Is Ganzo Firebird F753M1 any good, please share your opinon if you have one !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP - Two suggestions: Edit your post to remove the obscenities (not permitted in this part of the Forum), and spend less time here and more time learning grammar and spelling. You'll be able to afford better knives in the future.

There are Plenty of examples of generosity on this forum. In fact, I have seen Benchmade Griptilians, Spyderco Enduras, Delicas and Dragonflies gifted out to those that couldn't afford them. ....

You have a long way to go. Either work, save and earn your knife and respect it for that, or come to the table with an open heart, ears and mind, and appreciate the info and potential for hand-me-downs that may eventually present themselves.

Eeep. That has gone badly so many times with teens who have turned up around this time of year with similar attitudes, has it not?

You should check out the Kershaw link and flourish models great knives for around 35.00....

I am not trying to troll, really, but I have some questions:
Who is paying royalties or licensing to the person or company that invented the back lock?
Who is paying royalties or licensing to the person or company that invented the liner lock?
Who is paying royalties or licensing to the person or company that invented the slip joint?
Who is paying royalties or licensing to the person or company that invented the flipper design?
Who is paying royalties or licensing to the person or company that invented the thumb stud?
Who is paying royalties or licensing to the person or company that invented the pocket clip?
Who is paying royalties or licensing to the person or company that invented the frame lock?
Who is paying royalties or licensing to the person or company that invented the lock bar stabilizer?
etc etc etc

I am not saying that I am happy that Ganzo, and some other companies not reviled here, have been copying designs that cost others to develop, but there seems to be some hypocrisy here when people pile on and attack one company over another and accuse them of outright theft and ignore or approve of other companies that do the same thing.

If Benchmade wanted to protect their design world wide, perhaps they should have applied for protection world wide. Was it economically sound to do so? Probably not as they did not. Any knives made in the rest of the world with axis style locks are legal. They are also just as moral as any knife made with a frame lock that does not pay the original designer for the use of the design. If Benchmade wants to protect their design in the US there is the possibility to have the knives that are in contravention to their patent confiscated at the border. This is hard to get done but it does get done. Fluke had certain multimeters blocked at the border because they violated their copyright.

My point in all of this is; things get copied and it is up to the individual to decide what level of copying they are comfortable with based on their own morals. Everyone here has purchased a knife that has a copied design element where the original designer was not compensated for its use, EVERYONE.

Last edited:
Who is paying royalties or licensing to the person or company that invented the back lock?
Who is paying royalties or licensing to the person or company that invented the liner lock?
Who is paying royalties or licensing to the person or company that invented the slip joint?
Who is paying royalties or licensing to the person or company that invented the flipper design?
Who is paying royalties or licensing to the person or company that invented the thumb stud?
Who is paying royalties or licensing to the person or company that invented the pocket clip?
Who is paying royalties or licensing to the person or company that invented the frame lock?
Who is paying royalties or licensing to the person or company that invented the lock bar stabilizer?
etc etc etc

I am not saying that I am happy that Ganzo, and some other companies not reviled here, have been copying designs that cost others to develop, but there seems to be some hypocrisy here when people pile on and attack one company over another and accuse them of outright theft and ignore or approve of other companies that do the same thing.

If Benchmade wanted to protect their design world wide, perhaps they should have applied for protection world wide. Was it economically sound to do so? Probably not as they did not. Any knives made in the rest of the world with axis style locks are legal. They are also just as moral as any knife made with a frame lock that does not pay the original designer for the use of the design. If Benchmade wants to protect their design in the US there is the possibility to have the knives that are in contravention to their patent confiscated at the border. This is hard to get done but it does get done. Fluke had certain multimeters blocked at the border because they violated their copyright.

My point in all of this is; things get copied and it is up to the individual to decide what level of copying they are comfortable with based on their own morals. Everyone here has purchased a knife that has a copied design element where the original designer was not compensated for its use, EVERYONE.

What is integrity worth? Not much I guess.......

Benchmade doesn't even own the patent. Do some research before you speak next time.

etc etc etc

None of those things you mentioned are patented. Michael Walker invented the liner lock. Actually he didn't, liner locks have been used in slipjoint folders for decades. He invented the liner lock for modern folders though. He didn't patent it so others could use the idea freely. Chris Reeve adapted it in to the frame lock (Reeve Integral Lock). He didn't patent it either.

Some of the classier companies like Spyderco or A.G. Russell give credit where it's due. Not to say that those that don't aren't classy, but some do give credit to the inventors.

The AXIS lock is patented. The Spyderco round opening hole is trademarked (the patent expired). Right or wrong (and it is wrong), companies like Ganzo are breaking laws and damaging the knife community and legitimate knife companies by copying designs and stealing protected patents and trademarks.

There are plenty of quality inexpensive knives available that aren't leeching off the hard effort of others. Don't buy copies/counterfeit/knock-offs because you can't afford the real thing.

What is integrity worth? Not much I guess.......

