Microforge Technology...

The MicroForge slot is for use after sharpening. It's not a sharpener, but an edge-shaping process. It's suggested to give a quick swipe or two on the face opposite the micro-serrations to true up any burr formed during the process.
Yes just enough to remove the burr. But I did not and it cut meat like crazy. Meat is death to a knife. A tomato will not fight back. When you have to remove silver skin and connective tissue you will see if a knife works for a few minutes. I hate to wash a knife and sharpen again. But I must wait for deer season to tell. But now I like the tool.

I just stumbled upon this thread as I was researching the M3 Work Sharp and its MicroForge slot. Thank you for the incredible wealth of knowledge shared here.

Now I did have a question, that I was a bit surprised that I did see any mention of. My understanding is that the MicroForge phase is best reserved for single bezel blades. Is this correct? So would you not recommend passing double bezel blades through the microforge slot? And also, what about bezel angles? I'm wondering about my Japanese blades, will there be an issue if the MicroForge is set at a higher angle?

Thanks for the support on this.

Fernando

Double bevel works fine in the slot. I haven't tried anything ultra-high-hardness in mine but I suspect it'd do fine, since the steel at the apex is so thin and the microforging so shallow.

Back