Knock-Off, Counterfeit, Fake Bucks & The Americans Who Sell Them

Curious, have these counterfieters gone as far as putting the Buck paperwork with the knife stating the forever warranty and such?

I agree with leaving negative feedback in the case of reproduction and or fake buck imposters and probably soon will be leaving neg feedback, as after purchasing 7 knives from same distributor and still waiting for the delivery of them. Sadly I wish I would have found this site and forum before I foolishly thought I was getting actual buck collectors. Only to find out that the seller has made there own modification to the scales. I will attempt to return for a full refund less my shipping costs and will post the discussion I have with them on the phone for all to see how it works out to help prevent someone else having to go through this. In process of getting to become a BCCI member.

I have thought of that to, there ia a fake 110 on ebay from china running ecery week..they always bring about $35, and then they list another..look like oak on handles!

This thread is depressing.

I'm a new fan of Buck knives, and as such I wouldn't know how to tell the difference between a real and fake.

Reading this thread, it seems that a common theme is not having a stamped tang with a model number and Buck name. But yet there are some real ones with The Buck name not present, such as the 50th anniversary 110.

So how can I tell for sure if one is real?

I've also looked online, and it doesn't seem like I can find a list of authorized dealers. I presume big stores like amazon, Walmart, big5 should be reliable?

This thread is depressing.

I'm a new fan of Buck knives, and as such I wouldn't know how to tell the difference between a real and fake.

Reading this thread, it seems that a common theme is not having a stamped tang with a model number and Buck name. But yet there are some real ones with The Buck name not present, such as the 50th anniversary 110.

So how can I tell for sure if one is real?

I've also looked online, and it doesn't seem like I can find a list of authorized dealers. I presume big stores like amazon, Walmart, big5 should be reliable?

Big box stores are a safe bet.
The counterfeit sellers typically use descriptions like "BUCK Straight Knife Saber Fixed Blade Fishing Survival Camping Hunt Knife"
Compare model #'s to Buck's website, and do a search here too.
Also, they seem to use 4 digit model #'s alot......

Geez....those scandalous folks are a pain in the rear......

Mora,

Use a regular in-country store and buy a new 'in the box' Buck to get started. The farther you step into the darkness the thinner the ice becomes.

Hi All,

Was checking out ebay and found yet another fake, see below.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=111279055546&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

I don't know why I got a wild hair today sent the seller a message letting them know they was selling a fake, but I did and this is what they said

"Wow I didn't know that. I will go ahead and cancel the listing. I really do appreciate you pointing this out to me. Have A Great Day!
I wonder about that because it doesn't say anything on the knife itself. Well I guess I learned the hard way. When I bought the knife I was told it was a Buck knife, not in the Buck style. Man you sure have to watch out who & what you are buying. Again Thanks a lot
."

The guy closed this auction. As I said wild hair, then as I was flipping the auction site I saw so many more fakes it just makes you sick. Enough ranting from me on this topic. I wonder how much money Buck miss's out on each year as a result of this, and how many folks are out there using a fake Buck and don,t even know it?
jb4570

MODS--If this is in the wrong place I apologize--please edit/move/delete as necessary...

I don't post much, but I am familiar with good knives and Buck products--but, this one has me puzzled. I have what appears to be a quality Buck Zipper.. it is Buck USA marked, but no model number, and only 3.5" blade. Real or fake? I added a link to album with more pics.

http://s1270.photobucket.com/user/SHOOTIST357/library/Buck zipper

iframe>

SHOOT

MODS--If this is in the wrong place I apologize--please edit/move/delete as necessary...

I don't post much, but I am familiar with good knives and Buck products--but, this one has me puzzled. I have what appears to be a quality Buck Zipper.. it is Buck USA marked, but no model number, and only 3.5" blade. Real or fake? I added a link to album with more pics.

iframe>

SHOOT

Looks genuine.
Start a thread on it, and folks would likely give you some good info on it.

Did you measure the blade from the bolster? Or just the sharpened section?

Last edited:

iframe>

SHOOT

Found this for you....
Post #2 has the answer :)

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...haps-how-old-these-are?highlight=small+zipper

Advertised as "Buck Knife Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation 490 Gut Hook" snipitysnip

Identical to this model of knife from multiple offshore vendors (notice all usual suspects have the same 2008 date code but are brand spanking new, no bar coded box and no evidence the knife came to vendor directly from RMEF or a brick and mortar onshore vendor). Salem, Oregon vendor was evasive, wouldn't identify source, wouldn't show end of box with bar code.

Last edited:
My regualr VANGUARD has BUCK facing the hilt with model 192- USA. I guess the Dash after model number means 1992? like 110's?

Advertised as "Buck Knife Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation 490 Gut Hook" snipitysnip

Identical to this model of knife from multiple offshore vendors (notice all usual suspects have the same 2008 date code but are brand spanking new, no bar coded box and no evidence the knife came to vendor directly from RMEF or a brick and mortar onshore vendor). Salem, Oregon vendor was evasive, wouldn't identify source, wouldn't show end of box with bar code.

That's depressing Steve. Neither of us are that far away from Salem :D

I can only imagine how many sales Buck has lost because of these fakes. Sadly it affects all of the major companies. Knowing that many of these fakes are of less than stellar quality, it can leave a bad impression on someone if they think they bought an authentic product, and it didn't perform well...

I remember reading awhile back that Chris Reeve was able to get a fake Sebenza and look it over. He said the quality was actually very decent although the blade steel obviously would measure up to an original.

Sold out of Starkville, Mississippi. This is only one of several fake/counterfeits with this marquee for sale today on this one seller site.

Last edited:
The seller did not show the relevant box end when asked to. Typical of most sellers nebulous answers are offered to pointed questions praising the economy of their offering instead, red herring speak. Skilled in the art of deception selling fakes and counterfeits is not their first charade but just another example, data point, in a life of crime.

Back