Benchmade doesn't even own the patent. Do some research before you speak next time.

Sorry you are correct, I should have said "the inventors of the axis lock".

So you are saying that your integrity is 100% intact and have never purchased a knife that has a design element copied from someone else without compensation? Can you say that and maintain your integrity?

Sorry you are correct, I should have said "the inventors of the axis lock".

So you are saying that your integrity is 100% intact and have never purchased a knife that has a design element copied from someone else without compensation? Can you say that and maintain your integrity?

I know I'm correct or I wouldn't have said it :thumbup:

You were wrong and it took seconds to verify that, yet you said it anyway.

Your bs argument is one long used around here to justify theft.

I can say that. And I'm as poor as a pizza chain shift leader.

I know I'm correct or I wouldn't have said it :thumbup:

You were wrong and it took seconds to verify that, yet you said it anyway.

Your bs argument is one long used around here to justify theft.

So I admitted my error and then get jumped on again? Need I grovel and beg for forgiveness for making an error? Yeah right.....

And I am not arguing that theft is correct, I said the attitude here has been hypocritical. I do not agree that IP theft is a good thing nor is it something that I support. When did I justify theft? So you made an error and it can be verified in seconds, yet you said it anyway. Oh yes, hypocrisy.....

You still haven't answered the question: So you are saying that your integrity is 100% intact and have never purchased a knife that has a design element copied from someone else without compensation? Can you say that and maintain your integrity?

So I admitted my error and then get jumped on again? Need I grovel and beg for forgiveness for making an error? Yeah right.....

And I am not arguing that theft is correct, I said the attitude here has been hypocritical. I do not agree that IP theft is a good thing nor is it something that I support. When did I justify theft? So you made an error and it can be verified in seconds, yet you said it anyway. Oh yes, hypocrisy.....

You still haven't answered the question: So you are saying that your integrity is 100% intact and have never purchased a knife that has a design element copied from someone else without compensation? Can you say that and maintain your integrity?

Laws. Look into them. As it turns out, they help guide you in understanding what is right and wrong. Did you read nothing of what has been written above? Or anywhere on this forum? Or the rules?

At this point you agree with the troll OP. Congrats.

etc etc etc

I do agree on many of your points. But many of the examples you have listed are either too old to be protected anymore or the maker intentionally left the technology open source so that e veryone could use it. Either way i personally thi k people should be able to buy whatever they want as long as they arent doing so with the intention of defrauding others. Its easy to sit in judgement of others. But i dont believe any of us is a saint in all walks of life

You still haven't answered the question: So you are saying that your integrity is 100% intact and have never purchased a knife that has a design element copied from someone else without compensation?

You seem to be the one accusing him of being a hypocrite... Can you give an example of why that is? What knives does he own that "has a design element copied from someone else without compensation?"

The only reason why the chinese copy well known knife makers, is so that they can make money off of them. only reason. doesnt matter about lock type or style. whats clear is they copy designs near as close as they can or exact in some cases, for profit and because its free advertising, since they copied it. they will do anything to sell this junk in as much quantity as they can and dont care about poor material choices, heat treatment etc.

Laws. Look into them. As it turns out, they help guide you in understanding what is right and wrong. Did you read nothing of what has been written above? Or anywhere on this forum? Or the rules?

Did you read nothing of what has been written above that I wrote?

At this point I am wasting my time with you. Assert anything you want about my viewpoint you want, even in the face of it being expressed in the opposite. You could also be considered a troll for making straw man arguments. I see feelings outweigh logic here, just like anywhere on the internet. I should not expect any better, but I always hold out hope for humanity.

I will not respond further.

You seem to be the one accusing him of being a hypocrite... Can you give an example of why that is? What knives does he own that "has a design element copied from someone else without compensation?"

There is the possibility that he does not own any knives, in which case it would not be hypocritical to state those opinions. If someone has a knife, it has design elements copied from somewhere else. There are no exceptions.

Definitely not tryin to argue with you cray. But which US laws apply in china regarding this subject? From what i have read up on the subject the laws dont target purchasers or owners of a product even if done knowingly. The law prohibits the manufacture and sales of counterfeits.

The only reason why the chinese copy well known knife makers, is so that they can make money off of them. only reason. doesnt matter about lock type or style. whats clear is they copy designs near as close as they can or exact in some cases, for profit and because its free advertising, since they copied it. they will do anything to sell this junk in as much quantity as they can and dont care about poor material choices, heat treatment etc.

Problem is much of what you said simply isnt true. Its the propaganda many companies pushed to dissuade people from buying clones and counterfeits. But a few companies that are respected today actually got their start making counterfeits and clones. And they did it well enoguh to grab the attention of people who ended up using them for oem work and today these same companies have several collaborations with various custom makers and its been shown they use the materials they claim to use. I dont care if you dislike clones. But lets not muddy the waters and pretend that what you said applies to everyone. Do some lie and not use the materials stated? Sure. But that doesnt mean everyone in china making clones is.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back