal. With that order, I'll save 24X the price of my membership. You can't beat that! ;)

BTW, check your packet closely when you get it. Your member name and password for the BCCI site is included as a sheet of paper, easy to overlook and you do want to get access to that site. Very impressive for anyone collecting Buck.

Last edited:
I had the same problem. When I got my BCCI membership number in my club packet, I simply emailed the Buck Pro Shop ("contact us" menu item) and gave them the number. By noon the next day, they had my access to the Pro Site set up.

Your BCCI membership will not get you a discount from the Custom Shoppe, so no affect there. But you will get some fairly deep discounts from most of the items in the store itself (for example, I'm ordering a $995 set of cutlery for $398). Each year, you get 2 discounts on knives, 2 discounts on sheaths, 2 discounts on sharpeners, and 25 discounts on Buck Stuff. Really good prices - and no shipping if you order more than $50. Pretty good deal. With that order, I'll save 24X the price of my membership. You can't beat that! ;)

BTW, check your packet closely when you get it. Your member name and password for the BCCI site is included as a sheet of paper, easy to overlook and you do want to get access to that site. Very impressive for anyone collecting Buck.

Great information to know! Thanks SB. I've never been in such a hurry to spend money in my life. Although my wife tells me I'll have to miss one or two Mississippi State games this year to make up for it. We shall see.;)

Well, I got an email from John and my BCCI packet is on it's way. The club officially has a new lifer. I'm like a kid at Christmas, waiting for Santa.

Well guys it's official! I received my packet with password and all (that's going to be a hard one to remember). I am now BCCI Lifetime Member #2567. Nothing in there from Larry about his knives for sale. I guess I can email him. I already know it is going to be a pleasure building my - as of now very small - collection, and getting to know some fine people. Blessings to all.

Well guys it's official! I received my packet with password and all (that's going to be a hard one to remember). I am now BCCI Lifetime Member #2567. Nothing in there from Larry about his knives for sale. I guess I can email him. I already know it is going to be a pleasure building my - as of now very small - collection, and getting to know some fine people. Blessings to all.

Don't forget to register on the Pro Site to get your great discounts on a couple of knives a year.

There are certain knives (the Boone & Crockett Kalinga and the 0498 Family Traditions Adrenaline- Pro, to name a couple) on the Pro site that when you click on it, it states "currently not available". I was wondering if anyone could tell me if this means they are not in stock, or that they aren't available for a purchase discount? Is this permanent or temporary?

Back